What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Tom, I've not been able to reply to your PM cos this stupid iPad won't let me. I can reply to posts on the main board but not PM's for some reason. Anyway, yes you can take your arm out of the sling and support it on a cushion but try to keep it elevated - fingers higher than elbow, to try and reduce the swelling.

Thanks Cath!

The swellings come right down overnight so I guess now I've got to wait till Monday to see any damage as it still knacks! As above with Kevin hoping nothings broken, I doubt it is though.

Her indoors is away for the week with my sister and my cousin. So I've banged in a week off meself, got plenty of green. Can't wait. :lol:

We Need to add 'The Jonny2J Experience' as a sub forum on the board. :lol:

Is it your fretting hand, Tom? Lad at work broke his scafoid in exactly the same way and it took him ages to get back to playing the guitar.

On the other hand, wanking will feel like somebody else is doing it.... allegedly. :lol:

Is it your fretting hand, Tom? Lad at work broke his scafoid in exactly the same way and it took him ages to get back to playing the guitar.

Unfortunately it is. I'm not really going to know till monday, I've been playing so long I imagine I should be able to come back relatively quickly if not I'm going to buy myself a Lap Steel guitar - like the one Pink Floyd use a lot on Dark Side Of the Moon. I've been toying with the idea for ages so I might just have an excuse.

We'll see how it goes - a month off the guitar in any circumstances can be good just to get certain muscles back to normal after playing guitar too much I imagine but that might be me desperate for a CT spin. :lol:

Took him about a year but he had to go for surgery to get it pinned, and he reckons they fucked it up cos it's still giving him bother when he plays golf. Hopefully yours isn't a break and if it is it's nowt like his.

Can everyone not just cheer the fuck up!!!

Just for a little bit.

Brave faces

Mammys little soldiers

I feel like slashing my wrists today ffs (and no I wont before you all start) :lol:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Was your doctor a fox aswell? the main doctor was hot, so was her 3 assistants, 2 holding my arm 1 way, the hot doctor pulling the wrist out of the socket and sticking it back in. and the other just standing looking.

When i jumped up on the bed thingy i took a cramp in my leg, felt like a right dick :lol:

Mmmm assburgers.

What exactly is Aspergers, Tom?

Aspergers Syndrome - its linked to Autism. People with Aspbergers tend to have normal development of language, learning, memory etc (many people with Aspergers are very intelligent with high IQ levels), but the ability to develop social skills/behaviour, form relationships and recognise facial emotional expressions is impared and social situations can be very uncomfortable. Other traits are hyper sensitivity to touch, physical clumsiness, and intense interests in subjects to name but a few.

It doesn't mean that its impossible for people with Aspergers to have developed social skills, but where as it normally comes naturally, people with Aspergers have to learn how to do it, and put some effort into social tasks that are natural for anyone else.

For some people with Aspergers, its very debilitating and they're going to need constant or at least monitored care or supervision their whole lives. Fortunately, I'm what's called 'Highly Functioning', which means that for all that I find these things hard, I can get by in day to day life. I can look after myself normally, hold down a job etc. Only people think that I'm a bit odd, shy and pedantic.

Its a bit like when you're a teenager and your paranoid and think that everyone thinks you're a freak or wierd, and you're not sure how to act etc.

There's loads of things I could add, but I'd be here all night.

Mmmm assburgers.

What exactly is Aspergers, Tom?

Aspergers Syndrome - its linked to Autism. People with Aspbergers tend to have normal development of language, learning, memory etc (many people with Aspergers are very intelligent with high IQ levels), but the ability to develop social skills/behaviour, form relationships and recognise facial emotional expressions is impared and social situations can be very uncomfortable. Other traits are hyper sensitivity to touch, physical clumsiness, and intense interests in subjects to name but a few.

It doesn't mean that its impossible for people with Aspergers to have developed social skills, but where as it normally comes naturally, people with Aspergers have to learn how to do it, and put some effort into social tasks that are natural for anyone else.

For some people with Aspergers, its very debilitating and they're going to need constant or at least monitored care or supervision their whole lives. Fortunately, I'm what's called 'Highly Functioning', which means that for all that I find these things hard, I can get by in day to day life. I can look after myself normally, hold down a job etc. Only people think that I'm a bit odd, shy and pedantic.

Its a bit like when you're a teenager and your paranoid and think that everyone thinks you're a freak or wierd, and you're not sure how to act etc.

There's loads of things I could add, but I'd be here all night.

They tend to be very odd/illegal

Just been reading more in to it and scary how every sentence is true. We all have a specific interest in one topic and could teach a class at a degree level on that certain topic. SO TRUE

Edited by WordPlay