Stevie says...

smoggeordie

This whole saga's been a bit saddening tbh, I'm quite disappointed with this board of late and it's policies - a shame because I've felt quite at home here for a long time.

Divulge - I'm quite interested to hear this in detail.

Don't get me wrong, I've only posted on here or N-O but this forum is a hundred times better than N-O. I just don't understand why someone like Danny B can post absolute rubbish with the sole intent of winding people up and allowed to continue while a stalwart poster like Stevie gets the boot. I'm an out-of-towner so no doubt Stevie would have a craic at me given the opportunity but at least his banter is good and he generally knows what he's talking about where football's concerned. (I'm at work so I'm limited to the length of this response).

And for the record I disagree with the non-use of certain profanities, if it's in the dictionary it's fair game :o

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie just told me he's posted 6 times and the admin moderating his posts and not posting them, he said he hopes Jimbo is proud of himself, making a name for himself like the ref who sent Kevin Moran off in the 1985 FA Cup Final.

HA HA

He said something else as well which is why I haven't approved it.

He plays nicely, his posts will be approved and perhaps moderation will be dropped. At the moment, not a chance!

Post moderation? It's a bit N-Oish isn't it?

Let him post what he wants, he knows the rules. If he breaks them then ban him again, it'll be his own fault.

No it's a bit Toontastic-ish actually :o The difference is we can see what he's trying to post and for the time being moderation is obviously the correct decision.

Banning (permanently) will be the next stage - but it's our decision, not yours.

I was only making a fucking point, no need to come across like a dickhead.

Making a point or telling us what we should do?

Wouldn't change the way this place is 'modded' for a second tbh. Anyone who 'knows their history' (ie has posted here for minimum 4 years) will no precisely why.

Stevie, this is brassneck with an extra coat of brasso tbh. You routinely insist that the mods on here 'ban' posters for no other reason than they rub you up the wrong way-and all that after you only used this place for the first year or so for your anti N-O admin banning rants.

It's that self importance (be it personal, NUFC based, or whatever) that allows the likes of Danny B to get such an easy rise out of you. It's no coincidence that in the week you've been banned the guy has had the most calamitous seven days of foruming in his life. This realisation will hopefully make your banning feel even worse.

This place is the way it is for good reason. If you can live with that then sound, cos there are facets to your posting which make the place better for your participation, but if you can't accept it then you should make good on your promises to leave tbh.

Couldn't give a fuck about the people wetting their pants on either side of this debate, but I just had to bump this:

Because you won't be able to find anything incriminating? Wacky, good lad though he seems, has crossed the border so far loads of times he's not just in another country, but actually in another timezone, but he's alright cos he's one of the Trent Posse, but ah no fuck Stevie. Well you've won, unless I get an apology which won't happen.

:o

This whole saga's been a bit saddening tbh, I'm quite disappointed with this board of late and it's policies - a shame because I've felt quite at home here for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I've only posted on here or N-O but this forum is a hundred times better than N-O. I just don't understand why someone like Danny B can post absolute rubbish with the sole intent of winding people up and allowed to continue while a stalwart poster like Stevie gets the boot. I'm an out-of-towner so no doubt Stevie would have a craic at me given the opportunity but at least his banter is good and he generally knows what he's talking about where football's concerned. (I'm at work so I'm limited to the length of this response).

And for the record I disagree with the non-use of certain profanities, if it's in the dictionary it's fair game :o

If we banned people for winding others up, there'd be no-one left.

Where football's concerned, Stevie does know a hell of what he's talking about but his attitude to some others on here has been drawn into question in the past and he's been asked (informally) to tone it down on more than one occassion.

As for profanities, it's judged as it's always been from day one. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's fair game. Paedophilia is on the internet, doesn't mean we'll accept it being posted here.

Stevie just told me he's posted 6 times and the admin moderating his posts and not posting them, he said he hopes Jimbo is proud of himself, making a name for himself like the ref who sent Kevin Moran off in the 1985 FA Cup Final.

HA HA

He plays nicely, his posts will be approved and perhaps moderation will be dropped. At the moment, not a chance!

Let him post what he wants, he knows the rules. If he breaks them then ban him again, it'll be his own fault.

No it's a bit Toontastic-ish actually :o The difference is we can see what he's trying to post and for the time being moderation is obviously the correct decision.

Banning (permanently) will be the next stage - but it's our decision, not yours.

Craig, assistant manager at Dixons stamps his authority on the situation:

photo-3.jpg

"are you trying to tell me how to do my job"

To be fair, it's not like bans are dished out for posting rubbish are they? The rules are quite simple and as yet, DannyB hasn't broken them as far as I can see. If we had a rule for banning irritating posters then fair enough :o but then again, we can all be guilty of that at some point or another. Granted, DannyB has a 1st Class Hons Degree in it like :o

You have to draw the line somewhere and draw the line we have. People aren't banned on a whim, or just because one of use doesn't like them. It's a considered, democratic process by ALL the mods.

In an ideal world, a lot of this wouldn't need saying as 'common sense' should dictate what is acceptable behaviour towards other people and mods wouldn't be required; but we aren't in an idea world are we?

FWIW, let me be clear here. No-ones on a power trip. No-one likes having to ban people, or suspend them, or issue warnings etc as frankly its a hassle. We all have jobs to do and more important things to consider than 'Who can we ban today mwahahaha!"

We aren't kids man. Life's full of WUM's some more obsessed than others :o but to ban people for just that would make places like these far too sanitised. It's football and supporters always wind each other up, but it's not difficult to do so and keep the right side of the line. A line which is pretty wide in our case.

HA HA

photo-3.jpg

:o :o

photo-3.jpg

Any chance of a discount for members?

More than his job's worth. :o

photo-3.jpg

It's Comet actually :o

photo-3.jpg

It's Comet actually :o

Sod the discount :o

HA HA

I was pointing out an alternative. He's a big boy, if he doesn't want to play by the rules then he knows what will happen.

I wasn't questioning your authority sir.

Tell me he doesn't really work at Comet? (not that theres anything wrong woth that, he just looks like he should)

No I don't you cheeky fucker :o

Thank you feeling the need to start on me though Danny.... :o

Tell me he doesn't really work at Comet? (not that theres anything wrong woth that, he just looks like he should)

No I don't you cheeky fucker :o

Thank you feeling the need to start on me though Danny.... :o

You did sound like you were telling off the Saturday boy to be fair.

"Do as your told and you'll be on lcd TVs by Christmas"

:o Oh Steven, oh how you amuse me.

I know a fella whos a police man and he tells me that in 90% of town centre assaults, there is the victim, the perpetrator, and some bloke stirring the pot.

He always does his best to make sure the guy stirring it up hits his head on the way in for questioning.

Guess who you are in this scenario.

:o Oh Steven, oh how you amuse me.

I know a fella whos a police man and he tells me that in 90% of town centre assaults, there is the victim, the perpetrator, and some bloke stirring the pot.

He always does his best to make sure the guy stirring it up hits his head on the way in for questioning.

Guess who you are in this scenario.

Is he the kid laughing at you for making stuff up?

Hmmm, I'm in the 'Reinstate Stevie, No Holds Barred' camp, although I haven't a clue what he's done wrong.

What concerns me, though, is this business to 'see' poster's posts ( :o ) before they're posted. Am I right (if I am, there's some fucker reading this brilliant post before the rest of the troops on here get to see it!)? If I am, I am a bit shocked tbh. I have written loads of shite over the years and pulled out at the last minute, as it were (oo-er matron), so I'm a tad concerned that the shite I have written yet not posted has been read. Is this correct?????

Yours, concerned.