ALAN CURBISHLEY being lined up to become Newcastle boss?

duo

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3599...forced-out.html

ALAN CURBISHLEY is being lined up to become Newcastle boss.

Toon owner Mike Ashley is trying to sell the club but he is making contingency plans should a quick sale not materialise.

Curbishley has been sounded out and, despite the chaos that surrounds the club, he would be willing to move up to the North East.

Alan Shearer remains in charge of team matters but the situation is becoming increasingly complicated as his relationship with Ashley has become so strained.

Seymour Pierce, the brokers handling the sale, have received a formal bid from an international consortium with no links to the North East. The American group tabled a bid of around £100million on Friday after Barclays did the paperwork on a working overdraft of £25m to ensure the club can keep going in the short-term.

"A deal is nearly done, it's very close," said a source. "It could be announced as early as Tuesday or Wednesday next week."

Ashley believes he can get a better deal if Newcastle have a manager in place for the massive rebuilding job needed to help the club secure immediate promotion.

And Curbishley, 51, was the master of that type of management in 16 years at Charlton. He turned them from a club who did not even have a ground into a consistent Premier League force. And since he left they have slid down into League Two.

Curbs also steered West Ham away from relegation but, after a mid-table finish, he fell out with the fans and the board and left Upton Park last September, claiming constructive dismissal.

By ROB SHEPHERD and MARTIN HARDY, 13/06/2009

I wouldn't wipe my arse on any of the tabloids because there isn't enough room for more shit than they already have.

Alan knows the score B)

so lets get this straight, Curbishley left West Ham because there was interference from the board and now he'd be willing to come here and work for Ashley?

Did the tabloids just think "now whos the daftest appointment we can say? oh dont forget he must be a cockney, they hate cockneys them Geordies do".

B)

so lets get this straight, Curbishley left West Ham because there was interference from the board and now he'd be willing to come here and work for Ashley?

Did the tabloids just think "now whos the daftest appointment we can say? oh dont forget he must be a cockney, they hate cockneys them Geordies do".

B)

Indeed. Although with us who ever really knows. :)

Wouldn't be that surprised if Fergy was appointed, or indeed Assley's 3 year old niece.

Curbs would be all right. Would help get us up and keep us steady. reflects our situation. However I don't think there is going to be a better time for Shearer to get the chance to manage us.

Curbishley is a good manager but he looks like he needs a year off - the last few months at Reading he couldn't get a home win for love nor money and he looked very very tired

Curbishley is a good manager but he looks like he needs a year off - the last few months at Reading he couldn't get a home win for love nor money and he looked very very tired

Errr.....

Errr.....

I don't think he will handle the pressure and the press at Newcastle

I dont even know why we are debating it.

Ashley has no intention of appointing anyone. That would cost money and hes not even willing to pay for the club to have coffee for meetings. Hughton is getting the job, he costs us nothing more to sit in.

Ashley has no intention of appointing anyone. That would cost money and hes not even willing to pay for the club to have coffee for meetings. Hughton is getting the job, he costs us nothing more to sit in.

Do you think there are actually any serious buyers?

I thought the reason that Shearer wasn't appointed was that we hadn't sorted out the situation with the overdraft? Well according to that article was now have, hopefully we can expect some movement on this next week.

Errr.....

Exactly, errr.

Rob W, rubbing shoulders with the rich, famous, and movers and shakers of the world. Curbishley or Coppell, eh Rob ?B)

Do you think there are actually any serious buyers?

No. B)(be pleased to be wrong though)