New away shirt.....

smoggeordie

09/10 Away Kit  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really that bad, however it's us and we could have released a modest kit and they would have probably still took the piss out of us.

Everything we do is going to be under scrutiny, there will be abusive and sometimes untrue newspaper stories, every single bad result next year will have the country howling with laughter. They will peddle all of the old fan clichés and abuse the fuck out of us. The mackems will make a 30 page thread on ready to go for even the smallest event.

We just have to put up with it and get on with things. Right now we are a joke from head to toe, but it wont always be like that.

There is a light at the end of this very long, very depressing and very humiliating tunnel.

People can say what they like, fuck em.

It's not really that bad, however it's us and we could have released a modest kit and they would have probably still took the piss out of us.

Everything we do is going to be under scrutiny, there will be abusive and sometimes untrue newspaper stories, every single bad result next year will have the country howling with laughter. They will peddle all of the old fan clichés and abuse the fuck out of us. The mackems will make a 30 page thread on ready to go for even the smallest event.

We just have to put up with it and get on with things. Right now we are a joke from head to toe, but it wont always be like that.

There is a light at the end of this very long, very depressing and very humiliating tunnel.

People can say what they like, fuck em.

:icon_lol:

tbh I was hoping for a period of anonymity

I'm also warming to it (with some hot fudge and ice cream).

It was shocking when I first looked at it, but now doesn't seem as bad. I think the light yellow should have been white, and the shorts should have been white with black stripes and yellow trim along the bottom.

At least that way they wouldn't look like bananas from head to toe.

It's going to be a horrible seller though, will look rubbish with jeans.

''Bananas in pyjamas are going down the League,

'Bananas in pyjamas are staying down like Leeds''

Every fuckers songs sorted then :icon_lol:

10/10 to the designer. He really met his brief (assuming it was) - "I want you to come up with a shirt design that will take the club one step further down. Give everyone one more reason to laugh at the fuckers. I want something people can take the piss out of for the whole season, just in case they don't give us anything else on the pitch to laugh about"

FFS

meh I don't really mind it tbh just a really lazy attempt by the designers recolouring our home kit, not quite sure how we've made the national papers with it but never mind. It definitely does look better with darker shorts probably only because it looks more like our old Yellow kit with them (2004 kit? can't remember Kluivert played in it though).

Does it have the same shitty back panel as the homekit btw? seeing as it's the exact same shirt near enough.

It does look miles better with black shorts. No patch on the back since dark numbers will be properly visible on the back with it being two light stripes

newkitf.jpg

Looks better with dark shorts.

Agreed....

can someone go one further and show what it'd look like if the lighter stripes were done away with? (i.e. all darker yellow)

Have to give the boys who post over at FootballShirtCulture credit for this one......

"BANANAS IN PYJAMAS ARE GOING DOWN THE LEAGUE

BANANAS IN PYJAMAS ARE TRYING TO LOOK LIKE LEEDS!!!!"

newkitf.jpg

Looks better with dark shorts.

Agreed....

can someone go one further and show what it'd look like if the lighter stripes were done away with? (i.e. all darker yellow)

Would look like the one we wore against Partizan. Can't find a picture of it to save my life though.