Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing of any note in that article. Basically he doesn't really know what's going on with erdinc or Enrique, and we're looking at other targets. Well twang my thang.

Matuidi has the same agent as Erdinc which supposedly somehow complicates that deal (?). Idea is (was?) to pair him with Tiote allowing Cabaye and Ben Arfa to focus on creating for a lone front man.

Barnetta will only be signed if Barton leaves, which is unlikely. I'm fine with this.

Hierachy don't want N'Zogbia, Pardew does (sigh).

Oh and the club are demanding a minimum top 10 finish this coming season.

That's the interesting stuff he's reported.

That's hilarious. Top 10. As we sit, we are looking at bottom six, and assuming that other teams around that bottom third strengthen their squads before the season starts its more like bottom three. Mark my words, the squad we started the season with in 08/09 was better than we have now. And as for Pardew - (Mike's Marionette, Del-boy's Bitch) - he is an emasculated cockney nobody who will give us nothing and is capable only to learn his lines and move his lips.

Stevie that is probably the most needless negative post i have ever seen on this forum. Please advise me who of the teams that finished below us has strengthened more than us so far in the transfer window? Assuming thet are all going to strengthen is absolutely ludicrous. Its like saying I assume they are all gonna spend £50m and we are fucked when the reality is it aint gonna happen. Also, our squad is stronger with our signings to date than the end of last season with 4 incomings and one out going plus Ben Arfa returning from injury.

I am not saying we should be over the moon but predicting we are fucked when we have already done more than most if not all who finished below us last season is a pretty ludicrous point of view

Negative yes, needless possibly. But the facts...we've signed one player with PL experience and that is a handful of games - and he couldn't pass a medical elsewhere. Cabaye and Marveaux are extremely speculative. Rozenahl came with a good pedigree from the French league for fuck's sake...gone are Carroll, Nolan and probably Enrique, 3 of our best half dozen. Who knows if Ben Arfa will be any good? or Gosling? Shola, Xisco, Best etc etc - mediocrity at every turn! This is a squad with feet of sand, owned and run by the despicable Mike and Del-boy and managed by a man with no compelling credentials and already exposed as a lying toadie. Yeah, I guess I'm a bit negative...

Matuidi has the same agent as Erdinc which supposedly somehow complicates that deal (?). Idea is (was?) to pair him with Tiote allowing Cabaye and Ben Arfa to focus on creating for a lone front man.

Barnetta will only be signed if Barton leaves, which is unlikely. I'm fine with this.

Hierachy don't want N'Zogbia, Pardew does (sigh).

Oh and the club are demanding a minimum top 10 finish this coming season.

That's the interesting stuff he's reported.

That's hilarious. Top 10. As we sit, we are looking at bottom six, and assuming that other teams around that bottom third strengthen their squads before the season starts its more like bottom three. Mark my words, the squad we started the season with in 08/09 was better than we have now. And as for Pardew - (Mike's Marionette, Del-boy's Bitch) - he is an emasculated cockney nobody who will give us nothing and is capable only to learn his lines and move his lips.

Stevie that is probably the most needless negative post i have ever seen on this forum. Please advise me who of the teams that finished below us has strengthened more than us so far in the transfer window? Assuming thet are all going to strengthen is absolutely ludicrous. Its like saying I assume they are all gonna spend £50m and we are fucked when the reality is it aint gonna happen. Also, our squad is stronger with our signings to date than the end of last season with 4 incomings and one out going plus Ben Arfa returning from injury.

I am not saying we should be over the moon but predicting we are fucked when we have already done more than most if not all who finished below us last season is a pretty ludicrous point of view

Negative yes, needless possibly. But the facts...we've signed one player with PL experience and that is a handful of games - and he couldn't pass a medical elsewhere. Cabaye and Marveaux are extremely speculative. Rozenahl came with a good pedigree from the French league for fuck's sake...gone are Carroll, Nolan and probably Enrique, 3 of our best half dozen. Who knows if Ben Arfa will be any good? or Gosling? Shola, Xisco, Best etc etc - mediocrity at every turn! This is a squad with feet of sand, owned and run by the despicable Mike and Del-boy and managed by a man with no compelling credentials and already exposed as a lying toadie. Yeah, I guess I'm a bit negative...

so the answer is you can't actually name a team below us who have so far improved on our sqaud. Also Carrol left 7 months ago, he is no longer part of the equation and you are assuming enrique leaves which may or may not happen but at the end of the day our left back is not the biggest most important player in the squad! You can't assume that every player we buy will be mediocre, and then assume that we sell all our good players to try and uphold your argument when in fact the truth is you are being needlessly negative towards a situation which has not actually occured. If all fans had the same opinion what would the new boys have to play for as they are already classed as shite before they even kick a ball!

May I also remind you that David Ginola and Laurent Robert came from france and did ok!

It is a worry, but we will see how far it goes. If he had played him in the last few games of the season i would have thought immediately that he would be sold but for some reason i think we might keep him for one more season. If he does go we need to get daniel sturridge the other way for me!

Chelsea have inquired about Tiote according to the London Evening Standard.

;)

That's him gone then, and Ashley rubbing his hands at the fact we got him to sign a 5½ year contract in January.

:D

That's him gone then, and Ashley rubbing his hands at the fact we got him to sign a 5½ year contract in January.

Some talk about Parker going there on a year's loan too. Presumably that would mean we had Tiote for another 12 months ;)

Parker would be mad to do that the way he was treat when he was there

Chelsea would be the daft ones I reckon. Not good enough for where they want to be.

Edited by alex

;)

As much as I love Tiote (heck, his name is on the back of my kit), if we could use a deal like this to get Daniel Sturridge, I wouldn't have too much to complain about. However, as with everything this transfer window, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Edited by DragonFilet

;)

As much as I love Tiote (heck, his name is on the back of my kit), if we could use a deal like this to get Daniel Sturridge, I wouldn't have too much to complain about. However, as with everything this transfer window, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

He was probably the difference between a relatively comfortable survival and our being right in the shit / going down last season. His contribution was immense.

Alan Pardew: We won't panic during window

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Jul 13 2011

ALAN PARDEW has insisted Newcastle United will not be forced into panic buying in the remainder of the transfer window.

However, the Toon manager admitted he still has work to do when it comes to outgoing transfers before the window closes on August 31.

Those departures are not set to include Cheick Tiote, despite the Ivory Coast warrior being linked with a move to Chelsea today.

The Chronicle also understands the Magpies are not expected to make a move for released Wolfsburg man Karim Zian despite being linked with the Frenchman in the past.

And while there is an interest in Crystal Palace’s teenage right-back Nathan Clyne, United are yet to make a move for the youngster who is attracting Birmingham City’s attention.

Both Nile Ranger and Wayne Routledge have been told they have no future with the Magpies.

And they both could miss the trip to the United States next week as Pardew attempts to work with the nucleus of the squad he intends to carry him through the season.

Ranger has been linked with Blackpool and West Ham, while Routledge has attracted interest from Swansea, Leicester, Cardiff and Nottingham Forest.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “We’re looking at getting one or two more players in before the window closes, but we’ve also got a big squad.

“We need to move one or two on – that’s where we are.

“One or two players aren’t going to get the first-team action they deserve for the type of player they are.

“They’ll be better off getting first-team football elsewhere, be it on loan or permanently.”

Two players that United have held an interest in have moved on to new employers in the last 24 hours.

Carlton Cole, who United looked at on the day Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool, has joined Stoke City in a deal that could amount to £6m.

And Jay Bothroyd, who left Cardiff City on a Bosman this summer, has switched to Queens Park Rangers and will ply his trade at Loftus Road next season.

We do? ;)

Talking shite again :D

Can anyone find the comments from Pardew saying we need more players becuase we have a small squad?

"We just had to turn Messi down as we needed to find someone who wanted Ryan Taylor"

You cant sell your best players to finance other players. Sturridge would be great but I wouldnt sell Tiote to do it

Exactly.

Selling tiote would be the worst possible outcome of this transferr window. He's our best player and transforms the way we play.

Absolutely.

In my opinion he is our most important player, in turn making him our most valuable player and if Chelsea or anyone else came in with a 15mil bid i'd tell them to fuck off.

Carroll goes for 35mil, Henderson 20mil and so on....Tiote is worth 25mil for sure.

If a 25mil came in then that WOULD be extremely hard to turn down and i would imagine FMA would cash in.

I however see Tiote as far more important than Carroll ever was, he is the heart of our midfield, our team and how we play.

Then again Pardew could be thinking of playing Barton and Cabaye in the middle with Jonas and Marveaux on the wings. Would work but wouldnt be anywhere as effective as having Tiote in the side.

NOT FOR SALE. Simples.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6942541,00.html

"The squad this year was really small and that worried me. We didn't, of course, set out to lose at Stevenage, but maybe on reflection, that result didn't do us any harm in terms of getting a strong position in the league with the small squad we have."

From the end of last season (20th May). How anyone can defend these liars is beyond my ken.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6942541,00.html
"The squad this year was really small and that worried me. We didn't, of course, set out to lose at Stevenage, but maybe on reflection, that result didn't do us any harm in terms of getting a strong position in the league with the small squad we have."

From the end of last season (20th May). How anyone can defend these liars is beyond my ken.

I'm sure they'll manage somehow ;)