Official Jimbo's TV Confirmation: Alan Shearer: Manager of Newcastle United

Jimbo

Listen, I agree all that matters at the mo is staying up. But he refused to totally rule it out so we know...

IF WE STAY UP

He wants it, but naturally at this stage they cant agree anything in writing and he knows they are a bunch of slippery bastards, so knows everything would need to be in a contract.

That's the doubt I was on about dickhead :razz:

And anyone who thinks Ashley woke up on Sunday morning in a Scrooge like state after being visited by the ghosts of Toon past, present and future wants their heads examining.

That's just put an image in my head which has made me laugh. Be fookin brilliant if that happened like :lol:

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, I agree all that matters at the mo is staying up. But he refused to totally rule it out so we know...

IF WE STAY UP

He wants it, but naturally at this stage they cant agree anything in writing and he knows they are a bunch of slippery bastards, so knows everything would need to be in a contract.

That's the doubt I was on about dickhead :razz:

And anyone who thinks Ashley woke up on Sunday morning in a Scrooge like state after being visited by the ghosts of Toon past, present and future wants their heads examining.

That's just put an image in my head which has made me laugh. Be fookin brilliant if that happened like :lol:

Keegan, Kinnear & Shearer as the ghosts?

There seems to be a bit of pant weeing at the thought of Shearer staying on next season. Crikey, he could be the shittest manager we've ever had!!

Let's just see what happens in the next eight games. Listening to his press conference, I have to say that the excitement was absent. For me. I just hope he's a bit better with the players (I'm guessing he must be).

Have you never seen an Alan Shearer interview before? Excitement isn't really his thing, it's more stoneyfaced determination and professionalism (not swearing, getting peoples name wrong, coughing repeatedly, throwing your assistant in the firing line - that kind of stuff)

I think and hope he will be an excellent manager for NUFC for a good many years.

Kinnear 'will resume Magpies job'

Kinnear is recovering from a triple heart bypass but will return in summer.

Newcastle United expect Joe Kinnear to return as manager this summer, when he has fully recovered from heart surgery.

Managing director Derek Llambias revealed that the former Wimbledon boss will take over from interim manager Alan Shearer once the season is over.

"Both Joe and the club have decided it is sensible that Joe does not return to management this season," said Llambias.

"He needs to concentrate on making a full recovery before his return in the summer as our manager."

Kinnear had a triple heart bypass in February and had initially been expected to return in April.

Joe Kinnear - Hope he recovers fully but we didn't want him as manager in the first place and we don't want him back as manager

With his return delayed the club have turned to former Newcastle and England striker Shearer.

He has been appointed until the end of May and insists he will only be in charge at the relegation-threatened club for eight games.

"Joe is recovering at home. What part Joe has to play for next season or the season after that, you will have to speak to the necessary people (about). I have nothing to do with that," Shearer said.

if you had to say.. do you think Shearer will be our manager next season ?

Actually in a weird way I think there's more chance of him staying if we do go down.

But as in the press conference right now it's so unimportant. Shearer handled it well, think he genuinely doesn't know right now as well as doesn't really want to think about it. Cross that bridge when we get to it and all that.

There had to be something that would bring us down, I just hope Alan sees sense and stays on as manager because at the moment he's the only thing keeping us up.

There had to be something that would bring us down, I just hope Alan sees sense and stays on as manager because at the moment he's the only thing keeping us up.

Thats the bit I dont understand from everyone though, this isnt something theyve just announced. From the first breaking of the story it was always that "8 games and 8 games only".

If theres a change of plan then great but until then Im working as I have from the start of this that Alan is here to do a firefighting job and then walk away, not necessarily because thats what he wants to do but because thats what they want.

Thats the bit I dont understand from everyone though, this isnt something theyve just announced. From the first breaking of the story it was always that "8 games and 8 games only".

If theres a change of plan then great but until then Im working as I have from the start of this that Alan is here to do a firefighting job and then walk away, not necessarily because thats what he wants to do but because thats what they want.

Just watched the conference, it's nice to see he's not elaborated on the position and that it suggests to me that it's going to be down to Ashley at the end of it all as to whether Big Al stays on. Fingers crossed we stay up and Al stays :lol:

Fucking hell man, pointless hiring Shearer if that is the case then because with that geriatric cunt back in charge we'll be straight down. If we stay up and Shearer wants to stay there's surely no way they'd get Kinnear back.

Fucking hell man, pointless hiring Shearer if that is the case then because with that geriatric cunt back in charge we'll be straight down. If we stay up and Shearer wants to stay there's surely no way they'd get Kinnear back.

If Shearer keeps us up and Kinnear comes back, it will be a sick joke. Right now though I'm afraid that is exactly what Ashley has in mind.

Edited by Bombadil