What mood are you in and why?

catmag

I would but my work operates a 3 strike policy where you get a verbal warning and mandatory counselling if your off, regardless of the reason or doctor's note. At the same time they insist you take time off if you have a communicable illness. I've already had 2 days off this financial year. The grief my colleague is getting because he has a serious heart condition is unreal.

Jesus...thats appalling. You work for a local health board don't you?...I'd say thats ironic, but its really not funny. Have people ripped the arse out of their sickness system before then?...

Aye, I work for the NHS! Over the last couple of years HR have become arseholes. I'd rather infect the patients than face counselling. It's not s joke for my colleague like, the last HR letter he got upset him to the extent he had an angina attack. Morale could be better......

I would but my work operates a 3 strike policy where you get a verbal warning and mandatory counselling if your off, regardless of the reason or doctor's note. At the same time they insist you take time off if you have a communicable illness. I've already had 2 days off this financial year. The grief my colleague is getting because he has a serious heart condition is unreal.

ewwwwwh. go home half way through they day. they can't give you grief if everyone can see how sick you are and you've made the effort to come in despite being unwell, surely?

Guest CabayeAye

No wonder MRSA is rife. Stupid twats. If one of my blokes turns up for work ill, I send him home before everyone ends up ill. No man is indispensable, and if someone is, the management need to sort out division of responsibilities.

*Edit*

Although I haven't been off sick in years, you fucking poof! ;)

Edited by CabayeAye

Guest CabayeAye

Nah, just do illicit taxi cabbing. You can make a nice side in dealing coke too that way. Just carry a gun in your footwell in case anyone tries to fuck you over.

Surely that requires a fair bit of cash to get set up though?

Does require some cash but if you are facing a bones of the arse situation then usually you can find a way to get it. relative etc.

If he has a car already then its a few hundred for taxi test and first months insurance and your good to go basically.

Grumpy: --- Wifes snoring has kept me awake most of the night.

Frustrated: --- Every time I post its taking around 1 minute to post the post.

Thankful: --- Had one of those dreams last night where a child dies. Remember in the dream bedding God to change things then woke up and it was all a dream :unsure2: Church on Sunday?

:lol:

Having a great day off so far. An hour in a chidlrens play centre completed, (Beats any gym workout) and the moving oldest daughter and a van full of belongings, from storage to new house.

Hopefully I will still be in a state to make pub night. Which after working like God knows what for the last 4 days, Im really looking forward too.

Also a new wireless router has arrived from O2 and is staring at me, daring me to take him on and install it. Im very tempted but just know it will probably end in tears and no internet for a week or so. :lol:

Sorry to hear that, best of luck with your search. What are you looking for?

Cheers mate (and CT and Brock). What I am looking for is admin or bar work as I have most experience is these areas. I'm only 23, and given the current employment climate, I'm going to have to hit the 'career move' on the head for the time being unfortunately as the jobs I'd ideally love to do and am most qualified for (i.e. in publishing) are just completely closed doors at the minute. Call centre work is probably where I'm going to get something :/

Edited by ADP