Back to the future

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You constantly equate revenues and income with expected level yet when its clearly pointed out that 6 or 7 clubs have much higher incomes than us you dismiss it and demand we try and finish above them - which way do you want it?

Blackburn won more titles during your man's reign than under Ashley's thus far, if I'm not mistaken.

of course, they were bankrolled by a sugar daddy, but it didn't stop us from getting above them a few times and buying their best player from them.

You can't expect people to give you 5 years to see if you end up being right Leazes, when you take the piss out of anyone who says "wait until the next window. We'll see if the squads improved then"

You can't expect people to give you 5 years to see if you end up being right Leazes, when you take the piss out of anyone who says "wait until the next window. We'll see if the squads improved then"

I'm not giving anybody 5 years, it won't take anywhere near that long. As soon as he starts selling anybody, and withholding the money from the manager again, it's all over. You don't progress long term doing that. No defence. No argument. End of debate and fully vindicated, sadly.

Are you sure?

I'm pretty sure he'll give it a damned good go.

I'm not giving anybody 5 years, it won't take anywhere near that long. As soon as he starts selling anybody, and withholding the money from the manager again, it's all over. You don't progress long term doing that. No defence. No argument. End of debate and fully vindicated, sadly.

But he's done that this year and we're higher than we've been in almost 10 years.

We've bought £50m worth of players for £25 million in the past year.

But he's done that this year and we're higher than we've been in almost 10 years.

but where's the other £10m? Ashley's back pocket, that's where...

There has to be a difference bewteen idealistic ambition and reality.

The thrust of LM's argument has always been right - we should expect to be a club that can challenge. Unfortunately apart from a forlorn hope that Ashley will dig deep, there is no source of the necessary money.

Once you accept reality you can then talk about realistic ambitions to go with that - even allowing for West Brom and Forest/Whoever, I still think we will struggle to finish above a few teams next year having said that I think we should aim at a "Stoke" etc level but I think we'd be lucky to get there.

who mentioned Stoke ? :lol:

First year back you complete and utter imbecile - another example of your cherry picking cuntishness and you wonder why people think you aren't worth bothering with.

Her's an idea - go and look up "context" and then fuck off.

Absolutely beggars belief, this half wit. :lol:

VERY WELL.

FiNaLlY iT iS tImE fOr ME to reveal to YOU MY Simples question.

Let's see who will answer it: perhaps the so-called accountant, a financial whizz-kid--OR SO ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT, if he weren't an utter shambles of a man; perhaps the so-called solicitor, with his 'ethics' and his 'morals' that he clings to like a fevered child clings to its mother's breast, desperate to suckle at her mangled teet, lest he go thirsty for another solemn hour; perhaps it will be the so-called 'STAT-MAN', this egregious sobriquet a mask for his true nature, for if he were given a title he had truly earned, it would be 'TWAT-MAN' instead of 'STAT-MAN' (this is Happy Face I am talking about in case YOU were wondering. No doubt YOU cannot cope with MY towering intellect and cannot fathom my simple and easy-to-follow points (the evidence for this need not be stated, for as of yet, YOU have not answered MY simple question)); perhaps it will be the so-called 'FISH-MAN', yet he resembles more A WORM, for he is an invertebrate coward, willing to plum depths not yet reached by the most immoral creatures on the face of the planet (asylum seekers/foreigners) in his desperate quest to prove ME wrong.

But then again, PERHAPS the past will repeat itself again, and my simple yet profound question will YET AGAIN go unanswered. I wonder which it will be?

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

:lol:

Fucking class.

He's gone into overdrive recently, and sadly it's prompted self-examination amongst some quality posters, with: 'why do I post here?' becoming the all too common refrain. Well for me, posts like that from KSA (amongst others) are why it's worth putting up with the old dickhead. You have to laugh at him. He posts utter, non stop and endless shite but there are always magnificently entertaining posters on hand to send it up for the bollocks it is.

TT always the only forum for NUFC.

we've bought 25m quid worth of players for 25m quid. I don't get you at all here. There is plenty of money left to attempt to go higher. Are you happy with 5th, is this your ultimate, or do you not agree that we could and should attempt to go higher ? Who says these players are worth more ? Who are they worth more to ? Mike Ashley, because you can bet that if any of them are sold it will not be the manager and the club who sees the money. Good business for Mike Ashley it may be......

I realise there are some people on this forum who are happy with 5th and think its the ultimate [obviously not the same people who booed the team the last time we only came 5th mind] but they appear to be largely non-matchgoers.

Seriously, as it has taken 5 years for some people to claim that I am wrong :lol: what is the problem with the reverse of this scenario ?

Fact is, it won't take 5 years for the club to go backwards from what is now its peak under the current approach, if they want to "progress" :lol: they will have to change it. My view is that they will not change their approach. It won't take 5 years for the club to start selling their best players for monetary reasons and the luck to run out, and despite what you are saying, I suspect you know this, like a few others who won't admit it either.

The majority will think its possible to move on while selling your best players and witholding the money from the manager and not backing him though. Hilarious.

Edited by LeazesMag

VERY WELL.

FiNaLlY iT iS tImE fOr ME to reveal to YOU MY Simples question.

Let's see who will answer it: perhaps the so-called accountant, a financial whizz-kid--OR SO ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT, if he weren't an utter shambles of a man; perhaps the so-called solicitor, with his 'ethics' and his 'morals' that he clings to like a fevered child clings to its mother's breast, desperate to suckle at her mangled teet, lest he go thirsty for another solemn hour; perhaps it will be the so-called 'STAT-MAN', this egregious sobriquet a mask for his true nature, for if he were given a title he had truly earned, it would be 'TWAT-MAN' instead of 'STAT-MAN' (this is Happy Face I am talking about in case YOU were wondering. No doubt YOU cannot cope with MY towering intellect and cannot fathom my simple and easy-to-follow points (the evidence for this need not be stated, for as of yet, YOU have not answered MY simple question)); perhaps it will be the so-called 'FISH-MAN', yet he resembles more A WORM, for he is an invertebrate coward, willing to plum depths not yet reached by the most immoral creatures on the face of the planet (asylum seekers/foreigners) in his desperate quest to prove ME wrong.

But then again, PERHAPS the past will repeat itself again, and my simple yet profound question will YET AGAIN go unanswered. I wonder which it will be?

Bloody hell, I am stunned, awed, flabberghasted, and over whelmed by your eloquence and towering intellect...................wots the question again? :rolleyes:

5th best :lol: Ahh, someone hit him round the head with irony stick.

so, as I have asked you, what will they do to consolidate it and "make progress" or qualify for europe rather more often than once every 5 years, with the 14th biggest revenues in football ? Thats assuming they still have the 14th biggest revenues in football ?

Many many years ago when I was twenty three,

I got married to a widow who was pretty as could be.

This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red.

My father fell in love with her, and soon the two were wed.

This made my dad my son-in-law and changed my very life.

My daughter was my mother, for she was my father's wife.

To complicate the matters worse, although it brought me joy,

I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy.

My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad.

And so became my uncle, though it made me very sad.

For if he was my uncle, then that also made him brother

To the widow's grown-up daughter who, of course, was my step-mother.

Father's wife then had a son, who kept them on the run.

And he became my grandson, for he was my daughter's son.

Who is my grandma?