What mood are you in and why?

catmag

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

That too.

Now, find us a place for some spiffing Eggs Benedict at the weekend, there's a good chap.

http://www.altrinchammarket.co.uk/ ?

Dunno if they do eggs benedict, because I haven't checked, because I don't like eggs, because eggs are a chicken's period.

Oh, where are you actually staying?

Edited by The Fish

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

http://www.altrinchammarket.co.uk/ ?

Dunno if they do eggs benedict, because I haven't checked, because I don't like eggs, because eggs are a chicken's period.

Oh, where are you actually staying?

I'm staying knutsdeep in Knutsford. Anyway, that looks suitably hipster. I'm sold.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Cheshire wife central round there, innit? 

Aye, lots of trophy wives driving white Range Rover Evoques, with a tiny dog in a massive hand bag.

11 hours ago, The Fish said:

I've heard nothing but criticism of the Metro recently. Used to be a great, free, mass transit system for Newcastle, but not long after hooking up to Sunderland it's gone to shit.

My mate works on it. Reckons it's been falling into disrepair for years and only the last couple of years has there been any serious plans for a massive overhaul with some finances secured for 20 years. Reckons it was close to closing down in the near future without it. Guess Tyne & Wear public transport not as important as other places and systems elsewhere?

28 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

My mate works on it. Reckons it's been falling into disrepair for years and only the last couple of years has there been any serious plans for a massive overhaul with some finances secured for 20 years. Reckons it was close to closing down in the near future without it. Guess Tyne & Wear public transport not as important as other places and systems elsewhere?

The rolling stock is getting on 40 years old but was only designed for 30. It's bespoke so getting replacement parts is difficult. Basically the trains are held 

together by gaffer tape. 

I've heard they want to replace the trains with some shitty off the shelf trains like Manchester's metrolink. Expect them to be a lot less comfortable than presently. Even then the government won't fund replacements except through PFI, which will cost a fortune . That model isn't countenanced in London,  where transport expenditure per capita is more than ten times the NE.

Oh, found out today my metro pass has gone up 16%. My pay has gone up 1%. Fucking cock knockers.

10 hours ago, Renton said:

The rolling stock is getting on 40 years old but was only designed for 30. It's bespoke so getting replacement parts is difficult. Basically the trains are held 

together by gaffer tape. 

I've heard they want to replace the trains with some shitty off the shelf trains like Manchester's metrolink. Expect them to be a lot less comfortable than presently. Even then the government won't fund replacements except through PFI, which will cost a fortune . That model isn't countenanced in London,  where transport expenditure per capita is more than ten times the NE.

Oh, found out today my metro pass has gone up 16%. My pay has gone up 1%. Fucking cock knockers.

Metrolink isn't particularly comfortable like. It is reliable, cheap and clean though.

• 3 weeks later...

My wallet feels heavier thanx to a pompous bloke from "Adelaide"! Came into the bar with a righteous attitude and left without his lighter. Found it while sweeping. Took it to have it appraised and as soon as they offered me sixteen bills, I almost snapped their hand off.