Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

On 26/09/2023 at 23:52, Christmas Tree said:

Just finished all 3 seasons of Mr Inbetween.

Sorry like, but one of the best shows I’ve watched in a long time. Get it watched.

It's a cracker.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I'm always shocked at how few people have watched Archer. It's fucking hilarious. Definitely worth a watch IMO.

I got a bit bored with the later seasons but it’s quality. I like H Jon Benjamin in Bob’s Burgers too. Did you ever see him Dr Katz? That was funny 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I got a bit bored with the later seasons but it’s quality. I like H Jon Benjamin in Bob’s Burgers too. Did you ever see him Dr Katz? That was funny 

Aye the creator (Adam Reed?) left in the last few seasons so it seemed to drift. It's still got got probably the most individual moments of any series that make me laugh out loud every single time I see them.

"Ma, they done killed old Lando" and "ima plant a red furn for ya jug" are particular highlights.

I could never get into Bob's Burgers, I think I was spent with odd family comedies after Simpsons and Family Guy both fell off a cliff edge, around the same time.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2023 at 14:08, Dazzler said:

Aye the creator (Adam Reed?) left in the last few seasons so it seemed to drift. It's still got got probably the most individual moments of any series that make me laugh out loud every single time I see them.

"Ma, they done killed old Lando" and "ima plant a red furn for ya jug" are particular highlights.

I could never get into Bob's Burgers, I think I was spent with odd family comedies after Simpsons and Family Guy both fell off a cliff edge, around the same time.

On 05/10/2023 at 11:54, Alex said:

Freaking international break.....

I enjoyed Bob's burgers more than Simpsons etc, its' got far less outlandish stuff in it I think. H Jon Benjamin is class :lol: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

@wykikitoon

Have you and your mates held your watch party for the new Savile drama yet?

Trying to convince my lass we should watch it, but in hindsight I think doing a Jimmy Savile impersonation throughout the conversation might have been a mistake.

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Now then now then" was exactly how I opened the negotiations with my lass.

You know, people have a habit of sometimes reading the last post on a thread first, meaning it lacks wider context. And you wonder why you're getting this reputation. :whistle:

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

@wykikitoon

Have you and your mates held your watch party for the new Savile drama yet?

Trying to convince my lass we should watch it, but in hindsight I think doing a Jimmy Savile impersonation throughout the conversation might have been a mistake.

Wor kid has.  Apparently our house is on it from when we were kids (exterior shot along a street before you get all 'funny fucker').  I wont be watching it.  Too fucking sick for me.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Have you watched The Long Shadow? It's on itvx. All about the Yorkshire Ripper.

It must be Yorkshire Wrong'Un Awareness Month.

No but I wouldn't mind watching that

An engineer I would with was from Hetten-Le-Hole and got pulled over 3 times when driving home from work.  He was questioned too.  All because of that hoaxer :lol: Well, so he says :lol: 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

No but I wouldn't mind watching that

An engineer I would with was from Hetten-Le-Hole and got pulled over 3 times when driving home from work.  He was questioned too.  All because of that hoaxer :lol: Well, so he says :lol: 

My mam’s 2nd husband, who had more than a passing resemblance to Sutcliffe, was interviewed at least twice by CID at our house. 

I remember being fucking gutted when it turned out not to be him. :lol:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

My mam’s 2nd husband, who had more than a passing resemblance to Sutcliffe, was interviewed at least twice by CID at our house. 

I remember being fucking gutted when it turned out not to be him. :lol:

Must have given you a start in chosen career, though. 🙂 

• Haha 1