What mood are you in and why?

catmag

18 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Today is my last day as an employee, as at midnight tonight I will be officially retired 😀

Feels a bit weird tbh, but no more digging us out of a hole due to Indians fucking up software and yanks setting up worthless meetings with no accounting for time difference (which I decline anyway, but it grated a tad).

AND when go-live date of my ridiculously expensive project is imminent and shit’s hit the fan because something’s broken, no more accountants pestering me about “why haven’t you authorised that invoice for $5 yet” (which is the best bit to be leaving behind tbh).

Hope you enjoy it, TP! :good:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Hope you enjoy it, TP! :good:

I will, I intend to become a professional fucking lazy cunt 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Speak to Gemmill if you need any tips.

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Speak to Gemmill if you need any tips.

Good point, he’s probably got a handy spreadsheet to record and calculate all the laziness metrics. Would be good to have to make sure I don’t exceed my xL.

• Haha 2

Bored. Finally get a BH Monday and a fucking rain cloud decides to piss all over the NE all day. Got to get the kids out the house somehow so going bowling, fucking fifty quid for 2 games nowadays. What a shit country this is. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Bored. Finally get a BH Monday and a fucking rain cloud decides to piss all over the NE all day. Got to get the kids out the house somehow so going bowling, fucking fifty quid for 2 games nowadays. What a shit country this is. 

At least you're off! But aye, the weather has been grim, couldn't have picked a worse time to have been out of work when I was. 

On 31/03/2024 at 10:58, Toonpack said:

happy retirement mate!

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2024 at 10:58, Toonpack said:

That sounds a lot like being yer run of the mill jaded employed person tbf. Your free from that now. Enjoy retirement.

• Like 1

Have been seeing a therapist for coming up to a year and honestly it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've learned more about myself in the last year than I ever did in the preceding 46. 

As I've alluded to on here there has been some really difficult moments in that 12 months and a moment when everything nearly came to an abrupt end. I've learned how to manage myself, how to deal with those situations and how to introduce alcohol back into my life. I've made some tough calls along the way - people who add no value to me have been dispensed with. 

Finally I've learned a lot about what causes many of the negative emotions I experience. I understand what makes me angry about the world and am learning to be open about those things and look to heal. Bizarrely (to me, anyway!) one of the things that makes me really angry more than anything is what happened at Hillsborough all those years ago. None of the victims were anyone I know and I've got no affiliation to Liverpool FC but I'm as angry as if I would be if it had wiped out my whole family. I don't ever feel I had the right to be so furious about it, but apparently I do - it's relatable to a lot of deep-rooted challenges I have.

My advice to anyone struggling is to talk. To someone professionally and independently. If there's something in this age we live in that need significant profile increase it's the mental health agenda. What taking those relatively small steps can do is nothing short of remarkable, however difficult the journey may be along the way.

• Like 12

Nice one Craig. 

It takes courage to face what you’ve faced, and courage to be so open it when there is still, for whatever reason, a stigma attached to mental health issues. 

I’m over the moon for you mate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

I've made some tough calls along the way - people who add no value to me have been dispensed with. 

What are you doing on here for then? :whistling:

Only joking, I certainly know this place has been a blessing for me in the past. Unfortunately therapy made me feel much worse the two times I have tried it - probably because I had the wrong one and couldn't open up and the match wsn't right. Really glad therapy has helped you though mate and you're back from the abyss.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

What are you doing on here for then? :whistling:

Only joking, I certainly know this place has been a blessing for me in the past. Unfortunately therapy made me feel much worse the two times I have tried it - probably because I had the wrong one and couldn't open up and the match wsn't right. Really glad therapy has helped you though mate and you're back from the abyss.  

If at first it doesn't work, change and try something different. A lot of pent up anger in me is being explained thanks to nothing more than talking and someone taking the time to try and help me understand it. A lot for me goes back to having an older sibling who topped everything they ever tried to achieve in life. I'd reasoned at a very young age - definitely pre-school - that the yardstick was far out of reach and that I'd never reach those levels so resigned myself to always being 2nd or 3rd rate at everything I do.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Glad you're making progress Craig.  I hope you enjoyed seeing Leclerc win at the weekend.

Pleased for him, but totally given up on F1. It's boring as fuck these days. Something needs to change there and quickly. Liberty Media have NOT been good for F1.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Craig said:

Have been seeing a therapist for coming up to a year and honestly it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. I've learned more about myself in the last year than I ever did in the preceding 46. 

As I've alluded to on here there has been some really difficult moments in that 12 months and a moment when everything nearly came to an abrupt end. I've learned how to manage myself, how to deal with those situations and how to introduce alcohol back into my life. I've made some tough calls along the way - people who add no value to me have been dispensed with. 

Finally I've learned a lot about what causes many of the negative emotions I experience. I understand what makes me angry about the world and am learning to be open about those things and look to heal. Bizarrely (to me, anyway!) one of the things that makes me really angry more than anything is what happened at Hillsborough all those years ago. None of the victims were anyone I know and I've got no affiliation to Liverpool FC but I'm as angry as if I would be if it had wiped out my whole family. I don't ever feel I had the right to be so furious about it, but apparently I do - it's relatable to a lot of deep-rooted challenges I have.

My advice to anyone struggling is to talk. To someone professionally and independently. If there's something in this age we live in that need significant profile increase it's the mental health agenda. What taking those relatively small steps can do is nothing short of remarkable, however difficult the journey may be along the way.

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

• Like 2

Glad to hear it Craig. I see a therapist too, it's helped my depression massively, my anxiety is still an ongoing issue  which is of course a concern. And in being concerned about it, I get anxious and the whole merry dance starts again. :lol: 

I remember you not joining in with the abuse of the scousers and I genuinely thought there must be some familial tie, but it's really intriguing to hear it's linked to that disaster specifically and that you have more feelings tangled up in it. 

For me, apparently I have a huge huge hang up about food and that comes outin the way I eat, the way I fixate on certain dishes for a while then have an almost choleric reaction to it overnight, hoe I handle other people eating around me (I get properly triggered when my son doesn't eat properly, or if he dicks about at the table). Therapist says that's all linked to my bad relationship with my sister.

Anyway, it's good to hear that the help is helping. I'd definitely recommend therapy for everyone, even people who feel fine.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Glad to hear it Craig. I see a therapist too, it's helped my depression massively, my anxiety is still an ongoing issue  which is of course a concern. And in being concerned about it, I get anxious and the whole merry dance starts again. :lol: 

I remember you not joining in with the abuse of the scousers and I genuinely thought there must be some familial tie, but it's really intriguing to hear it's linked to that disaster specifically and that you have more feelings tangled up in it. 

For me, apparently I have a huge huge hang up about food and that comes outin the way I eat, the way I fixate on certain dishes for a while then have an almost choleric reaction to it overnight, hoe I handle other people eating around me (I get properly triggered when my son doesn't eat properly, or if he dicks about at the table). Therapist says that's all linked to my bad relationship with my sister.

Anyway, it's good to hear that the help is helping. I'd definitely recommend therapy for everyone, even people who feel fine.

My shocking relationship with predominately with my brother, but my family in general is apparently the deep roots as for mine.

As for Hillsborough - that threw me and was something that came out in a session. It's less about the specifics of what happen and more the treatment of the collective 'football fans' in the late 80s that angers me. Because people pulled on a football shirt and went to a match, they were automatically considered to be a problem - and it didn't matter what colour, creed, gender or age you were. We were all treated as second-rate citizens because of our interests. How fucking dare they!

Hillsborough could have happened anywhere and could have involved fans of any club. And the fact 35 years later we still have no-one held to account for it, despite the unreserved apology given by the government 12 years (yes, 12!!!) absolutely infuriates me. It is a national disgrace. 

• Like 7

I couldn’t watch the Jimmy McGovern tv film about Hillsborough. I started and it made me too upset and angry. Sorry to hijack this slightly, Craig. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Same with you, Fish. Please use this place for this sort of thing if helps you, everyone. Don’t bottle shit up. It’s bad for you. Even if it’s not here, speak to someone 

• Like 4

My best mate was a massive football fan in the 80s like a lot on here.  He's a Bradford fan and travelled up and down the country to watch them.  He was caught up in the Bradford fire.  Thankfully physically he was fine, but he still has some issues with that.  But he has a bigger issue with Hillsborough and it sounds similar to your issue Craig in terms of the treatment of fans as a whole.  He's not watched football really since the early 90s as a result.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I couldn’t watch the Jimmy McGovern tv film about Hillsborough. I started and it made me too upset and angry. Sorry to hijack this slightly, Craig. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Same with you, Fish. Please use this place for this sort of thing if helps you, everyone. Don’t bottle shit up. It’s bad for you. Even if it’s not here, speak to someone 

Absolutely Alex

I come on here and vent off, cunt this cunt that and genuinely have belly laughs at some of the posters on here and it helps a lot.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1