Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Colin from Accounts is canny on iPlayer. I caught a bit of one episode and I’ve ended up watching 5 of the 8 now. The trailers on the beeb for it make it look a bit shit tbh so I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

Having waited for all the episodes to release, and avoided all spoilers, me and Fist.Jnr are starting The Mandalorian season 3 tonight. 

Have to say, I’ve loved it so far, so I’m looking forward to it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

CT are you watching Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies yet?

I can't think of a better way for you to get over today's result.

He’ll be too busy trying to keep his head above “water”

Started watching Storyville: Blue Bag Life on BBC4 last night (available on iPlayer) and ended up watching the whole thing. It’s about Lisa Selby and (mainly) the relationship with her mother. The latter, who struggled with drug dependency, abandoned her as a 10 month old baby. It’s mostly shot on her mobile phone and is inevitably grim in parts, as it tackles the death of Helen (the mother). It manages to avoid cliche and there’s humour there too. Helen, even sat drinking special brew in her grotty basement flat, is charismatic and funny, like an opiate-addicted Beryl Reid. Lisa battled addiction herself but seems to have come out the other side relatively unscathed with a career as an artist/photographer/ lecturer in fine art. 
️ Well worth watching (c) The Evening Chronicle

The doc on the BBC / iPlayer made for the 40th anniversary of Aberdeen winning the Cup Winner’s Cup in ‘83 is class. Especially if you’re old enough to remember it. Some class little snippets of Scottish incidental music for the trainspotters like me too, from the more obscure like Boards of Canada to the more well known stuff by Primal Scream and Big Country etc. Great bit of nostalgia. Eric Black is still dreamy too 

Just finished the Rings of Power. As much as a geek as I am, the Silmarillion was too much for me and I couldn't get into it. So I don't know if tRoP is accurate to source material but I enjoyed it a lot more than its poor IMDB ratings suggest. Looking forward to S2.

Started watching Silo on Apple. Episode 1 was great. Love good Sci fi like this.