Recommend me something to watch!

Besty

ESPN Classic (enjoy it while it still exists!) are showing several of the FIFA official World Cup films over the coming days. Missed 1990 today :(, but there's 1998, 1994, 1970, 1982 and 1986 all coming up.

Some of these have been downright brilliant. The later ones are more straightforward tournament reviews (although some of the southern hicks they interview in 1994 are good fun - "sawkerr? is that the one where you don't use your hands?"). But I've just started watching the 1970 one now, and... :dunno:.

It begins with footage of the England team boarding their flight at Heathrow. Cut to a sweet shop in Mexico, where a young local boy is inspired by the TV pictures to raid his savings, jump out of the window and start hitchhiking to the Azteca Stadium all on his own. He starts out by riding on the back of a flatbed truck full of pigs, then we see him on the back of a wood-carrying donkey, being paddled across a river by a plait-haired native girl on a barge filled with flowers, getting out of a Coca-Cola truck on the side of a busy motorway, then telling lies to an English couple called Lucy and Harry so that they'll take him the rest of the way in their convertible.

Lucy and Harry have just left him at the Azteca - "adios!" - and now it's the first ad break. There hasn't been a single shot of a football match yet. :lol:

Basketball Diplomacy episode of Vice on HBO (Episode 10). An intriguing look at North Korean hospitality...

Stunning.

You fucking hippy. ;)

:D

I wouldn't normally be arsed if it was just over hills or mountains somewhere or other, but I loved San Francisco so they got me a bit moist.

Can you try posting a picture via tapatalk as its not working for me ( and you know I can't live without posting pictures).

If you can do it then I know it's not Ant. :)

Posted Image

Any good?