What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Sounds horrible that HMHM. Hope everything is fine with your wife's test results and you acted tremendous in what was a horrible situation. :)

Bloody hell, hope she makes a full and swift recovery. Well done for keeping your cool and acting quickly.

Let us know how she gets on.

christ HMHM. scary stuff. glad to hear everything ok.

i'm in a slightly anxious mood myself. mrs and the bairn are both currently at home sick with the noro virus. i wanted to stay at home and look after them but had stuff to sort at the office. feel bad about not being there for them, also feeling guilty for being here as there's every chance i'm carrying the virus and infecting other people. i don't have any symptoms myself so couldn't really justify not coming in when i had stuff to do and might be lucky enough to escape the fun and games that go with it - touch wood. horrible seeing the bairn not being able to hold anything down. funny how resilient little uns are though. he's puking up bile and all floppy one minute then bright as a button asking for cars on the ipad the next.

our house has a nice puke aroma hanging around the place at the moment

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just popped to school and asked if I could see the girls and reassure them all is well as they haven't seen us since yesterday and didn't want them worrying. My Dad would've told them that 'Mammy' was back home and seemed ok but it would've sounded better coming from me. Gave them a big hug and told them how proud I was of them as they came back to the house later on and sorted their school uniform and got their school stuff with their Granny.

I was trying to get some recognition from the Mrs as she was lying there but she was just looking at me blankly and couldn't get any words out and as I was talking to her I was just thinking she's going to be like this for the rest of her life, when her lips went blue/black I was telling her to try to breathe if she could in a calm manner for her and my girls sake but was thinking inside 'if he doesn't breathe in thirty seconds she's going to die in front of our kids' and all sorts of crap like that was running through my head, all the time the little'un was screaming and I was trying trying to talk to the 999 operator but was ignoring her at times as I wanted to get some signs of recognition from my Wife. I was just relieved when she got some colour back in her face and she then started to come in and out of awaeness although she was struggling to speak. When she came properly to the relief was immense. She's tired now and a bit bruised from the fall but seems ok. Thanks for the well wishes, just wanted to get it off my chest as it was a bit of a shock.

By the way, I wouldn't have a clue what to do if someone collapsed in front of me. Which is scary in itself. Should really do something about that.

Call for help before you do anything else - phone an ambulance or get someone else to do it & make sure there's a door open so they can get in. Check ABC - Airway (whether they're choking on something) Breathing and Circulation (if they have a pulse) If they're breathing then put them in the recovery position, basically on their side with their chin up to keep the airway open and reassure them. If they're fitting don't try to restrain them, just make sure they're not going to hurt themselves on anything around them. If they're not breathing/have no pulse then start CPR. Think of the Vinnie Jones advert - the new Resus Council guidelines state that maintaining circulation is more important than rescue breaths so "Press (hard) on the sovereign to the tune of Staying Alive" and keep doing it til the ambulance comes.

Call for help before you do anything else - phone an ambulance or get someone else to do it & make sure there's a door open so they can get in. Check ABC - Airway (whether they're choking on something) Breathing and Circulation (if they have a pulse) If they're breathing then put them in the recovery position, basically on their side with their chin up to keep the airway open and reassure them. If they're fitting don't try to restrain them, just make sure they're not going to hurt themselves on anything around them. If they're not breathing/have no pulse then start CPR. Think of the Vinnie Jones advert - the new Resus Council guidelines state that maintaining circulation is more important than rescue breaths so "Press (hard) on the sovereign to the tune of Staying Alive" and keep doing it til the ambulance comes.

Doesn't "Another one bites the dust" have the same timing?

Just sayin'

Feeling cautiously optimistic as I head towards the 9,000 word mark of my 10,000 word dissertation. Hoping for a complete first draft by Wednesday..

Sovereign?

Honestly, the time I wasted logging on to youtube to get the Bee Gees 7" version and not a re-mix. Did they not realise there was an emergency? (Of course I had a look at 'Keegan's Kingdom' as well while I was on, I almost forgot why I went on for 'staying alive' to be honest). :whistling:

Honestly, the time I wasted logging on to youtube to get the Bee Gees 7" version and not a re-mix. Did they not realise there was an emergency? (Of course I had a look at 'Keegan's Kingdom' as well while I was on, I almost forgot why I went on for 'staying alive' to be honest). :whistling:

:lol:

All the best mate.

Aye, she's already had a blood, urine, ECG test as well as an X-ray. We'll be going back for some other tests to see if it could be epilepsy for example. They think she's had a seizure but sometimes people can just have them and it never happen again, this actually happened to an old workmate about ten years ago and they never did find a cause. If it isn't something obvious then they don't seem to worry about it as they they think it may never happen again.

It could be easier working out what it isn't than what it is.

Edited by Howmanheyman

Oh aye, you joke about it now! ;)

You're right about it sometimes being a one-off. It can sometimes be caused by a virus and might never happen again. Fingers crossed that if there IS a problem that they pick it up and it's easily treated. You can do without wondering if and when it may happen again.

Oh aye, you joke about it now! ;)

You're right about it sometimes being a one-off. It can sometimes be caused by a virus and might never happen again. Fingers crossed that if there IS a problem that they pick it up and it's easily treated. You can do without wondering if and when it may happen again.

The exact same thing happened to my dad at work and it turned out to be a virus that had impacted his liver to be the course of it.

Was horrible hearing him say he thought that was it for him. So I don't know what I would have done if I was in your situation HMHM.