Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

Guest Barrack Road
Got a stinking hangover today. My usual two cans of full fat coke and ibuprofen cure hasn't worked :)

Me too <_< My mate got married yesterday, I drunk 2 bottles of wine up there, had a few vrb's in town, I'm so fuckin white am so wrecked the fish and chips are gettin a wide berth even. 4 hours kip max can hardly move, look like Rab C fuckin Nesbitt. I might actually try and see how long I can go without drinking, I'm going to go through the summer without a drink I've decided. I was conciously aware of this thread and how fucked I'd be today when I was drinking too.

Just put some music on and surprisingly it helps :lol:

Never happens, my mate says it every week without fail :D

It didn't even last 24 hours after that post. I stuck to beer yesterday, threw up about 9pm oh dear, but surprisingly feel ok today, and feel like drinking more :icon_lol: football on, bets on. Why not eh?

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really understand how people get so wrecked over a few beers (5/6pints)...If you eat before you go out and drink water before you go to bed should really be fine. I did notice a differance once I got over 30 but it was marginal really. Only time I really lost it recently (last year) was after a heavy all night vodka session.

Everyone on this forum should have some hangover tomorrow, if they haven't you're all mackems.

Bank Holiday drinking is for plebs tbh.

I have to be in Manchester at 8am, so any celebrations tonight will be muted.

Save it for the Going up as Champs drinks.

Everyone on this forum should have some hangover tomorrow, if they haven't you're all mackems.

And if you come on here moaning about it, you're a fanny <_<

Guest Barrack Road

And if you come on here moaning about it, you're a fanny <_<

:aye:

I'm not hungover yet, still feel pissed. I wasn't as happy as I should've been last night like, didn't feel in a party mood, I just thought so we should go up.

Guest Barrack Road
I'm in a bit of a bad way this morning like. too much wine. ooh dear..................

Was Corona, wine, cider and Kronenbourg for me like. It's kicking like a goodun now. 6 pints of water already today.

I'm in a bit of a bad way this morning like. too much wine. ooh dear..................

Was Corona, wine, cider and Kronenbourg for me like. It's kicking like a goodun now. 6 pints of water already today.

Magners, Guinness, Lager & celebratory sambuca.

<_<

Eggs are apparently a good idea. They contain cysteine which breaks down acetaldehyde, which is the substance the body produces to break down the alcohol. Or something like that. Anyway acetaldehyde is a toxin which is part of what makes you feel sick, and eggs chin it.

I tried the hat thing, wasn't impressed.

My traditional hangover cure is a Muddy Puddle. 50/50 full fat coke and fresh orange juice. Sugar, Vitamin C and Caffeine all help. Having read Gem's comments above I think I might try muddy puddle a la ouef next time. Sans hat.

My traditional hangover cure is a Muddy Puddle. 50/50 full fat coke and fresh orange juice. Sugar, Vitamin C and Caffeine all help. Having read Gem's comments above I think I might try muddy puddle a la ouef next time. Sans hat.

That sounds minging. Why not just have a glass of coke and a glass of orange juice?

That sounds minging. Why not just have a glass of coke and a glass of orange juice?

clearly you don't do the washing up in your house.

4 pints of Stella and two large red wines last night and i'm not functioning well today... Having said that if they were serving ale at the Majeski it would have been considerably worse.

Aye, still a little bitter about that myself. Although we had enough time at the station to grab some cans for the schlepp back into Paddington (even if the shopkeep blatantly plucked a price out of thin air, at least it was a vaguely reasonable one...)