Hull City 1-1 Newcastle United

dbsweeney

I know this is an early start to the match thread ...

I'm treating this game as the litmus test to whether we'll stay up or not. If we lose this one, then I don't think we're capable of staying up.

If we do, the boys would get a great boost in the run up to the two difficult home games.

Either way, I can't remember being so anxious about a game all season long.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the parlance across the pond goes, this is "win or go home." We could easily win this game and still be relegated. But if we lose, we go down. And I desperately hope the Two Stooges and Kinnear calling from hospital will be doing their best to impress this upon the players. The players must know that the fate of NUFC lies in this game (and all those to follow, but most importantly, this one.)

This is make or break time, a 6 pointer if ever there were one. If we win we only move up one place but we would then be a point behind Hull and Stoke who we play shortly.

It is a goliath challenge but one i think we can stand up to and win, but it has to start on sunday, 3 points away will set us up nicely for two battling home performances against Arsenal and Chelsea and another 3 points away to Stoke.

Its not beyond us at all but sunday really is the test, if we lose then we will go down, if we win we stand a fighting chance, if we draw i think we could still stay up but we really need to be beating the teams around us....and we owe them a fucking tonking!

2-1...Martins and Owen

:baby:

The importance of this game scares me, traditionally we don't do well in must win games, the pressure on the fans and players alike will be incredible.

I find it excruciating listening to this sort of match on the radio. I think I'll just keep getting updates. I also think we're down like.

Knowing some of the people who are going, and their past record at away matches, we're fucked.

The players and the coaching team?

Knowing some of the people who are going, and their past record at away matches, we're fucked.

Gullit, Roeder, Souness and Allardyce are going for good measure.

:D

alreetlike, tbh. :)

I'm feeling decidedly nervous like. Even if we lose, we have a chance if we can pick up points on our remaining winnable home fixtures, at least that's what I'm telling myself in order to control my nerves. Trouble is can anyone see this happening? I suppose it is the crunch match.

:D

alreetlike, tbh. :)

I only came into this thread to post that. :)

My away record is gash.

I dont think you are going down even if you lose this.

Cheers mate, means a lot :baby:

So it should do. I am yet to be wrong.....about anything.

I find myself feeling almost apathetic now. I shouldn't feel this way - I should be nervous as hell. I know that my emotions will go into overdrive once the game has finished, but I just can't get myself worked up about it at all atm.

Maybe I'm turning plastic?