BNP wins seats

LeazesMag

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the most racist area of Britain supposedly. Hurrah...

I feel we will be targeted by the BNP because our house was once (wrongly, may I add) listed as a synagogue....B)

Edited by Revolver

I live in the most racist area of Britain supposedly. Hurrah...

I feel we will be targeted by the BNP because our house was once (wrongly, may I add) listed as a synagogue....:)

Llanelli? B):D

• 7 months later...
The British National party (BNP) is the most successful extreme right party in Britain's electoral history and is the fastest growing political party in twenty-first century Britain.

A new article has presented the first ever individual-level analysis of BNP supporters, utilising a survey data set uniquely compiled for this purpose. It finds that support for the BNP is concentrated among older, less educated working-class men living in the declining industrial towns of the North and Midlands regions. This pattern of support is quite distinct from that which underpinned the last electorally relevant extreme right party in Britain – the National Front (NF) – whose base was young working-class men in Greater London and the West Midlands.

Extreme right voters in contemporary Britain express exceptionally high levels of anxiety about immigration and disaffection with the mainstream political parties. Multi-level analysis of BNP support shows that the party prospers in areas with low education levels and large Muslim minority populations of Pakistani or African origin.

The BNP has succeeded in mobilising a clearly defined support base: middle-aged working-class white men anxious about immigration, threatened by local Muslim communities and hostile to the existing political establishment. It concludes by noting that all the factors underpinning the BNP's emergence – high immigration levels, rising perceptions of identity conflict and the declining strength of the cultural and institutional ties binding voters to the main parties – are likely to persist in the coming years. The BNP therefore looks likely to consolidate itself as a persistent feature of the British political landscape.

They've got Leazes and Stevie bang on ;)

The author discusses the report here...

Angry White Men

Edited by Happy Face

The British National party (BNP) is the most successful extreme right party in Britain's electoral history and is the fastest growing political party in twenty-first century Britain.

A new article has presented the first ever individual-level analysis of BNP supporters, utilising a survey data set uniquely compiled for this purpose. It finds that support for the BNP is concentrated among older, less educated working-class men living in the declining industrial towns of the North and Midlands regions. This pattern of support is quite distinct from that which underpinned the last electorally relevant extreme right party in Britain – the National Front (NF) – whose base was young working-class men in Greater London and the West Midlands.

Extreme right voters in contemporary Britain express exceptionally high levels of anxiety about immigration and disaffection with the mainstream political parties. Multi-level analysis of BNP support shows that the party prospers in areas with low education levels and large Muslim minority populations of Pakistani or African origin.

The BNP has succeeded in mobilising a clearly defined support base: middle-aged working-class white men anxious about immigration, threatened by local Muslim communities and hostile to the existing political establishment. It concludes by noting that all the factors underpinning the BNP's emergence – high immigration levels, rising perceptions of identity conflict and the declining strength of the cultural and institutional ties binding voters to the main parties – are likely to persist in the coming years. The BNP therefore looks likely to consolidate itself as a persistent feature of the British political landscape.

Angry White Men

Meh....... expecting impartiality from a BBC report is like asking LM about the Shepherd era.

Angry White Men

Meh....... expecting impartiality from a BBC report is like asking LM about the Shepherd era.

It's not a BBC report, it's an abstract for the report...

http://www.politicalstudies.org/forthcomingissue.asp

The BBC link is to an interview with the author. The report is going to be in the next edition of the Political Studies journal.

Angry White Men

It's not a BBC report, it's an abstract for the report...

http://www.politicalstudies.org/forthcomingissue.asp

The BBC link is to an interview with the author. The report is going to be in the next edition of the Political Studies journal.

My bad.

I think the title of the report is a bit provocative tho..............

Imagine it had been called 'Angry Black Men' or 'Angry Asian Men' and it was about disafected people who were feeling threated by changes they couldnt control and felt that those in power wouldnt listen to their concerns? The people lining up to call the authour 'Racist' would be huge.

Angry White Men

;)

They didn't invent the phrase or its meaning though, did they AA? And they are white tbf.

yes they are white, but why draw attention to the colour? If I was to draw attention to a group of peoples colour when reporting, say a crime, i would be called racist.

why not just call it 'Angry Men'?

They didn't invent the phrase or its meaning though, did they AA? And they are white tbf.

yes they are white, but why draw attention to the colour? If I was to draw attention to a group of peoples colour when reporting, say a crime, i would be called racist.

Because it's about angry white men. ;)

Because it's about angry white men. ;)

racist ;)

Because (at a guess) it's about white men who feel discrimated against and disenfranchised because of their colour, due to affirmative action etc. etc., therefore it's all about their colour and it's relevant. How could you possibly discuss the subject and ignore their colour?

I honestly don't see it as racist in any way. Do you?

Angry White Men

aye of course, and I bet you wish you were a pound behind me ;)B)

By the way, any of you brainwashed do gooders have anything to say about that flag at Old Trafford last night ie Rooney the White Pele :icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

;)

They researched the typical BNP voter. You might as well say it's not important where they're from, their age, sex or social class. Just call the report "Angry"

Voters are classified all over the shop. The black vote for Obama has been analysed at length.

And it's widely discussed that crime rates are higher among black men.

No-one gets angry.

It's only racist if you're denigrating a race with falsehoods and ignorance. Facts are just that.

The fact you see being classified as a BNP voter as a form of denigration is telling.

Edited by Happy Face

;)

Voters are classified all over the shop. The black vote for Obama has been analysed at length.

And it's widely discussed that crime rates are higher among black men.

No-one gets angry.

It's only racist if you're denigrating people with falsehoods and ignorance. Facts are just that.

The fact you see being classified as a BNP voter as a form of denigration is telling.

The BNP are probably state sponsored to muddy the waters. [/Ridiculousconspiracythaturnsouttrueadecadelater].

I do find it denigrating. being attacked for your political beliefs is akin to facism

I've never voted bnp btw in case you're wondering, but by god i'm tempted!