Owen

The Fish

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Guardian:

Michael Owen's management company has been shopping their client to various clubs with the help of a 34-page brochure that talks up the Newcastle striker.

In the document, Wasserman Media Group says: "Were it not for an unhappy spell at Real Madrid and two injury-scarred years at Newcastle, he would be spoken about in the same breath as Torres and Ronaldo and valued in the priceless figures that only match-winning goalscorers ever justify."

Owen is out of contract on 30 June and available as a free agent. The Wasserman brochure, reported in the Sunday Mirror, reveals the player would prefer to stay in the Premier League. It says that, in choosing his next move, Owen "is about to make the biggest decision of his football career", and explains that the 29-year-old is "good looking" and "charismatic".

Sam Rush, the group's chief operating officer, said: "As one of the world's leading sports agencies, Wasserman regularly utilise comprehensive documentation and audiovisual material to illustrate the benefits of our clients."

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1 B):)

"Michael stepped onto the tarmac. His short frame somehow rendered irrelevant by his designer sunglasses and state of the art headset. "Your carriage awaits madam", but this was clearly no ordinary carriage. This was a flying machine that would have made Da Vinci weep.

"Oh Michael, take me to Dubai" gushed the filly, a thoroughbred of a different kind but of no less interest to the red blooded welshman.

"I aim to please!", Michael shot back "hop on board and we'll head for the skies".....

Owen supposedly had to be asked 3 times to get stripped against Villa. Cheers Michael, it's not like you owed us a goal or anything.

Loving the comments of that page

Good riddance, we (NUFC) are much better off with the prolific Obafemi Martins up front

By Gemmill. Posted June 13 2009 at 10:58 PM.

:)

B)

I'm wonderin' if Owen will emerge as an absolute HATE figure on Tyneside once he's gone i.e. a lot of folk are presently merely tolerating the guy as he's 'one of us' but once he's gone will reconsider their feelings towards him? I could be one of them.

Owen supposedly had to be asked 3 times to get stripped against Villa. Cheers Michael, it's not like you owed us a goal or anything.

Totally boils my piss stuff like that - Shearer should have used his head as a speed bag if that is true - i thought he was his mate

Borrowed from football365....

The Michael Owen Sales Brochure

Posted 15/06/09 13:59

A unique opportunity has come up for a club to purchase one of the hottest properties in English football.

After a wildly successful time at Newcastle United Michael feels that there is simply nothing more for him to accomplish there. It is with a heavy heart that he leaves behind the wonderful people of the North East, but he wants Newcastle United fans to know that they will always have a place in his bank account.

But Michael is the sort of player who is always looking forward, not back - while acknowledging that his past in the game makes a compelling case for purchase.

Michael's ideal destination would be a club with Champions League football, a six-figure weekly basic wage, a five-year deal and also the moon on a stick and a threesome with Scarlett Johansson and a young Isabella Rossellini.

However, Michael is prepared to compromise and will settle for a four-year deal.

Michael has never been afraid to take on a new challenge, like when he left Liverpool in search of a Champions League medal. That move was a massive monetary success.

At international level, from such highs as scoring against Argentina in World Cup 1998 to many other highs too numerous to mention here, Michael is one of England's greatest-ever strikers.

Away from the pitch, Michael loves to travel and has homes in Dubai, where he loves to play golf, Barbados, where he loves to play golf, and of course Cheshire, where he loves to play golf.

Michael has good conversational Spanish from his days at Real Madrid and has mastered the following phrases:

* Excúseme que sea ése es mi espacio en el banco (Excuse me, you are sitting in my space on the bench)

* Hay una pista caballo-que compite con cerca aquí? (Is there a horseracing track near here?)

* Ow! Pienso que es mi rodilla (Ow! I think it's my knee)

And literally several more.

Michael's image rights alone could be worth hundreds of thousands to the successful club, and - unlike some other North East properties currently on the market - Michael has never served time for assault. This makes him almost unique among current footballers and the commercial value of a player not in jail should never be underestimated.

Michael is also an accomplished film and television actor, capable of playing age 13 to 21 years old (will provide own stick-on beard). His work on 'A Question Of Sport' has been called 'a powerful, visceral display that bludgeons the viewer into submission and possible coma', while his astonishing appearance as 'Michael Owen' in the hit film 'Goal II: Living The Dream' has been described as 'one of the most complete Method portrayals of modern cinema'.

Michael can play the following ranges: keen footballer, sensible footballer, boy-next-door footballer, hospital patient.

Interest is sure to be extremely high in this proven talent, and interested parties are advised to tender bids without delay, especially given Michael's very slight difficulties with injury.

As sold by Alan Tyers

<_<

From NOTW

MICHAEL OWEN has sent a glossy 34- page brochure about HIMSELF to eight Premier League clubs in a desperate attempt to find a new team for next season.

More here:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3595...ut-HIMSELF.html

If the little cunt was still world class then he wouldn't have to send a brochure about himself to other clubs as they would be queuing round the corner to sign him, and the fact he won't take a pay-as-you-play contract as well sums the greedy little cunt up cos he knows he's going to spend the rest of his career in and out of the treatment room and instead of what's doing right by the club he'd rather get his money to gamble on horses. FUCK OFF YOU CUNT!!!!!!!

From The Times

June 17, 2009

Wigan not interested in injury-prone Michael Owen

If Michael Owen thought that his stock could not fall any farther, the Newcastle United striker might want to think again.

Dave Whelan was prepared to break the bank to sign Owen from Real Madrid four years ago before the player's £16million move to St James' Park, but the Wigan Athletic chairman effectively conceded yesterday that he would not touch the England outcast with a barge pole now.

Wigan did not receive a copy of the glossy 34-page brochure distributed to eight Barclays Premier League clubs by Owen's management company in a bizarre attempt to drum up interest in the former European Footballer of the Year, and to judge from Whelan's remarks, it was probably a good job.

Owen strenuously maintains that he still has the desire to compete at the highest level, but Whelan expressed misgivings over the striker's injury record and wage demands - Owen earns £115,000 a week at Newcastle. “We've not had the brochure,” Whelan said. “Would we be interested? No. One, his wages are too expensive. Two, has he got the urge, the bottle and the drive to do what the Premier League wants? It's a big question.

Related Links

“I hope he has because he has been a great player. I tried to sign him and said to his agent I would pay £15million to bring him to Wigan and let him leave whenever he wanted.

“But he's looking a bit injury-prone now and loves his horses. I'm not criticising the lad, he has been a magnificent player and can still do a hell of a job for somebody, but I think he will want to go to a much bigger club than Wigan. Everton and Liverpool might think differently.”

Wigan presented Roberto Martínez as their new manager at the second attempt yesterday after his appointment was initially delayed by a wrangle with Swansea City about compensation for his backroom staff.

Whelan took the extraordinary step of reassuring the Spaniard, who has signed a three-year contract worth £1.5million, that his job would be safe even if the club are relegated next season, although the chairman expects the man he signed as a player 14 years ago to be a worthy successor to Steve Bruce.

“I'm sticking with Roberto,” Whelan, who sacked Chris Hutchings after only 12 Premier League games in 2007, said. “I want him here for three years minimum. If we go down, he will stay with us - that's for sure.”

Wigan are resigned to losing Antonio Valencia, although Whelan claimed that Manchester United will face a fight with Real for the Ecuador winger's signature. Bayern Munich are also understood to have registered their interest.

“Man United and Real Madrid have a meeting with us in the next three or four days and the other team have asked for a meeting,” Whelan said. “Real have been in contact once a week for the last six weeks and since Ronaldo joined them.

“We can't tell anybody where

they're going to play. If Real offered £2million more than United or vice versa, it still depends on where the lad wants to go. If you say have we had a bid in black and white - no.”

Owen strenuously maintains that he still has the desire to compete at the highest level, but Whelan expressed misgivings over the striker's injury record and wage demands - Owen earns £115,000 a week at Newcastle. "We've not had the brochure," Whelan said. "Would we be interested? No. One, his wages are too expensive. Two, has he got the urge, the bottle and the drive to do what the Premier League wants? It's a big question.

Related Links

"I hope he has because he has been a great player. I tried to sign him and said to his agent I would pay £15million to bring him to Wigan and let him leave whenever he wanted.

"But he's looking a bit injury-prone now and loves his horses. I'm not criticising the lad, he has been a magnificent player and can still do a hell of a job for somebody, but I think he will want to go to a much bigger club than Wigan. Everton and Liverpool might think differently."

<_<

I've got to say I just don't think he'll be that bothered if he never plays again... doesn't seem to have the desire.