Martins sold

Kid Dynamite

If selling someone means it keeps the immediate wolf from the door (no pun intended) or it greases the wheels in the sale somehow then I'm happy it's Martins rather than Beye or Bassong.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose £9m is decent money for a 30-year old! Won't be missed, but at least he had a resale value and scored a few goals, which is more than can be said for Smith.

He's only 24, but still 9m for him :)

£9m for Ashley to trouser along with the Given and Milner cash, can't see much point in cheering that !

I suppose £9m is decent money for a 30-year old! Won't be missed, but at least he had a resale value and scored a few goals, which is more than can be said for Smith.

fuck off, hes 40 if hes a day!!! <_<

£9m for Ashley to trouser along with the Given and Milner cash, can't see much point in cheering that !

I'm with Jimbo on this one. Love him or hate him, Martins was the best striker left at the club and would have had a field day in the Championship imo.

I'd rather get some of the really shite players on huge salaries off the wage bill first, step forward Alan Smith!

We're not really in a position to pick and choose who to sell though. We're lumped with shite like Smith and Geremi so when an offer comes in for a player who hardly offers good value on his own merit it's too good to turn down.

I'm with Jimbo on this one. Love him or hate him, Martins was the best striker left at the club and would have had a field day in the Championship imo.

Can't agree with that. Martins is the type of player where it doesn't matter how good the defenders are. His most potent opposition is himself, and his inability to finish.

More concerned with trying to kick the skin off the ball, than beating the keeper. When it comes off it's spectacular - the other 99% of the time be thankful you don't have to wait for the ball to be retrieved before the game gets going again.

He had IMO improved his possession of the ball and even his short passing game in his time with us. His injury record is woeful though, so I only see this as a great sale. Wages reduced and 9 million pounds - Plus the intrinsic suggestion that we're a little closer to having some sort of resolution to the absolute shambles that we're in now.

We're not really in a position to pick and choose who to sell though. We're lumped with shite like Smith and Geremi so when an offer comes in for a player who hardly offers good value on his own merit it's too good to turn down.

Forgot he even existed

Was always resigned to losing a decent premiership striker the minute we were relegated. He's not reliable enough to grind out the results we'll need in this league. He's great if you've got a consistent striker beside him, but £9m and losing his wages... it's a fair deal.

Don't want to lose Bassong though.

Was always resigned to losing a decent premiership striker the minute we were relegated. He's not reliable enough to grind out the results we'll need in this league. He's great if you've got a consistent striker beside him, but £9m and losing his wages... it's a fair deal.

No chance- if we're in sale mode then any decent bid will be accepted. We should have been selling players before now.

Still this is better than waiting until the end of the window and being forced into fire sales.

To get nine million was a suprise to me, considering the Shay fiasco, and probably it's a fair deal. I don't think he'll last long at Wolfsburg, and quoting the Bundesliga as the best leauge in a few years is a very far-fetched statement and just shows what a clueless cunt he is and always will be. Also gald to see this will be the end of the constant bickering and the 'Oh I seen Martins and he was claiming he'd be an Arsenal player' etc..

I'm a little gutted he has left but there was noway we could really have afforded to keep martins (along with others) in the division we now find ourselves in, frustrating at times but on his day a great asset. Good luck at Wolfsburg is what I say and we have taken a chunk out of our wage bill

It's a lot of money for an average player and a drain off the wage bill. Nobody knows who sanctioned it or where the money is going at this time. Had to be sold (70k a week).

I'm a little gutted he has left but there was noway we could really have afforded to keep martins (along with others) in the division we now find ourselves in, frustrating at times but on his day a great asset. Good luck at Wolfsburg is what I say and we have taken a chunk out of our wage bill

Shame the money will go straight into Ashley's personal pie fund and not into our transfer kitty though...

I was one of his biggest fans when he joined but it has rapidly become apparent that he stopped caring.

Good bye and good riddance. Good money for him, but it may not matter.

That's it nailed on for me, didn't wanna be here anymore so no point in him staying.

Next!

I personally think he would have scored an absolute bagfull in the championshit - if his head was screwed on. However, I think he was one of the players that couldnt give a fuck.

£9m is great. No idea where the money will go though.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I personally think he would have scored an absolute bagfull in the championshit - if his head was screwed on. However, I think he was one of the players that couldnt give a fuck.

We still owe money on Martins...Rumoured to be around 4-5m. So it really is a deal we needed to do.

We still owe money on Martins...Rumoured to be around 4-5m. So it really is a deal we needed to do.

Surely that cant be true. He has been here for 3 years...

It is true, I'm just not sure of the exact amount. We owe on Duff as well.

It is true, I'm just not sure of the exact amount. We owe on Duff as well.

Duff was only £5m. Must be buttons on that one. Maybe we still owe money on Owen in that case?