What mood are you in and why?

catmag

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I made it absolutely clear that 2 was enough. 

One main character, one spare in case the first one breaks.  :lol:

We had one of each so it became easier to agree on that being it. I was then instructed to get the snip which I had no issue with whatsoever, as I was fully done with having more kids :lol:. But even that doesn't stop the "I wish we'd had another one" coming up every once in a while, but it's fairly easily shot down with a bit of gentle gaslighting "well you shouldn't have made me get the snip then should you?"

• Haha 3

Just now, The Fish said:

I'm definitely open to the idea of getting neutered on the same day as the second comes into the world. Under no circumstances do I want a 3rd.

A puppy, for sure, but a person? God no.

See my previous post - I did this exact thing (not on the same day like) :lol:

Just now, Dazzler said:

We had one of each so it became easier to agree on that being it. I was then instructed to get the snip which I had no issue with whatsoever, as I was fully done with having more kids :lol:. But even that doesn't stop the "I wish we'd had another one" coming up every once in a while, but it's fairly easily shot down with a bit of gentle gaslighting "well you shouldn't have made me get the snip then should you?"

We don't know what flavour it is, and the usual "As long as it's healthy" caveats aside, I'd like a daughter. Complete the set, y'know? Plus the increased likelihood of my answering the door in pants, socks and a blood smeared butchers apron to greet her first boyfriend.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

See my previous post - I did this exact thing (not on the same day like) :lol:

I just gave the Mrs. a butt plug and a tube of KY. 

“ Call it practice, pet”

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We don't know what flavour it is, and the usual "As long as it's healthy" caveats aside, I'd like a daughter. Complete the set, y'know? Plus the increased likelihood of my answering the door in pants, socks and a blood smeared butchers apron to greet her first boyfriend.

As opposed to the postman and the Ocado driver like you do now.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

That's what I said when we were having the second. Then we had a daughter and you realise that as a man you are so fucking out of your depth it's unreal. It would be so much easier bollocking two brothers who are kicking the shit out of each other on a daily basis.

I'm lucky if I get a full sentence out of my son each day - he's much more my sort of people.

That being said my daughter is fucking hilarious, and has zero filter. She's like one of the kids from that film Mama - a fucking caveman in a little girl's body :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

That's what I said when we were having the second. Then we had a daughter and you realise that as a man you are so fucking out of your depth it's unreal. It would be so much easier bollocking two brothers who are kicking the shit out of each other on a daily basis.

I'm lucky if I get a full sentence out of my son each day - he's much more my sort of people.

That being said my daughter is fucking hilarious, and has zero filter. She's like one of the kids from that film Mama - a fucking caveman in a little girl's body :lol:

Are you me? 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

As opposed to the postman and the Ocado driver like you do now.

I don't wear the apron for them.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Are you me? 

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

I think it's the pain of any dad with daughters tbf. It'll be sound, kids are all the same deep down - but are they fuck. You just end up with a clone of the mam and get ganged up on - but also gain a shadow that says hilarious and often quite offensive things about the appearance of someone stood in front of you in a queue at Sainsbury's.

• Haha 2

One's one too much. ;)

This reminds me of this strip from my favourite cartoon of all time, Calvin and Hobbes. Apparently Bill Waterson a shit ton of hate mail for this, stupid fucking unhinged yanks. But there was always a touch of honesty in his cartoons. 

image.png.cfef671a7af084a19e91744e73a1fa21.png

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

How do you pronounce Hobbes then?  

Does it rhyme with knobs, robes or jobbies?

Knobs, obs.

The two protagonists are named after 16th century theologians/philosophers. Tch, do I have to teach you everything? 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Knobs, obs.

The two protagonists are named after 16th century theologians/philosophers. Tch, do I have to teach you everything? 

So another thing they shared with her contemporaries, Erasmus, Garfield and Micky Peanuts ?

• Haha 1

Sorry I’ve not read previous posts. 

my head has fell off recently, you all know I’ve been through the ringer with cancer and my family.

Our lass, due to get married in July, has had some abnormal blood results and waiting for a camera/scan. She’s 37 and the healthiest person I’ve ever met.

I’ve been here before and I’ve taken it worse than her, feels like I know what’s coming but trying to keep myself together

• Sad 6

55 minutes ago, strawb said:

my head has fell off recently, you all know I’ve been through the ringer with cancer and my family.

Our lass, due to get married in July, has had some abnormal blood results and waiting for a camera/scan. She’s 37 and the healthiest person I’ve ever met.

I’ve been here before and I’ve taken it worse than her, feels like I know what’s coming but trying to keep myself together

I hope you're overanalysing it, strawb. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I made it absolutely clear that 2 was enough. 

One main character, one spare in case the first one breaks.  :lol:

His Majesty has entered the conversation. 

Royal Family Drama GIF by PBS

6 hours ago, strawb said:

Fingers crossed, bud. My mother was in a similar boat recently and it turned out to be nothing. Only difference is that she now needs the same tests every 6 months as things need monitored on the off chance it happens again. Let’s hope it’s just that. Granted, my mother isn’t 37 but she is similarly healthy, never had any real health issues, no medication and it came after a routine test so I know how it can be a bit of a head bender. Hopefully it’s all good, brother 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, strawb said:

I hope it turns out to be nowt, strawb and that you aren't kept waiting too long to find out.

Don't disappear from here if it helps to have somewhere to anonymously vent in the meantime.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, strawb said:

Fingers crossed everything turns out well mate. 

I’ll echo what Gemmill said about using here as somewhere to vent. 

• Like 2

Echo what everyone else is saying Strawb mate. Hope it's nowt and you're overanalysing it.

Well, the newest member of the Fishy family was born today. 12:14, weighing a healthy 8lbs 11oz (3.94kg).

Baby Girl Fish seems pretty chill so far, but has a powerful set of lungs when riled. Hopefully get back home tomorrow. No way am I sleeping tonight, on a semi-comfortable chair in a ward of 4 newborns. Mrs Fish is spark out, so the little'un. 

NHS staff have been amazing. 

• Like 12

Just now, The Fish said:

Well, the newest member of the Fishy family was born today. 12:14, weighing a healthy 8lbs 11oz (3.94kg).

Baby Girl Fish seems pretty chill so far, but has a powerful set of lungs when riled. Hopefully get back home tomorrow. No way am I sleeping tonight, on a semi-comfortable chair in a ward of 4 newborns. Mrs Fish is spark out, so the little'un. 

NHS staff have been amazing. 

congrats Fish! 

• Like 1