Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

I'm currently giving the brilliant Simon Schama's History of Britain a re-watch. :)

I got that on DVD for Christmas - just finished with the Tudors. It's amazing all the stuff they don't teach you at school.

I've been re-reading the books again to refresh my mind as there was that much going on in season 2 I'd forgotten most of it. :lol:

I could have killed me mate who's read all the books for telling me a load of what happens. Fortunately it was when we had a load of gear and several tequila's so I can't remember most of it :D

Glass of Merlot poured, season finale of Boardwalk Empire season two loaded and Happy Faces OMFG episode description ringing in my ears :)

See you on the other side.

Still sat in his armchair, red wine stained down his front, mouth agape at what he's witnessed.

Still sat in his armchair, red wine stained down his front, mouth agape at what he's witnessed.

Found it a tad disappointing tbh given the build up and hardening of Jimmy, I couldnt really buy into the last minute capitulation of his new found path.

Found it a tad disappointing tbh given the build up and hardening of Jimmy, I couldnt really buy into the last minute capitulation of his new found path.

Not surprised. It's one of the most acclaimed stand alone episodes in terms of acting, writing & direction.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/boardwalk-empire-season-2-finale-review

We don't call you Contrary Tree for nowt.

Not surprised. It's one of the most acclaimed stand alone episodes in terms of acting, writing & direction.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/boardwalk-empire-season-2-finale-review

We don't call you Contrary Tree for nowt.

Ooooh, get you! :lol:

I think it's a very good show. It's that particular plot line / u turn that was poor.

:aye:

Oh here we go, luvvie central :lol:

We are meant to believe that this cruel, cold blooded killer, heir to the riches, 1 week away from having it all, has suddenly repented.

I think they could have slotted a whole season in there with Jimmy running the show and nucky plotting, scheming and clawing his way back up, but instead they dumbed it down.

fucking never works for me!

Edited by Meenzer

We are meant to believe that this cruel, cold blooded killer, heir to the riches, 1 week away from having it all, has suddenly repented.

I think they could have slotted a whole season in there with Jimmy running the show and nucky plotting, scheming and clawing his way back up, but instead they dumbed it down.

That you think that it's as simple as this, shows you're better off sticking with Mrs Brown's boys and the like.

That you think that it's as simple as this, shows you're better off sticking with Mrs Brown's boys and the like.

Speaking of which, I hadn't noticed just how popular that particular pile of shite has become. What the fuck is wrong with people?

Speaking of which, I hadn't noticed just how popular that particular pile of shite has become. What the fuck is wrong with people?

But when he turns and looks directly in the camera it's fucking hilarious!

Less money spent on the arts.

fucking never works for me!

I could be cruel and tell you that in the third series Nucky does indeed lose much of his power and spends the series plotting and scheming to claw his way back up.

Though given your obvious lack of self control you will inevitably look and this spolier and in turn ruin it for yourself. Sorry about that.

Edited by ewerk

Just found a documentary on Netflix, the synopsis for which is "OJ Simpson takes viewers on a guided tour of the locales that served as a backdrop for the murder of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson". Well that's getting wtf-watched. :lol:

Just found a documentary on Netflix, the synopsis for which is "OJ Simpson takes viewers on a guided tour of the locales that served as a backdrop for the murder of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson". Well that's getting wtf-watched. :lol:

" So, err, that's where I didn't stab her....... No..... Not me !"

" And , I didn't kill her here. Oh no sir!"