What mood are you in and why?

catmag

The only thing that gets me out of those moods is getting away from everybody. I'll basically "treat" myself for a bit. Maybe buy myself a gadget or clothes or whatever, maybe have a nice dinner. But there's no hard and fast rule.

Chin up mate, the game against the mackems will hopefully drag you out of your mood, either by filling you with joy, or rage.

Ah am areet nuw just woke up in a cunt of a mood, and I couldn't put my finger on why. Happens sometimes twice a month.

Fuck that shit, hand your notice in Renty baby, get some more gardening leave and fix up the rest of you windows with stained glass beauties!

Fuck that shit, hand your notice in Renty baby, get some more gardening leave and fix up the rest of you windows with stained glass beauties!

More leave is actually an option in 3 months.

Funny thing is this job should be made for me, but regular hours, shirt and ties, PC atmosphere, and blocked internet just isn't my kind of thing. I suspected it at the time and now I know it that my previous job was about as good as it gets. I actually liked working, almost looked forward to it. How do people manage working a job where they don't like going in? It's most my waking hours ffs. ;)

You've only been there one day, maybe it'll pick up.

Yeah, I know. But this thread is about your present mood, and why. My prospects are actually much better than a year ago so fingers crossed and all that, just miss my old mates.

Started a new job today. Completely forgot how shit work is. I have to wear a shirt and tie and I'm not allowed to work from home either. Rats' cocks. ;)

Snap - though the tie stays at home from tomorrow and remote access will be possible.

Funny being somewhere where things are happening and people have things to do after how much the previous place had turned to shit. Of course I hadn't been fully set up on the systems so its nice to see how IT production uselessness is universal.

Only dodgy thing is its one of those "let's all stay to 6:30/7:00 just to prove how dedicated we are" - don't mind it for a while but I'll migrate to my 5:00 bell soon.

Started a new job today. Completely forgot how shit work is. I have to wear a shirt and tie and I'm not allowed to work from home either. Rats' cocks. ;)

Snap - though the tie stays at home from tomorrow and remote access will be possible.

Funny being somewhere where things are happening and people have things to do after how much the previous place had turned to shit. Of course I hadn't been fully set up on the systems so its nice to see how IT production uselessness is universal.

Only dodgy thing is its one of those "let's all stay to 6:30/7:00 just to prove how dedicated we are" - don't mind it for a while but I'll migrate to my 5:00 bell soon.

I fucking hate that attitude.

Fuck. That. Shit.

Never understood people doing that, and for free too! Bulls knackers.

I fucking hate that attitude.

My view is that bosses should think if you can't get your work done in 7.5/8 hours then you're fucking useless.

I spent almost the whole of 2007 doing it (and more) out of complete necessity to get a huge project done and I got absolutely no credit for it when it came to bonus/pay rise - since then I've just thought I'd rather leave on time having done a decent shift and if that supposedly costs me a couple of grand then fuck them - Id rather have the time back.

Last company I was at I was staying until 20:00-21:00 for knack all. I had my stuff to do, but because people were off sick all the time or just leaving and leaving stuff undone I had to get it done. The gaffers attitude was "Do more hours" So, I left.

I speak to people there now and its still the same. Fucking boils my piss.

New company, Ive been here a year and most OT Ive done is 2 hours in one week. Its champion ;)

You have to set your stall out early doors and make sure people know that if there's work to be done, you don't mind staying but that you aren't gonna stay for the sake of it.

I work in a team that has a bit of a long hours culture and do the above. It definitely has an impact when it comes to appraisals and that, but in a company with a ridiculously uncertain long term future there is zero point in trying to score brownie points with late nights.

Love the way that's always blamed on IT like. I can't speak for other organisations but at ours, the main problem is that the employee number is used as the login ID (an HR decision, NOT an IT one).

Conversely that means that we cannot create a new user account until HR have informed us what the employee number is. Only they refuse to generate that number until the day the person actually starts (i.e. so they don't generate an emp no. for someone who thinks "fuck it, i'll not bother turning up" which happens more than I thought).

Result being the new starter doesn't get handed their login details until midway through the morning of their first day. Then most secondary logins have to be created after that a lot of them rely on active directory.

Be fucking wonderful to live in a world whereby we flick a switch and the job is done - not in the least bit realistic though.

Love the way that's always blamed on IT like. I can't speak for other organisations but at ours, the main problem is that the employee number is used as the login ID (an HR decision, NOT an IT one).

Conversely that means that we cannot create a new user account until HR have informed us what the employee number is. Only they refuse to generate that number until the day the person actually starts (i.e. so they don't generate an emp no. for someone who thinks "fuck it, i'll not bother turning up" which happens more than I thought).

Result being the new starter doesn't get handed their login details until midway through the morning of their first day. Then most secondary logins have to be created after that a lot of them rely on active directory.

Be fucking wonderful to live in a world whereby we flick a switch and the job is done - not in the least bit realistic though.

Don't give me your excuses bloody IT punkawallah, just get it fucking sorted ;)