What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I'm confused. Why? Confused by the multifaceted character that is Monkey's Fist: a man strong enough to run a successful business, but with the tender, delicate heart of a flower that weeps when he goes to a titty bar, lest he betray the trust of his concubine, when all the time she has been having a sub-contract with Bob.

I'm confused. Why? Confused by the multifaceted character that is Monkey's Fist: a man strong enough to run a successful business, but with the tender, delicate heart of a flower that weeps when he goes to a titty bar, lest he betray the trust of his concubine, when all the time she has been having a sub-contract with Bob.

:lol: Mega.

Bob loses his last contract, 3 months from now his wife leaves him, then his cat dies over the summer, by next winter he's living on the streets reduced to the life of a bum. More to life than money but not for poor Bob as he eventually commits suicide.

Bob loses his last contract, 3 months from now his wife leaves him, then his cat dies over the summer, by next winter he's living on the streets reduced to the life of a bum. More to life than money but not for poor Bob as he eventually commits suicide.

:lol:

5179327502_797ab751a8.jpg

I think its harsh to stab the bloke who set you up in the back.Is there something in the background causing him to lose his grip on things work wise? Will you be adding to his problems by doing this? If you're on reasonably friendly terms with him and have other work in any case its poor form iyam. The only way its justifiable is you and your mate are struggling for work and you know he's done the same to others , or if you could see a situation where he'd do it to you and your mate.Which I imagine is probably the case as as it can all be put down to "no friends in business" and everyone will understand. If not, it doesnt sound like your needing to take on any extra labour to do the contract i.e. no actual "wealth creation"/trickle down of income so it would appear you'd just be doing it to line your own pockets at the expense of someone who has helped you in the past. The world of business is nothing like this, i do understand that. But is it wise to shit on anyone you feel like, especially those who've helped you in the past?....

Bit of a dilemma- we ( my business) sub-contract a regular job from a guy( lets call him Bob). He has always told the client that we were his employees, which was annoying but we said nowt.

Today, the client called us aside after work and said they knew we were subbys, not a problem, they weren't happy with Bob and would we be interested in the contract if they couldn't resolve their issues with him.

We've been asked to submit a proposal for the contract, and reading between the lines, if we match or beat Bob's price, they have no intention of " resolving the issues"with him. . It's as good as ours.

Here's the dilemma- when we set up, Bob provided us with a fair amount of work, and although he has brought the issues on himself, we'd still feel a bit shit about taking the work. ( a bit like banging your mate's lass the night after she dumps him ).

The flipside to that is that over the last year , the amount of work Bob has brought us has reduced to , basically, this contract.

So, looks like he's going to lose it , we have been asked to quote it, if we get it , Bob will spit the dummy.

Thoughts lads ?

( I already know what we are gojng to do btw, just wondering if anyone has been in a similar scenario?)

Shawshank Redemption.

I think its harsh to stab the bloke who set you up in the back.Is there something in the background causing him to lose his grip on things work wise? Will you be adding to his problems by doing this? If you're on reasonably friendly terms with him and have other work in any case its poor form iyam. The only way its justifiable is you and your mate are struggling for work and you know he's done the same to others , or if you could see a situation where he'd do it to you and your mate.Which I imagine is probably the case as as it can all be put down to "no friends in business" and everyone will understand. If not, it doesnt sound like your needing to take on any extra labour to do the contract i.e. no actual "wealth creation"/trickle down of income so it would appear you'd just be doing it to line your own pockets at the expense of someone who has helped you in the past. The world of business is nothing like this, i do understand that. But is it wise to shit on anyone you feel like, especially those who've helped you in the past?....

I agree with this. Bit harsh to stab the bloke if he's being a big help in getting your own business up and running.

I would explain this to the contractor and also have a quiet word with Bob to see what the lay of the land is.

There has to be room in business for loyalty and trust amongst business friends. Who knows that this time next year, you are struggling and Bob is back to his best with contracts dripping from him.

Of course you know him and your business best of all.

Good luck in an unpleasant situation.

Listen Bob, it's over, and that's that.

Be careful, MF. Word could soon get round that Bob brought you in then you decided to undercut him and stole the work from under him and you could find that no one else will even consider you for sub work in the future.

The facts are these.

He's losing the contract, that has been made clear by the client.

If he loses it, we lose it.

We can't afford to 1) lose the work

2) not bid for it.

If we don't take it, someone else will.

We have arranged a meeting to tell him the full story, thereby giving him the opportunity to rectify his relationship with the client, and will make it clear that we will be happy to carry on with the status quo if he can.

We will also make it clear that if he loses it, we will be bidding.

Can't really be fairer than that. We haven't stabbed in the back, we were approached by the client, not the other way round.

It would be the easiest thing in the world to keep schtum and move in once he's lost it, but that's not what we are going to do.

Hence my original post re. a dilemma.

We asked ourselves what we'd expect if the tables were turned, and will act accordingly.

I will also read a eulogy when he tops himself ( Chez & KSA).

Edited by Monkeys Fist

*grumble* did something stupid while making tea, resulting in steam burning my hand

Could are "attack/disaster/zombies" first aid kit be found, of course not, could my grandas old world war german medical kit be found, of course.

so i've had to use pad+bandage from it instead of something cheap from tescos, things probably worth a fortune on ebay.

It probably is! Trip to Boots in the morning for melonin or other burn dressings please, Mr M.

Apply natural yoghurt onto the burnt area. It's very cheap, less than £1 per tub if you get ASDA price stuff. Last summer I fell asleep in the sun for 2 hours and my entire body was crisp as a duck, I rubbed natural yoghurt all over my body at regular intervals.

Careful you don't use that Onken wholegrain stuff by mistake though. You'll have bits up all your bits.

Best treatment for a burn is cold water then to wrap it in cling film immediately. Unless your skin is utterly fucked. Might still be worth trying.

this but my nan used to put baking soda on it before that

Edited by Idioteque