Hangovers

Guest Barrack Road

I was hungover today, had an important meeting at 2pm, thought I'd be fine.

Had to take a back seat in the meeting and let my colleague do all the graft.

Hangovers now last many times the few hours of 'pleasure' of being pissed.

It's expensive too. £4 for a can of San Miguel last night, fucking Shoreditch wankers.

I'll not quit like.

The thing is if you are an ordinary bloke, apart from your family, wife/lass etc.. drink is an integral part of a social life. Perhaps it shouldn't be, but I was having this conversation on Saturday, I have good mates who I have seen more on the drink than in a state of sobriety over the last 10 years. Sad admission but true. Unless you're sporty play golf/football and luckily I do etc.. an average Northern lads life revolves round drink if they want a social life. It might just be me like, but meeting one of your mates in a Costa Coffee joint for an Espresso, oh dear. Having said that I suppose we have a few "modern men" on here.

I couldln't understand Starbucks etc when they first arrived on the high street. I now occasionally pop in for a drink, but its just to keep me out of the pub really.

I often wonder why the likes of Debenhams, House of Fraser etc don't get a little bar tucked in one corner, like a creche for the lads.... 'aye pet you go try on whatever you want'. In fact - the bar could have an video link to the changing rooms so you could make the all important grunts when she's trying stuff on, or just browse other the clunge.

Million pound idea that.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often wonder why the likes of Debenhams, House of Fraser etc don't get a little bar tucked in one corner, like a creche for the lads.... 'aye pet you go try on whatever you want'. In fact - the bar could have an video link to the changing rooms so you could make the all important grunts when she's trying stuff on, or just browse other the clunge.

Million pound idea that.

fuckin hell man, you should really push this idea! its GREAT!!! :D

It's expensive too. £4 for a can of San Miguel last night, fucking Shoreditch wankers.

I'll not quit like.

The thing is if you are an ordinary bloke, apart from your family, wife/lass etc.. drink is an integral part of a social life. Perhaps it shouldn't be, but I was having this conversation on Saturday, I have good mates who I have seen more on the drink than in a state of sobriety over the last 10 years. Sad admission but true. Unless you're sporty play golf/football and luckily I do etc.. an average Northern lads life revolves round drink if they want a social life. It might just be me like, but meeting one of your mates in a Costa Coffee joint for an Espresso, oh dear. Having said that I suppose we have a few "modern men" on here.

So very true. Even if you're watching the match in the house with your mates you end up having atleast a couple!

It's the effect it has on your sleep that makes you feel miserable and emotional imo. I can watch Schindler's fucking List without a hangover and not even come close to bubbling, but fucking Eastenders can nearly set me off if I'm hungover. :D

:icon_lol: See I can't even be arsed to watch that type of thing when am wrecked, last night I watched Man Utd, and I spent 20 minutes non stop saying how much I hated Gary Neville. That's not normal behaviour.

The sleep thing is a biggie though, I need eight hours sober or pissed. I'm so jealous of these people who get three hours sleep and seem on top of the world all the time. The thing with drink for me as well, I get 5-6 hours kip, and that's it I can't back to sleep.

I'm exactly the same. Doesn't matter if I get in at midnight or fucking 3 or 4 in the morning. At 6am I'm wide awake and feeling like shit. Then you have to live through it.

It's not til the afternoon when it's finally died down a bit that I can doze again, having spent the morning bealing at shit romcoms on Sky Movies. :lol: Fuck me I sound like Bridget Jones.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC-

this is me to a tee. We had the kid minded at the end of last summer so we could have a lie on after a session. Woke up at 8am anyway after 5or so hours kip, then sat on the couch watching 'Yes Man'. I was very delicate.

I'll not quit like.

I go to Blakes and Alvinos for a pot of tea quite often now. Amazing normally I would have went to boozer and had 3 or 4 pints. Four times a week that is at least a dozen I have cut out. Like I say I do not drink Mon to Thursday that has got to be another 20 minimun cut out.

feel far bettter for it. See I've even put an extra T in there :D

Blakes is canny nice like and I like the way it's been round for ages rather than some new corporate place like Stabucks. And they serve alcohol :D

Btw, I don't get bad hangovers very often because I'm nails, but if you get a proper bad heed, I find wearing a wooly hat helps until the water / Gary Abletts / slice of toast kicks-in.

Million pound idea that.

fuckin hell man, you should really push this idea! its GREAT!!! :D

Do it loads in Spain. Usually in or right next to the supermarket, i.e. in the little shops attached to it.

Million pound idea that.

fuckin hell man, you should really push this idea! its GREAT!!! :icon_lol:

Do it loads in Spain. Usually in or right next to the supermarket, i.e. in the little shops attached to it.

Complete with clunge TV? Are you often found in there with your woolly hat on? :D

Million pound idea that.

fuckin hell man, you should really push this idea! its GREAT!!! :icon_lol:

Complete with clunge TV? Are you often found in there with your woolly hat on? :D

Aye, with a coffee and a Soberano.

Blakes is canny nice like and I like the way it's been round for ages rather than some new corporate place like Stabucks. And they serve alcohol :D

Btw, I don't get bad hangovers very often because I'm nails, but if you get a proper bad heed, I find wearing a wooly hat helps until the water / Gary Abletts / slice of toast kicks-in.

:icon_lol:

Alex doesn't do hangover cures but if he did they'd be the worst fucking hangover cures in the world.

Guest Barrack Road

I'll not quit like.

I couldln't understand Starbucks etc when they first arrived on the high street. I now occasionally pop in for a drink, but its just to keep me out of the pub really.

Million pound idea that.

My business idea, is for pubs in bookies, or alcohol allowed to be served in bookies. Would signal the end of the WMC imo.

It's a bit mince, but a glass of water every 3rd or so pint does the trick. Has to be followed up with a pint of water before bed.

If, however , I mix my drinks - hell follows.

I can get away with pints and then move onto Rum & cokes. If I have any other drinks on top of these though,it's curtains.

I find now, sometimes I can drink like a thirsty Bedouin and never go beyond "merry". Other times, 4 pints and like Spasticus Autisicus.

Rarely have more than 2 glasses of vino during the week now.

i was drunk once walking home from washington village

going up this bank and saw a black dog run out the graveyard

it stopped and looked at me n barked

then ran up the bank a bit

turned round

barked again

then ran up into the graveyard

this only meant one thing to me - it wants me to follow him

we got in the graveyard and sure enough mr black dog was waiting midway into the graveyard looking at me - barks again - then runs under this big tree

so i go to the tree certain that theres some treasure n when i get there the dog fucks off and im just stood under a tree in a graveyard.

once woke up on my bathroom floor with nowt on coverred in my own vomit with me sister stood over me shouting

" TWO WORDS FOR YA! CLEAN IT THE FUCK UP! "

i wasnt in any mood to argue her maths nor move in any way so i lay there for 4 hours then got up and cleaned everywhere up

later on i was just about recoverred n i walked downstairs to be greeted by a cheeky little plop on the living room carpet just stareing at me as if to say

" hello farnie, you dont know how i got here do you ? and you never will know "

gutted