Toon bid hopefuls backed by New York firm

Geordiejihad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NUFC Statement

NEWCASTLE United Football Club confirms that it has extended its deadline to Barry Moat to table an offer for the Club.

The extension has been granted in order to allow Barry Moat and his advisors to conclude funding arrangements with Barclays, current bankers, for the continuation of last season's £39m facility.

This would allow a formal offer to be tabled.

Good news like. official news that Moat has made a bid and they are willing to accept and sell up if Barclays can confirm its okay.

Right lets all ring up Barclays and tell them to accept...

Oooh I'm a soothsayer! I said last week that Fridays decision would be to make an announcement on Monday which would then announce on Monday that there would be a further extension. Absolutely no surprises and judging by what needs to be done to simply table a bid, i'm not hopeful that this will go through prior to the transfer deadline if at all. Expect an announcement next Wednesday saying that it couldnt be concluded and that he's sticking with it for another few months at least.

It's pants, I mean how hard is it to sort out a bloody sale? It's really giving me zero faith in Barry Moat's consortium as far as having enough funds to make a go of things properly. If their struggling to sort this out there's no way they'll have enough to bring in new players.

It's pants, I mean how hard is it to sort out a bloody sale? It's really giving me zero faith in Barry Moat's consortium as far as having enough funds to make a go of things properly. If their struggling to sort this out there's no way they'll have enough to bring in new players.

As long as they manage to hold on to the ones we have got first....

this stinks of timewasiting to just keep hold of the club until the deadline then taking it off the market

Yeah

'oh the sale isn't happening, whats that the transfer window is now closed? oh we'll have to make do with what we've got then'

:lol:

That's what I said on another thread and its alluded to by .COM - just having a different person unwilling or unable to spend any money is no change at all. The only hope is that Moat has some future investment streams with the best case being having to wait until January.

The statement (bravely assuming it is accurate) would suggest that the deal has been agreed with Ashley (at a price well over the odds) and that Moat needs to complete the deal with Barclays. It also opens the door to additional consortium members to come in, or for a fans group to purchase a minority stake alongside other consortium members.

No-one should be under any illusion- the wage cutting will have to continue under Moat as there simply isn't enough money to invest in players. However no-one should be turning their noses up either- the club having the faith of the fans is absolutely pivotal to getting money into the club. When the Halls took over, they didn't put in a huge amount of money but they got the club and the fans in line and the cash rolled in.

Barclays will want to cut the working capital facility- and quickly.

There's no billionaire waiting to bail us out so we will just have to hope Moat can get the fans back on board, getting the cash through the turnstiles and getting ourselves up the hard way.