Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

For his part, Tobias wants to make a new start. In fact, he orders specialized license plates announcing his new start. Except that the guy who once thought he could find success by combining being a therapist and an analyst, and advertised his trade as "Analrapist," comes up with a similar new word for his license plate, "Anustart."

http://www.sfgate.com/tv/article/Arrested-Development-review-even-better-4549548.php#ixzz2UfJarEMr

:lol:

Is Treme any good? Started it once and didn't get past the first couple of episodes.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/27348-treme/

I watched the first series and it never really gripped me. It was always quality, but I left months between episodes at one point. When I did come back to it though, I thought the finale was devastating.

I've had series 2 on my box for years, but want to re-watch series 1 with the Mrs first. That will never happen as long as frigging Hollyoaks and Bones are on though.

It's such a massive sea change that it's hard to adjust. 4 or 5 episodes in though, you begin to realise the ambition and the fact they pull it off is amazing

Yeah, I've adjusted a bit to it. There's less laughs, they seem to be playing a much longer game with them though, paying off a set-up 2 episodes later. Only half way through. I think re-watching will be kind to it.

i'm waiting to get a pack of every episode to download, lad in work was saying portia de rossi is shocking looking now she's had so much botox etc

I actually thought that they'd replaced her with a different actress during the opening scenes of her episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Aye it's excellent stuff.

TRS, I'm genuinely not sure what you're getting at, but there was a 'Making of..' Episode this week which covered how they got family/patient consents and the logistics of getting all the camera coverage etc.

I read it the same way as you Gemmill.

First time I've watched it last night, its obviously the editing that makes it so good because they capture the depth of emotion that is created by the life and death situatiosn in A&E. I was also really touched by the old African guy's story.

One of our mates was on 24hrs in A&E, some time last year. She was the one from Yarm, who played the game where you're to think of words beginning with a certain letter. That's the game. To think of words...

Yup, blonde.

I read it the same way as you Gemmill.

First time I've watched it last night, its obviously the editing that makes it so good because they capture the depth of emotion that is created by the life and death situatiosn in A&E. I was also really touched by the old African guy's story.

Aye the editors do a really good job of putting together the talking heads pieces with the actual footage. I felt terrible for that old fella. :(

There's a few episodes from this current series on 4oD.