NUSC Suggestion Thread

Christmas Tree

I'm pretty disappointed that I'm having to post this here tbh. There seems to be no way for members to put forward their views other than to turn up to the open meetings. The contacts page on the website doesn't even have an email address for comments, let alone a forum where issues could be discussed. As far as I am aware there has been no canvassing of opinion from it's membership or from supporters in general other than trying to gauge the general feeling from the questions and opinions raised at these open meetings. Have there been any votes on any subjects? If so I'm not aware of them.

I'll address the bold bit first before the general stuff, there are email addresses on there where you can send stuff to but I agree theres nothing specific I'll take a look at it. Regarding the lack of consultation with members we have been going out and asking questions and will be doing a lot more soon. There will also (when I get my finger out me arse :jesuswept: ) be a members area where all of these things will be addressed.

5 month BUMP

"Fancy" new website which stops you copying content, but still no change. Is it a concious decision not to have a message board and only canvas opinion from the roadshows and random emails?

As a member I really have no idea what the current position of NUSC/T is and what action if any they are thinking of taking should Ashley announce the club is off the market, or the sale just remains ongoing like a Sports Direct store closing down sale. I certainly have no input into it or vote on it. Patience with the imminent takeover pretence will come to an end soon and there's going to be a lot more people willing to "do something" over a more prolonged period to show their anger than there were a year ago. Are NUSC going to take the initiative?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty disappointed that I'm having to post this here tbh. There seems to be no way for members to put forward their views other than to turn up to the open meetings. The contacts page on the website doesn't even have an email address for comments, let alone a forum where issues could be discussed. As far as I am aware there has been no canvassing of opinion from it's membership or from supporters in general other than trying to gauge the general feeling from the questions and opinions raised at these open meetings. Have there been any votes on any subjects? If so I'm not aware of them.

I'll address the bold bit first before the general stuff, there are email addresses on there where you can send stuff to but I agree theres nothing specific I'll take a look at it. Regarding the lack of consultation with members we have been going out and asking questions and will be doing a lot more soon. There will also (when I get my finger out me arse :lol: ) be a members area where all of these things will be addressed.

5 month BUMP

"Fancy" new website which stops you copying content, but still no change. Is it a concious decision not to have a message board and only canvas opinion from the roadshows and random emails?

As a member I really have no idea what the current position of NUSC/T is and what action if any they are thinking of taking should Ashley announce the club is off the market, or the sale just remains ongoing like a Sports Direct store closing down sale. I certainly have no input into it or vote on it. Patience with the imminent takeover pretence will come to an end soon and there's going to be a lot more people willing to "do something" over a more prolonged period to show their anger than there were a year ago. Are NUSC going to take the initiative?

We are currently discussing this as the current stance was based on the fact the club was being sold and we were working toward Trust status which has taken a lot of peoples time up, it was assumed that the sale would progress and there wouldnt be a need for any change from what was previously decided by the members ie sail along as we are and see what the immediate future brings.

If anything I personally think that our internal communications have suffered slightly while people have beavered away at getting the big initiative working, yes we read, respond and act on every email or comment received but at the same time they, as you say are not necessarily a proper indication of what is actually happening out there.

Theres a few things being looked at at the moment and I would imagine things will be changing as far as members communications and participation are concerned.

I would expect a lot more in the way of us speaking with members in the very near future and some events/ communications soon.

As for the website, it was a conscious decision not to have an open message board however that could be changed to create a members one where these things are discussed.

Oh and it wasnt changed to stop people copying stuff, that merely allows us to have a pretty font. If you did want to copy anything then switch off javascript in your browser and refresh the page and you'll get the copy and pasteable text up. :jesuswept:

I have occasionally thought about joining NUSC, as I support the concept of an independent supporters' organisation with the ability to champion the fans' interests. For NUSC to gain the ability, it will need the credibility that can only come from mass membership.

Unfortunately however I have been put off joining NUSC because some of the positions taken by it have seemed to me to be pretty unrealistic.

Whatever our thoughts may be on the subject, we cannot escape the fact that Mike Ashley owns the club. He paid a mind-boggling amount of money for it and to demand that he (metaphorically) hand in the keys and walk is simply cloud cuckoo land. For as long as he is the owner we have to deal with him - we can't just pretend he isn't there. If we want Ashley out we should be looking at how we can help him sell up and encourage potential buyers about outr potential for positive benefit to them. If we look like a rent-a-mob bunch of whiners what do we expect? An invitation for lunch in the boardroom?

I would like to be able to know a bit more about what the NUSC is aiming for and what it intends to do, but that seems to be possible only if you go to the roadshows. Well, like many thousands of NUFC supporters I live a long way from Newcastle and I can't make the trip just for that. Hopefully over time the web site will address this - in the meantime I can try and read PP's posts on here.

I'm sure these things will develop in time and I will keep an eye on NUSC in the hope that I can be persauaded that it's something I want to join.

Nothing in the above should be taken as criticsm of the people running NUSC - I'm more impressed and grateful than I can say that some people have got off their arse and done something rather than just bitch on message boards, shame on the rest of us!

I have occasionally thought about joining NUSC, as I support the concept of an independent supporters' organisation with the ability to champion the fans' interests. For NUSC to gain the ability, it will need the credibility that can only come from mass membership.

Unfortunately however I have been put off joining NUSC because some of the positions taken by it have seemed to me to be pretty unrealistic.

Whatever our thoughts may be on the subject, we cannot escape the fact that Mike Ashley owns the club. He paid a mind-boggling amount of money for it and to demand that he (metaphorically) hand in the keys and walk is simply cloud cuckoo land. For as long as he is the owner we have to deal with him - we can't just pretend he isn't there. If we want Ashley out we should be looking at how we can help him sell up and encourage potential buyers about outr potential for positive benefit to them. If we look like a rent-a-mob bunch of whiners what do we expect? An invitation for lunch in the boardroom?

I would like to be able to know a bit more about what the NUSC is aiming for and what it intends to do, but that seems to be possible only if you go to the roadshows. Well, like many thousands of NUFC supporters I live a long way from Newcastle and I can't make the trip just for that. Hopefully over time the web site will address this - in the meantime I can try and read PP's posts on here.

I'm sure these things will develop in time and I will keep an eye on NUSC in the hope that I can be persauaded that it's something I want to join.

Nothing in the above should be taken as criticsm of the people running NUSC - I'm more impressed and grateful than I can say that some people have got off their arse and done something rather than just bitch on message boards, shame on the rest of us!

Thanks for that John,

there is a lot of info on the website about the Trust and how we see that going as well as other aims and aspirations. One thing though, we've never demanded that he walk away or anything like that, you, me and anyone with any sense at all knows thats not how it works. At times I think the SC is tainted by some peoples beliefs, still to this day we are charged with "boycoutt banners" and "Cockney mafia out", neither of which were anything to do with us, in fact the original protests led to us being formed not the other way round. We have been trying to get Ashley to deal with the fans and tell us all the truth about whats happening. Something that seems to be missed by a lot of people is the fact that at times we have actually worked with the club on certain things, the Al-Together Now campaign being the main one that springs to mind.

Anything specific thats not on the website then please feel free to ask specific questions either via email or alternatively on here where the replies can be seen by all.

As for living away from Newcastle, there is a possiblity that we will be looking to hold stuff before / after certain away games depending on the possible numbers, in particular these would be places where there is a local supporters club and we can do something with them. The likes of Ipswich, London and the Midlands spring to mind as they all have active SCs.

hear hear :jesuswept:

Thanks for that John,

there is a lot of info on the website about the Trust and how we see that going as well as other aims and aspirations. One thing though, we've never demanded that he walk away or anything like that, you, me and anyone with any sense at all knows thats not how it works. At times I think the SC is tainted by some peoples beliefs, still to this day we are charged with "boycoutt banners" and "Cockney mafia out", neither of which were anything to do with us, in fact the original protests led to us being formed not the other way round. We have been trying to get Ashley to deal with the fans and tell us all the truth about whats happening. Something that seems to be missed by a lot of people is the fact that at times we have actually worked with the club on certain things, the Al-Together Now campaign being the main one that springs to mind.

Anything specific thats not on the website then please feel free to ask specific questions either via email or alternatively on here where the replies can be seen by all.

As for living away from Newcastle, there is a possiblity that we will be looking to hold stuff before / after certain away games depending on the possible numbers, in particular these would be places where there is a local supporters club and we can do something with them. The likes of Ipswich, London and the Midlands spring to mind as they all have active SCs.

piss up at Jimbos :jesuswept:

PP,

Is the SC still making attempts to speak with LLabia and Ashley to get the story/truth or has that pretty much been abandoned?

We called again for them to just come out and tell the fans the truth about whats happening, we made it clear that we dont expect to be told the ins and outs of whos involved or what the amounts are etc. Just are there any buyers? how serious are they and what are the chances of it being sorted. No bullshit no lies to increase sales of tickets etc just the truth.

The rest, as they say is history.

For those still not sure of our aims heres an interview John Gibson did with our Trust guru Colin Whittle.

http://nusc.org.uk/full_article.php?articleid=21

There's been some good posts on here regarding the NUSC, Whilst it's true that things were never going to go hunky dory in a new supporters group born out of the shambles our club has become, it's fair to say there's been one or two who have been quick to put the fledgeling supporters club down. First things first, these people have got off their arses and attempted to do something regarding the shambles running NUFC, secondly, I'm hoping to see that the NUSC will endeavour to have a goal of getting supporter representation at boardroom level in the future. A supporters club with a 10% ownership should be consulted and this should be a long term aim of the NUSC. I've had a bit of bother with a couple of things on the NUSC website, then again, I'm no computer expert, (I know when to press 'return' at the right time) but hopefully the lads involved will sort these glitches as and when. If any fan hasn't signed up I'd ask why? Surely this is the best opportunity we'll ever have of actually doing something instead of twisting our clocks and sitting on our hands? If things aren't perfect, bring it up to the people involved, involve yourselves and help out, if you have an idea, e-mail them or go to a meeting.

I'm presuming pease pudding is 'well in' judging by the posts on here, I'm also a member and have had a few queries of my own, as long as this supporters club doesn't become a old pals club and is fully inclusive of all the membership then hopefully it'll grow and have some actual clout. Remember, 'you're only as stong as your members'.

There's been some good posts on here regarding the NUSC, Whilst it's true that things were never going to go hunky dory in a new supporters group born out of the shambles our club has become, it's fair to say there's been one or two who have been quick to put the fledgeling supporters club down. First things first, these people have got off their arses and attempted to do something regarding the shambles running NUFC, secondly, I'm hoping to see that the NUSC will endeavour to have a goal of getting supporter representation at boardroom level in the future. A supporters club with a 10% ownership should be consulted and this should be a long term aim of the NUSC. I've had a bit of bother with a couple of things on the NUSC website, then again, I'm no computer expert, (I know when to press 'return' at the right time) but hopefully the lads involved will sort these glitches as and when. If any fan hasn't signed up I'd ask why? Surely this is the best opportunity we'll ever have of actually doing something instead of twisting our clocks and sitting on our hands? If things aren't perfect, bring it up to the people involved, involve yourselves and help out, if you have an idea, e-mail them or go to a meeting.

I'm presuming pease pudding is 'well in' judging by the posts on here, I'm also a member and have had a few queries of my own, as long as this supporters club doesn't become a old pals club and is fully inclusive of all the membership then hopefully it'll grow and have some actual clout. Remember, 'you're only as stong as your members'.

Wise words and yes, Im a member of the interim committee and responsible for the website, so let me know what the issues are and I'll take a look. Whenever someone has come along with something Ive endeavoured to fix or change it.

Wise words and yes, Im a member of the interim committee and responsible for the website, so let me know what the issues are and I'll take a look. Whenever someone has come along with something Ive endeavoured to fix or change it.

I already have and it was resolved. :jesuswept:

P.S. Sorry for getting the name wrong.

Edited by Howmanheyman

How about asking Ashley when he's going to start running NUFC if he doesn't get a sale? When will we buy anyone? When is he going to appoint Shearer? (After all, according to them, the only reason they haven't appointed him is that it would be 'unfair' to a new owner, no new owner = Shearer can be appointed. I'd love to see the excuse they would give for not giving him the job).

How about asking Ashley when he's going to start running NUFC if he doesn't get a sale? When will we buy anyone? When is he going to appoint Shearer? (After all, according to them, the only reason they haven't appointed him is that it would be 'unfair' to a new owner, no new owner = Shearer can be appointed. I'd love to see the excuse they would give for not giving him the job).

Its got to be said, Id be up for all out "get out here and give us your reasons" ultimatum.

Would be funny to see Llardarse try and make out it was down to Shearers unreasonable demands such as wanting to buy a player and such like.

You coming to the meeting Thursday?

A bit more trivial than other suggestions but for people that can't attend the roadshows, would you be able to post a live audio stream on the website? And make it available to download after the fact? I think that's a good way for those who, either had prior engagements or live outside of Newcastle to get a taste of the debate and issues that arise.

If this already happens then, disregard.

Its got to be said, Id be up for all out "get out here and give us your reasons" ultimatum.

Would be funny to see Llardarse try and make out it was down to Shearers unreasonable demands such as wanting to buy a player and such like.

You coming to the meeting Thursday?

Yes.

(Saying that, I haven't a clue where my card is, I don't know if I need it or can give my details as it's a 'members only' meeting?)

Edited by Howmanheyman

Apparently there was nearly a fight at tonights meeting...handbags and posturing really, but tempers were frayed by the different views being held by the comittee and many members present about protesting against Ashley..the comittee favour a "say nowt" approach,with a view to their long term goal of a seat on the board and a lot of the members want some real action against Ashley.

I got this second hand so am willing to be corrected by anyone who was actually there.

Whatever happened it looks like Ashleys got us all squabbling among ourselves due to the fuckin abysmal running of the football club. My mate says NUSC/T looks to him to be pretty much dead in the water tonight.

No, not quite, amigo.

I think tonights meeting was beneficial, the committee heard some very legitimate opinions and I don't think there was many crackpot ideas amongst these, there was no raving lunatics but there was constructive ideas and some minor criticism which I admit I felt for the lads and was a bit unfair. We need to aim for the future but should not take our eye off the here and now. That to me is very valid.

Would be interested to hear/see a full transcript of what went down. Was it intended as an arena to raise issues, to suggest ideas/solutions/actions, or both?

The "committee" say to "say nowt" ? FUCK THE FUCKIN COMMITTEE FUCK EM ALL , WE BURY THOSE COCKAROACHES ! FUCK Mark Jensen and his fuckin MAG too with their "get behind the lads bullshit " ....aint gonna be any lads left at this rate you FUCKIN MUPPETS! GET TO FUCK THE LOT OF YOU , AND PISS OFF OUT OF MY SIGHT ...... WE GOIN TO WAR , WE GONNA EAT THAT ASHLEY FO BREAKFAST .....