Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Just got the last one to go and aye it definitely gets dark.  Really enjoyed it though.

This isn't a spoiler, just about my feelings, but I don't want to put you in any state of mind for watching it, please only read after...

It gets worse  :(

By which I mean darker.

Never felt a gut punch as strong as in the penultimate scene. CK's a legend.

This isn't a spoiler, just about my feelings, but I don't want to put you in any state of mind for watching it, please only read after...

It gets worse :(

By which I mean darker.

Never felt a gut punch as strong as in the penultimate scene. CK's a legend.

Definitely one of the most emotional scenes I've ever seen in anything on the big or small screen.

Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Buscemi and Alder in particular were both superb throughout. I've never seen CK in anything other than Parks & Recreation and American Hustle but I'll have the check out some more.

I ended up binge'ing all of The Living and The Dead this morning after intending to only watch one episode.  Thought it was very enjoyable apart from a couple of clumsy bits of exposition.

Don't think it's been mentioned before.

Colbert, Jon Stewart*, Jon Oliver must be rubbing their hands at the material they're going to get from Trump.

*I'm assuming he'll still be an exec producer or something on the Daily Show.

Is it not going to be a bit too easy for them though :lol: Trump is being parodied and made fun of by everyone - I'm not sure he needs any satirising!

The trailer is good though :D

Edited by Rayvin

Is it not going to be a bit too easy for them though :lol: Trump is being parodied and made fun of by everyone - I'm not sure he needs any satirising!

The trailer is good though :D

True enough, but they're world class satirists so I'd expect them to go beyond mocking his speech patterns, comb over and tiny hands and looking at the policies that are pushed through etc.

I just don't find John Oliver funny at all. Don't disgaree with the sentiment but he bores the tits off me

Edited by Alex

I just don't find John Oliver funny at all. Don't disgaree with the sentiment but he bores the tits off me

I started off loving This Week Tonight but some of his shtick wears thin pretty fast. By the middle of the last season I was only watching sporadically.

I'll still watch it if I remember this time around, but he's way better on The Bugle than he is on this thing. Podcasting don't pay the bills though. Just ask Andy Zaltzman.

Another good episode of Taboo, Stephen Graham has come onto it now and he's always good money to be an absolute head case on shows.

I'm really enjoying it so far like. Love any sort of gritty Victorian drama.

Hopefully Oona Chapman gets her tremendous arse out when the inevitable incest scene happens.

Hopefully Oona Chapman gets her tremendous arse out when the inevitable incest scene happens.

:lol: Aye I'm hoping for that in all, I had a feeling that's what they kept referring to in their past but don't know anyone else that watches the show. I really liked the ending to the episode as it was a better look at his nature that you've only really heard rumours of to that point.

You'd probably like The Witness for the Prosecution that was on over Xmas. As DK was saying it's not quite as good as And Then There Were None (also Agatha Christie and adapted by the same team I believe) but it's really good and atmospheric, albeit in Edwardian as opposed to Victorian London.

You'd probably like The Witness for the Prosecution that was on over Xmas. As DK was saying it's not quite as good as And Then There Were None (also Agatha Christie and adapted by the same team I believe) but it's really good and atmospheric, albeit in Edwardian as opposed to Victorian London.

Was going to watch this as I like watching Victorian era shows but if it's set in Edwardian times it can fuck right off.

Was going to watch this as I like watching Victorian era shows but if it's set in Edwardian times it can fuck right off.

:lol: He's very particular is wor Tooj, don't you know?

Minimalism on Netflix. In the same vein as frugal living and gives plenty of food for thought

I've got boxes and boxes of CDs and Blu Rays that sit untouched cos literally all the media I consume these days is digital. Same with all the clothes I never wear

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard