What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Cheers all, thinking about grabbing a train up north tomorrow but there's not much I can actually do/say at the moment

Jill, If you were to lose your job, would you look for other stuff along a similar vein, or would you fancy something entirely different? Or even the same kind of thing just in a different city?

I think I'd want to do something totally different. I've ended up where I am completely by accident. I have been giving thought to going for voluntary (currently at the stage where they're asking) but being realistic I've never had any other job (been here since I was 18) and I have a mortgage to pay so I couldn't take the first step in going off into a random other career.

Obviously if I'm forced out, then I'll assess the situation then.

I think I'd want to do something totally different. I've ended up where I am completely by accident. I have been giving thought to going for voluntary (currently at the stage where they're asking) but being realistic I've never had any other job (been here since I was 18) and I have a mortgage to pay so I couldn't take the first step in going off into a random other career.

Obviously if I'm forced out, then I'll assess the situation then.

My vote goes on a career as a Matador

Got a toothache so pissed off/apprehensive about the pain to come.

I accept I haven't done that good a job of looking after them as there are a few gaps at the back but if this is the one I think I'll need a bridge or a denture.

Could do with implants but that will have to go on hold pending my intended return to contracting this year.

Got a toothache so pissed off/apprehensive about the pain to come.

I accept I haven't done that good a job of looking after them as there are a few gaps at the back but if this is the one I think I'll need a bridge or a denture.

Could do with implants but that will have to go on hold pending my intended return to contracting this year.

Am in same boat, but my dentist also wants 400 to fit a fuckin crown...says that if I need a bridge or similar this one will have to be saved :(

I used go have a dentist plan at my previous place and it was worth it for things like crowns as the nhs ones are basic in terms of materials/look.

I always opted for the nhs price on extractions as theres no benefit.

Bit odd some prices. My local dentist in East Boldon simply charges the normal NHS bands 1,2 and 3. Why anyone would want to go to a dentist that rips them off seems odd.

Because not everyone can get access to an NHS dentist?

Easy enough to get dentists/doctors appointments here never understand why it's such an issue over there.

Maybe where you're at. I was very lucky to get registered with an NHS dentist here but I had to call three times this afternoon before I got to talk to anyone and even then it was ten weeks before I could get an appointment.

Maybe where you're at. I was very lucky to get registered with an NHS dentist here but I had to call three times this afternoon before I got to talk to anyone and even then it was ten weeks before I could get an appointment.

Last week I broke my tooth and was treated using my private plan the same day. For 15 a month I'd say it's worth it, it's not like the nhs is free anyway.

Grand. Sat in my hotel bed (Lord Haldon in Exeter, dead fancy). It's the mrs' friend's wedding day and we're heading down there in half an hour.

Never been to a wedding before!

Love Weddings. The last year was one after the other and all close enough that getting there was cheap/easy. This year there's only one but it's on the Isle of Mann. We're staying in the dorms of a private school (apparently it's one they used for some of the Harry Potter scenes) so the accommodation is covered, but getting there isn't cheap or easy. Pity my mate though, his brother is getting married at the end of the year, in Australia.