Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

Video_Viewing_Devices_Teens_US.png

Do you need a TV licence?

If you ONLY watch catch-up and on-demand TV, never live broadcasts, you're not required to pay £146/yr fee

TV licence laws haven't kept up with viewing habits, so some pay when not required.

It's all about if you watch 'live TV'. Watch shows as they're broadcast, whether via the TV, internet or owt else, you MUST have a licence or you risk a £1,000 fine.

It isn't about whether you watch the BBC or not. While most of the cash goes to the BBC, the licence is for watching any TV channels 'live' - even if you only watch Sky channels.

Only watch catch-up TV? No licence needed. If you ONLY watch via catch-up services such as BBC iPlayer (but not 'live') and/or subscription services such as Netflix, as they don't simultaneously appear on a TV channel you don't need a licence - even if watching on a TV screen.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/latesttip/#tv

I prefer to contribute to the excellent BBC service, but might be of interest to scum sucking bastards on here.

Can't get my head around people complaining about paying the tv license. £146 a yr is only 40p a day. I'd pay that for 6 Music alone.

I don't watch a lot of the "Prime Time" shows like Eastenders, Casualty and the like, but Attenborough's stuff is amazing, BBC4 is brilliant, and there are unexpected gems all over the place; Sherlock, Call the Midwife, etc.

Dunno, someone from my old work got me watching US Office and just never got round to watching UK. Worth the wait, though. :lol:

Been watching The Shield recently too, it's good. Mackie is a right bastard!

Highly highly recommend the BBC documentary on Grizzly bears that was on 9-10 last night. (Part two on tonight).

These bears have never been hunted meaning they have no fear of humans. This allowed the camera team unrivalled access to them.

Quite a shocking 60 minutes but excellent viewing.

Girls is class. It doesn't have a very manly title, but it's really good.

I tried to get that when it started in the US and the reviews were glowing, but all the torrents were shite. I'll give it another go.

Finished season 2 of Justified the other night, Season 3 lined up.

My Mrs says I'm in love with Raylan Givens. Apparently I get dewy eyed when he's on screen and laugh at his pithy one liners a bit too much. She may be right. :blush2:

Highly highly recommend the BBC documentary on Grizzly bears that was on 9-10 last night. (Part two on tonight).

These bears have never been hunted meaning they have no fear of humans. This allowed the camera team unrivalled access to them.

I watched that, some stunning footage.

Couldn't get away with the fucking fanny presenting it though.

He constantly attributed human traits and emotions to the bears, which annoyed the piss out of me.

He constantly attributed human traits and emotions to the bears, which annoyed the piss out of me.

Bet you were like a bear with a sore head. ;)

Admiration by the way for the sneaky young buck spotting a window of opportunity and giving Alice a good Rogering, even seeing out the vinegar strokes when half a ton of sudden death was charging at him. :lol:

I will check that out thanks man.

You should download Grizzly Man.