Newcastle United vs Nottingham Forest

Deano

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard anything about how injured (or not) Carroll is?

I don't think it looked too bad*. I suspect though that he will be rested on the weekend and Gola will be played instead.

* - Said with as much medical conviction as Dr Leo Spaceman

You know, body language is something you struggle to hide, especially when you are not thinking about it. When the camera cut to MA cheering the second goal, he stodd rubbing his hands together. I bet it wasbt because he was cold. :D

Guest Barrack Road
There was so much special aboutlast night it feels so damn good this morning

I'm totally wrecked but I know exactly what you mean :D:) Forest defended very well first half mind, but we showed good perserverence. Happy days :icon_lol:. TBH I hope we don't go up on Saturday, would be nice to see it at home against Sheff Utd.

What a lovely feeling it is to be winning football matches. Woke up with a smile on my face.

On adifferent note, I thought that James Perch was excellent, handled Jonas very well, can play right or left, young, cheap. Ticks a lot of boxes.

Guest Barrack Road
If that was 45,000 then I'm something dissimilar to what I am in reality.

The whole of the Sports Bar was empty loads in the Milburn wings, and a fair few in the North East Corner, 46,000 seemed about right to me.

The atmosphere wasn't bad first half, but second it really took off especially when Shola come on. So fuckin wrecked today now but it was worth it :D

The whole of the Sports Bar was empty loads in the Milburn wings, and a fair few in the North East Corner, 46,000 seemed about right to me.

The atmosphere wasn't bad first half, but second it really took off especially when Shola come on. So fuckin wrecked today now but it was worth it :D

Difficult for me to judge from where I am I guess. I can't see most of the lower tier of the Milburn. But there wasn't a spare inch in L7.

Dissappointing number, but still generated a good atmosphere.

Guest Barrack Road

Difficult for me to judge from where I am I guess. I can't see most of the lower tier of the Milburn. But there wasn't a spare inch in L7.

I think we are the only club in the world who would regard 46,000 in the second tier of the league system, on a Monday night live on telly when it's pissing it down a bad number.

The atmosphere wasn't bad first half, but second it really took off especially when Shola come on. So fuckin wrecked today now but it was worth it :icon_lol:

I think we are the only club in the world who would regard 46,000 in the second tier of the league system, on a Monday night live on telly when it's pissing it down a bad number.

:D

Hopes were higher.

What a lovely feeling it is to be winning football matches. Woke up with a smile on my face.

On adifferent note, I thought that James Perch was excellent, handled Jonas very well, can play right or left, young, cheap. Ticks a lot of boxes.

I thought that as well. they were critical of him in commentary about sholas goal but tbh i dont see what else he could of done. thought he had an excellent game. isnt that the guy we tried to sign in jan??

Edited by AgentAxeman

Yeah, I thought Perch was a star player for them last night. He had Jonas in his pocket for most of the game. In fairness to him, Shola was forced to shoot from such an angle he could not have had a clear sight of goal. That was down to Perch blocking his view, so I thought their criticism of him was harsh. 9/10 times Shola's shot would not have gone in as it would have been blocked.

That's not to take anything away from Shola though. He had the balls and the confidence to pull it off and he placed it exactly where it needed to be. Perch just made it (much) harder for him to do so.

I'll bite my balls off if we win tonight. As ye can tell - not very confidentó.

...well?

your lack of confidence bemused me last night, can I ask why you were so sure we'd drop points?

...well?

your lack of confidence bemused me last night, can I ask why you were so sure we'd drop points?

Can you not see my son? I made us win, i was joking all along so i wouldn't put pressure on the team :D

...well?

Can you not see my son? I made us win, i was joking all along so i wouldn't put pressure on the team :tumbleweed:

ah, the ol' reverse psychology trick eh? Clever!!

:D:icon_lol::angry: :angry: :angry::sweat::angry: :angry: :sweat::wub:

It was ok at first but then Jonas put some grass in my mouth and I said 'What are you doing?'. I had all of my team-mates on my back and I could not breathe.

WTF Jonas? Feeding the Bull?

jose_585x350_702680a.jpg

Very 300 isn't it.

I'm delighted with the points and with the determined nature of the whole season to be honest.

We're unbeaten at home all season... Christ I've never been so confident of beating teams at SJP. Fortress St James'. :D

We're going to be promoted and thankfully we've built that on a very very solid defence instead of a mercurial attack, which could falter against the more resolute and canny teams in the Premiership. I think we're set up (if we keep key players) to be stubborn at the back next season and if we can sign a couple of more intricate and adroit players we'll stand a better chance of survival.

Up until this morning promotion hadn't really sunk in, I think. But reading the papers and seeing the pictures again... you can feel the anticipation of success. It's tangible and exciting.

I'm sorry for gushing but I'm fucking delighted. :icon_lol: