Owen

The Fish

Its not a job? What is it then, a hobby? Cos thats how he treats us. I dont get why you stick up for him? From the day the day he signed and effectively said hed rather have gone to Liverpool hes never given off any sense of loyalty to us. It takes nowt to have a good word to say about the city or fans every now and again

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a job? What is it then, a hobby? Cos thats how he treats us. I dont get why you stick up for him? From the day the day he signed and effectively said hed rather have gone to Liverpool hes never given off any sense of loyalty to us. It takes nowt to have a good word to say about the city or fans every now and again

Well how is it like a job? It's light years away from a job. Most careers last about 12 yrs at full potential for a start.

I'm not sticking up for him I'm just bringing some rationale to the Owen bashing...Players leaves club supporters turn into mongs cycle is ridiculous.

It's a fact he'd rather have gone to Liverpool, maybe they wouldn't have let him play for England after 40min and a long injury non??

Most players don't give a fuck who they play for not just Owen, they want some success on the pitch and as much cash as they can get...Anything more than that you get back from a player relationship is a bonus.

It was primarily the clubs mistake signing him and then we compounded it with other nonsense (4 managers) shit backroom, shit coaching etc....

Let's see, how can I put this?

Fuck off Mickey, you little Welsh shite, nobody wants you and the fact that you have to be hawked around like a cheap whore should clue you in to that fact. You've got a heart the size of a pea and a cock the size of a bairn's little finger and why don't you get back to your horses because God knows you've already had enough money off us to live the rest of your life in decadence.

...next post, I'll tell you how I really feel. :icon_lol:

Well how is it like a job? It's light years away from a job. Most careers last about 12 yrs at full potential for a start.

I'm not sticking up for him I'm just bringing some rationale to the Owen bashing...Players leaves club supporters turn into mongs cycle is ridiculous.

It's a fact he'd rather have gone to Liverpool, maybe they wouldn't have let him play for England after 40min and a long injury non??

Most players don't give a fuck who they play for not just Owen, they want some success on the pitch and as much cash as they can get...Anything more than that you get back from a player relationship is a bonus.

It was primarily the clubs mistake signing him and then we compounded it with other nonsense (4 managers) shit backroom, shit coaching etc....

Its a job cos he gets paid to it. Hes signed a contract, if he breaches that contract he gets sacked. Its not rocket science. And as he gets paid a lot more than most normal people I would suggest he should work a lot harder too.

If I was shit at my job people wouldnt be commiserating with me, they would be kicking me out on my arse.

His goal to opportunity ratio in 08/09 was the best in the premiership.

It's a bit embarrassing to tout yourself in a dossier, but he is world class. If he's not spouted insincere platitudes about Newcastle being the best city in the world or the fans being the best in the world (we don't even chant his name when he scores) when we clearly weren't his first choice, then it's to his credit.

All that means is he creates fuck all for himself in a game! I remember him going 3 games on the trot without having a shot on or off target FFS!

Are you really stupid enought to buy into the shit that that dossier is selling :icon_lol:

All that means is he creates fuck all for himself in a game! I remember him going 3 games on the trot without having a shot on or off target FFS!

Are you really stupid enought to buy into the shit that that dossier is selling :icon_lol:

I was singing his praises long before that dossier came out.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't wind up with the likes of Everton or Villa on about 50K a year. I still think in a team that can string more than two passes together he'll score some goals so somebody will offer him a two year contract.

I do wonder who the hell advise him on the brochure/dossier thing, its just embarassing. I mean everyone in football already knows what he has done, they all know his goalscoring ability and that he is available for free. Without a broochure they will decide whether they take the risk of all this against his injury record and his lack of form at the end of last season. Then they'll see what his wage demands are and say yes or no, the brochure just makes him look sad and desperate.

As for Owen if he gets a half decent club and stays relatively fit he'll score goals, if you've got him for free and got him to agree to rreasonable wages (which he'l probably have to at the end of the day) then he'll be a good signing for alot of clubs outside the real big hitters.

Oh dear........

Hull chairman Paul Duffen admitted: "We're interested in Michael Owen on the right terms. He's a fantastic footballer. He's had a few injury problems but we would have to be interested in him.

:icon_lol:

Oh dear........

Hull chairman Paul Duffen admitted: "We're interested in Michael Owen on the right terms. He's a fantastic footballer. He's had a few injury problems but we would have to be interested in him.

:icon_lol:

He should be honoured such an illustrious club are interested in him :icon_lol:

If the NOTW are to be believed it's:

£40K basic wage

£20K per game :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

£10K per goal :icon_lol:

Seems a bit much for a club the size of Hull. Could they afford that!? Owen played 24 games last season for Newcastle thats £480,000. He also scored 10 goals, £100,000. Plus a basic wage of 40k per week!?

I'll be surprised if he doesn't wind up with the likes of Everton or Villa on about 50K a year. I still think in a team that can string more than two passes together he'll score some goals so somebody will offer him a two year contract.

That's all I'm saying baby. That is the hinterland of my ideation. Why fill a thread like this with twit speak giving the idea that the little lad can't kick a ball and whatnot?

Edited by Park Life

If the NOTW are to be believed it's:

£40K basic wage

£20K per game :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

£10K per goal :icon_lol:

Seems a bit much for a club the size of Hull. Could they afford that!? Owen played 24 games last season for Newcastle thats £480,000. He also scored 10 goals, £100,000. Plus a basic wage of 40k per week!?

They'll get about 30m from the PL and I believe they have very low wages atm.

21 June 2009: 10:19am|

Owen: I would have stayed with Kevin Keegan

Jun 21 2009 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

MICHAEL OWEN has insisted he would have stayed at Newcastle for the rest of his career had Kevin Keegan stayed on as United manager last season.

And the former England striker also claims he would “probably” have signed a new contract at St James’s Park had the Magpies not been relegated.

A brochure distributed by his representatives to eight Premier League clubs claims Owen – now a free agent – was “days away” from signing a new long-term contract at St James’s Park when Keegan quit last September.

The brochure – revealed in last week’s Sunday Sun – recalls Owen’s former glories and puts serious spin on his injury-plagued time on Tyneside.

But it is its reflection on the last nine months at Newcastle which will most interest United fans.

The brochure says: “Michael has never been unsettled at Newcastle and never said he wanted to leave.

“Indeed his period under Kevin Keegan in 2008 was one of his happiest and most productive spells in football and he was within days of signing a contract which would have kept him at St James’s Park for the rest of his career when Keegan left the club abruptly.”

The brochure adds: “His {Owen’s} belief in the potential management capabilities of his long-time friend Alan Shearer meant that he would probably have taken up the offer on the table to extend his contract at St James’s Park had the club stayed in the top flight.”

Meanwhile, Newcastle fans will seriously baulk at the brochure’s glowing testimony to Owen’s physical fitness.

In it, physio John Green, who worked with Owen at St James’s, says: “Michael is no longer susceptible to muscle injury.”

That, despite Owen missing Newcastle’s penultimate game of last season against Portsmouth with a groin strain which also saw him start the final-day match at Aston Villa on the bench.

The brochure also makes much of Owen’s career goals-per-start record, but includes his substitute appearances to talk up his stats at Newcastle.

For example, while the brochure talks of Owen playing in 77 per cent of Newcastle’s 42 games last season, he actually started just 24 (57 per cent) of them.

That, despite Owen missing Newcastle’s penultimate game of last season against Portsmouth with a groin strain which also saw him start the final-day match at Aston Villa on the bench.

Another Journalist who has clearly done their research...

Another Journalist who has clearly done their research...

He started against Portsmouth, and it was our 35th game of the season wasn't it, that is woeful. :icon_lol: