Joey Barton

smoggeordie

If it had been Nolan or Smith i wouldn't have been that bothered but considering the lad had been out for god knows how long he looked quick and inventive - managed to do more in the first 20 minutes than nolan has done in five games - he's a liability tho and whilst any other player might have got away with it the ref was fuckin itchin to send him off and ultimately he gave him the perfect excuse-no excuse for the ref to look so pleased with himself tho - and alonso wants to hang his head an all - he milked it - and those setanta commentators - jesus wept - i could name particular instances where it was arse clenchingly cliched and at times downright disrespectful

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's an arsehole, you're always risking a red putting tackles in like that. He's put himself out for the sake of a bit of petty score-settling with Alonso, and given his track record and our predicament it's totally unforgivable.

He's an arsehole, you're always risking a red putting tackles in like that. He's put himself out for the sake of a bit of petty score-settling with Alonso, and given his track record and our predicament it's totally unforgivable.

Don't get me wrong I totally agree and wish he could see the bigger picture of the winnable games coming up and maybe counting to ten before committing himself to a tackle like that - alas poor joseph seems unable to get past the count of three

Guest alex
The best you can say about him is he's as thick as mince. He's effectively banned himself when we need him most and for what? Not the sort of player we'd want to keep, championship or no. Sell him to Blackburn I say !

I think he's hot-headed rather than thick. Not that that makes it any better.

Looked like a red card to me. Two footed lunge which seemed to go over the ball and to the man.

Barton is a cunt. The one chance we had for something from midfield and the fucking idot does that. I expected to get beat yesterday and feared a worse result goal difference wise but losing our one half decent midfielder for the rest of the season was a massive blow.

Better he was sent off during the game nobody expected anything from, than during a game we could conceivably get something. If he had been sent off during one of the last three games the damage would have been incalculable.

Stupid twat.

I do agree with people that other players may have got a yellow, and certainly Gerrard would have got that at most, but it was stupid enough and reckless enough that i've no issue with a red.

What annoys me most is that as Norbert said, in the time he was on the pitch he did more than Nolan has managed since we signed him, in those final 3 games Barton would have made a big impact, but because he's such a fucking tit we'll be without him once again.

Since there's no Barton anymore i hope Guthrie gets a game, at least unlike the rest of our midfielders you do get the feeling he can actually play football from time to time and he can take corners!

Guest alex
Really pissed off at him, but would it not have made sense to appeal the decision. Would that not make him available for the next game?

Not sure how it works exactly but I'd guess there's some process whereby spurious appeals against red cards are dismissed out of hand.

Don't some appeals result in longer bans if they are deemed to be taking the piss?

Yeah "Frivolous appeal". There was one this season, can't remember who it was.

Really pissed off at him, but would it not have made sense to appeal the decision. Would that not make him available for the next game?

Don't some appeals result in longer bans if they are deemed to be taking the piss?

That could have been worth a shout to be fair.

The Sun:

ALAN SHEARER had a massive dressing-room bust-up with Joey Barton after Newcastle’s 3-0 defeat at Liverpool.

Shearer was steaming at the bad-boy midfielder for getting sent off for an ugly late lunge at Reds rival Xabi Alonso.

But as the Toon boss tore into the £5.8m player, telling him he had let himself and the club down, Barton replied: “You’re a shit manager with shit tactics.”

The pair went head to head and had to be pulled apart just as they were about to come to blows.

A Newcastle insider said: “It was unbelievable. They were like two stags.

“Shearer told Barton he had made a mistake putting him back in the team, that he thought Barton was good enough to do it but he had shown he wasn’t.

“Joey shouted at Alan that he was the best player at the club, which was why he had to play him.

“Alan said he wasn’t, called him shit and Joey replied that he was a shit manager with shit tactics.

“At that point, it looked like they were going to have a full-scale brawl and had to be dragged apart.

“Shearer was really angry, not just because of the stupid red card but because it means Barton will be missing for the last three Premier League games when Newcastle need everyone available.

“Alan gave Joey the big build-up during the week, saying what an important player he could be in Newcastle’s fight against relegation, and then he does that.

“You wonder what goes on in Joey’s head.”

Shearer has vowed to fine Barton two weeks’ wages of around £120,000 and has washed his hands of the midfield hot-head.

After the game Shearer said: “Barton wasn’t unlucky to be sent off, it was the right decision.

“We will be without him for the rest of the season and I’m not happy at all.

“He has let me down, definitely, and the same goes for the whole club and himself. From a disciplinary point of view, I will do whatever I can.”

;) that's the end of Barton at us if that's true then, we are a fucking joke tbh. Barton has totally shot himself in the foot though :D where's he go after us?

;) that's the end of Barton at us if that's true then, we are a fucking joke tbh. Barton has totally shot himself in the foot though :D where's he go after us?

Maybe Fat Sam will have him at the Rovers!

“Alan said he wasn’t, called him shit and Joey replied that he was a shit manager with shit tactics.

Pretty hard to argue against that at this minute in time tbh

Bit harsh I'd say given what Shearer was handed over and who we have had to play. I know he knew what he was getting into, but that doesnt justify that statement imo.

If we go down without winning another game then it would be criminal to blame Shearer. Similarly as it is criminal to blame someone like Hughton, another guy handed the baton and expected to perform miracles without dogshit.

Barton is a wanker, shame Shearer didn't deck him.

You're fucking kidding. :D

I was sat in the Main Stand just above where our fans were and it was absolutely clear cut even from where I was that he should have been sent off. What the TV didn't show was how far and with what determination he ran towards Alonso.

He'd been having a spat with him all game - was pretty obvious to me that something like this was going to happen.

Sad thing was, up until that point he was probably our best player.

I was sat in the Main Stand just above where our fans were and it was absolutely clear cut even from where I was that he should have been sent off. What the TV didn't show was how far and with what determination he ran towards Alonso.

He'd been having a spat with him all game - was pretty obvious to me that something like this was going to happen.

I don't see how that's a reason to send somebody off. Then again I suppose it is if you're Joey Barton.

I don't see how that's a reason to send somebody off. Then again I suppose it is if you're Joey Barton.

His aim was never for the ball - it was a fucking awful tackle and IMO, totally indefensible.

His aim was never for the ball - it was a fucking awful tackle and IMO, totally indefensible.

He quite clearly got the ball though.