What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Well it wasn't for me big cock. :lol:

It was the honeymoon tbf. Although admittedly it was ridiculous. I woke up the day after we'd booked it and had horrific buyer's remorse.

I'm in a bit of a mixed mood - I've been suffereing with a bit of man flu for a couple of weeks and then was struck down on Sunday night by a gout atack - the first one I've had for four years and only the second in about the last fifteen - it reached its peak last night and now is on the way to subsiding but that's meant the cold has decided to have another go. This has meant I've been working from home the last three days and so I've dipped a toe (probably the one that's okay and not the inflamed monstrosity on my other foot) back into the job market and have already had 3 or 4 conversations with my favourite people - recruitment agents.

I've decided to include a possible return to contracting this time around which if it works out will at least mean the probablility of some Europa league trips.

Shit scared. Offer accepted on a proper house and not selling our existing flats.

Risky business becoming one of the despised landlords that overstretch and cause so much financial distress.

Shit scared. Offer accepted on a proper house and not selling our existing flats.

Risky business becoming one of the despised landlords that overstretch and cause so much financial distress.

Easy money as long as you are letting in a decent area to decent people.

Best tip is to have a list of trades who will help you out at short notice. IE When you get a call on a Sunday night saying the electricity has gone off and they are wanting an emergency call out there and then.

Also, dont be fooled into letting an estate agent "manage" it. Simply let them find and credit check / reference the tennents for a one off negotiated fee and then tell them to fuck off.

Ouch. I got a 95% mortgage 4 years ago and I would just about break even atm

Think my place is around half what I paid for it. Bosh. Investing like a boss.

knackered

second week of my first real job, getting up early and actually doing things every day is totally wiping me out after being a student for so long :lol:

its great though, wouldn't want to be doing anything else :D

knackered

second week of my first real job, getting up early and actually doing things every day is totally wiping me out after being a student for so long :lol:

its great though, wouldn't want to be doing anything else :D

Although that post is ripe for a piss take from an old sweat I do remember doing a weeks work experience at Ramage's haulage where me and this other kid from my school basically got conned into handballing tins of fucking tinned pork off wagons all week and then walked three mile home every night in winter. I was nearly in tears every morning of that week, like! :lol:

What do you do?

Although that post is ripe for a piss take from an old sweat I do remember doing a weeks work experience at Ramage's haulage where me and this other kid from my school basically got conned into handballing tins of fucking tinned pork off wagons all week and then walked three mile home every night in winter. I was nearly in tears every morning of that week, like! :lol:

What do you do?

billy-mitchell.jpg

What do you do?

Game Designer for a studio in Manchester, its what I've been studying to do and I've somehow landed a job on the strength of my portfolio before I'd even graduated

its hardly tinned pork but the sleep patterns been an adjustment ( :P ) and commuting's a bit of a pain

I've been incredibly lucky to get this though and its really enjoyable, all I hoped it would be while studying so far

Game Designer for a studio in Manchester, its what I've been studying to do and I've somehow landed a job on the strength of my portfolio before I'd even graduated

its hardly tinned pork but the sleep patterns been an adjustment ( :P ) and commuting's a bit of a pain

I've been incredibly lucky to get this though and its really enjoyable, all I hoped it would be while studying so far

Well good for you.

I'll be honest with you, 16 years of mainly twelve hour shifts, night and day have taken it's toll and I'd love to do something different. If you like what you do it really must be half the battle.

Easy money as long as you are letting in a decent area to decent people.

Best tip is to have a list of trades who will help you out at short notice. IE When you get a call on a Sunday night saying the electricity has gone off and they are wanting an emergency call out there and then.

Also, dont be fooled into letting an estate agent "manage" it. Simply let them find and credit check / reference the tennents for a one off negotiated fee and then tell them to fuck off.

I've been letting mine directly for a year already now and the fella is mint. A tradesman himself and I've not heard from him once. He's carpeted, plastered, fitted cupboards and everything. Place looks twice as good as when I moved out. It'll be a sad day when he goes.

Just need to ask if he has any mates that want to rent hers :D