Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Went to the cinema last night to watch the National Theatre Live version of Hamlet that Benedict Cumberbatch was in a couple of years ago. I was Absolutely blown away by it.

2 hours ago, Tooj said:

Went to the cinema last night to watch the National Theatre Live version of Hamlet that Benedict Cumberbatch was in a couple of years ago. I was Absolutely blown away by it.

:lol::lol:

My monocle fell out of my eye reading this. 

• Like 1

i went to see Labour of Love last night. Excellent political play about the Labour Party's recent history and it's longer history of internal division, starring martin freeman and tamsin greig

Edited by Dr Gloom

11 hours ago, Tooj said:

You still hitting the tramadol, tooj?

13 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Anyone watching Louis Theroux? 

"What should I call you? Petty? Or Betty?" :lol:

"I've let a guy suck my dick so I could get high"

"You ever sucked a dick to get drugs?"

"No"

"So you do have limits?"

:lol:

Was pretty bleak mind, 1 in 10 babies born in Huntingdon are addicted to opiates. 

Interesting that much of it was somehow linked to the demise of the heavy industry in that town, wonder if there's a similar consequence in British regions where heavy industry has died.

The Theroux doc wasn't as good as his alcoholic's one (or the Vegas, South Africa or white supremacist classics) but it was still good.  I watched an episode of an Anthony Bourdain series a few weeks ago about some little town near Boston that has the same problem with lots of people addicted to heroin on the back of oxicontin perscriptions for injuries.  It was suggesting that it's now a bigger problem in America than inner city drug addicts.

I watched the first episode of Snowfall too that was on after Theroux.  Looks quite promising.

15 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Be like Larry is basically my life motto 

Yet the natural enemy of those hoverboards you like is a Curb...

Only watched the first episode so far. I thought it was fairly well done, although some of the acting is a bit off. Or maybe it's the writing, I'm never quite able to determine between the two considerations, which one makes dialogue look forced and unnatural.

42 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Still broadly undecided on the new Star Trek. It looks beautiful but some of it really drags, plus they've blatantly nicked their swizzy new technobabble drive system from Douglas Adams.

I'm still not clear on the timeline. Is it pre Patrick Stewart? Post Kirk? 

Some of the in-universe technology looks more advanced than The Next Generation, but they've only just met Klingons? 

I'm enjoying it so far though.