Andrew

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fifa is going to be a nightmare next year :lol:

I got my call in for RM for pes tournaments with my mates when they signed Kaka

its just kept getting better for me ;)

Guardiola had the right idea when he flogged Deco and Ronaldinho. Galacticos dont work

they did alright in the last "galacticos" era

the only reason those two didnt work at barca was rijkaard was too relaxed, letting them train when they wanted too etc

New West Bromwich Albion boss Roberto Di Matteo says he is happy to press ahead with a deal for Simon Cox.

Swindon Town accepted an offer for Cox earlier this week before Di Matteo succeeded Tony Mowbray in the Hawthorns hot seat.

Di Matteo confirmed a deal has been agreed and he expects the striker to complete his move next week after he has undergone a medical.

"I am aware of the deal and that we have agreed terms," said Di Matteo.

"The player will be coming in next week for a medical.

"He is a very good player, has a very good scoring record and I am happy for the deal to go ahead."

Cox will reportedly cost the Baggies a fee in the region of £2million and he had also been linked with Celtic and Leicester City following an impressive last season at Swindon.

Guardiola had the right idea when he flogged Deco and Ronaldinho. Galacticos dont work

They had past their best when they got rid. But they did help Barca win the champions league. tongue.gif

Chelsea snap up Russian Zhirkov

Zhirkov was a key player for Russia in Euro 2008

Chelsea have signed Russian international Yuri Zhirkov from CSKA Moscow for a reported £18m fee.

The 25-year-old left-back, who has played 28 times for Russia, came to prominence during Euro 2008 when the national side reached the semi-finals.

Zhirkov, who can also play in midfield, has joined on a four-year deal.

New Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti confirmed the signing at first official news conference saying: "Zhirkov is naturally on the left."

He added: "I think he can do all the work and can play in defence and in between."

The Russian utility player is Chelsea's third signing of the summer, following the arrivals of goalkeeper Ross Turnbull and striker Daniel Sturridge.

During his time with CSKA Moscow, Zhirkov helped the Russian club win the Uefa Cup, scoring the second goal in the 3-1 win over Sporting Lisbon.

Zhirkov flew to London on Sunday and underwent a medical before completing his transfer.

Guest alex

You're right, I mean what have Real Madrid ever won with them?

Bringing things a bit closer to home;

Doncaster's Wellens having a medical at Leicester.

Not sure about this one - extra depth in the middle is handy I guess and he's a good player, but it means either Oakley wide right, which is positionally rubbish when the other team can counter half-decently like most Championship sides can, or dropping King which would be rather harsh.

I agree to an extent. There's a point where a player goes all Liberace and then they're too big to put in the effort. 43% of them end up at Newcastle.

Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart have agreed a £19m deal with Real Madrid for striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who is now deciding whether to leave The Bernabeu. (Reuters)

Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart have agreed a £19m deal with Real Madrid for striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who is now deciding whether to leave The Bernabeu. (Reuters)

Thought he only signed a season ago? Then again with the likes of Benzema, Ronaldo and possibly Villa, he doesn't stand much of a chance.