Daily Mail banned from SJP

Kevin

BTW I have little doubt that where some are concerned, their pre-conceived opinions of the Daily Mail have help ease their decision to back the club in this instance.

If it was George Culkin or Henry Winter who'd been banned I think we may have seen a somewhat different approach from many.

Contraversial maybe, but my point still stands.

and nobody yet has answered my comment re banning the Guardian.........so yes I agree with you.

I think peoples preexisting hate for MA is causing them to be a bit too angry about this

FWIW I like it and hope that other clubs follow suit, no excuse for printing stories that knowingly put the WC bid, which is great for the country, ont just at risk but basically ensuring they fail

the mail is a god awful rag, probably the worst paper in the country and the triesmen sting was despicable.

is it the club's place to ban them from the ground on the back of it and release another ridiculous statement. i'm not sure.

i feel like writing a richard littlejohn column whenever i read a statement from one of ashley's cronies - "you couldn't make it up"

BTW I have little doubt that where some are concerned, their pre-conceived opinions of the Daily Mail have help ease their decision to back the club in this instance.

If it was George Culkin or Henry Winter who'd been banned I think we may have seen a somewhat different approach from many.

and nobody yet has answered my comment re banning the Guardian.........so yes I agree with you.

The Guardian has certainly been more active in slating Newcastle United and in particular its supporters. Maybe the regime will ban them as well.

If they're that bothered, like.

The action is totally different to that of Lineker as well IMO. He resigned, citing that he found it would be hypocritcal of him to accept a salary from an institution that he felt had "seriously damaged England's 2018 World Cup chances" for which he is an ambassador.

What we've done is banned their reporters from entering the ground and, unless it's something personal about Ashley, I can't get my head around why. It's not going to stop them writing about us - all it'll achieve is more mis-informed bollocks with a massive negative undertone in much the same vein that we're all moaning about from The Guardian - how is that in any shape or form doing the club any good?

No reporter of The Sun is banned from Anfield BTW. I doubt many, if any, turn up but there is a club with just reason to ban a publication of the press but who decide to go about their business and let the general contempt for the paper do the hard work for them.

The initial ban for slagging Ashley (presumably) is pathetic, however I'd echo those who say this taking a stand on the Triesman thing is actually pretty good.

The initial ban for slagging Ashley (presumably) is pathetic, however I'd echo those who say this taking a stand on the Triesman thing is actually pretty good.

It comes across as pathetic to me. The Mail is a scummy paper, but it's funny how I never heard a peep from NUFC when it's supporters get routinely slagged by all and sundry.

The Guardian has certainly been more active in slating Newcastle United and in particular its supporters. Maybe the regime will ban them as well.

If they're that bothered, like.

only because of Louise Taylor, a mackem, who has done most of the slating. And yet, people can't take their attention away from it........odd.

Best off ignoring her and the rag that it is, IMO. Thats anti NUFC views and loonie left sandalista type agendas all in one go. Waste of money.

I don't personally give a shit either, but find the double standards between that and the Mail, which has printed nothing anywhere near the anti NUFC articles the Guardian does, amusing to say the least.

are you advocating Newcastle United taking a stand against a paper which constantly prints anti - NUFC agenda too, along with the latest disgraceful racist slurs against NUFC supporters ? After all, "racist" comments are a particular bone of contention with you and others ?

Or does slating England bid to host the World Cup hit harder home for you :wub:

Edited by LeazesMag

Mail reader yourself?

I've answered this many times.

No.

The hypocrisy and defence of the loonie leftie rag is highly amusing.

are you advocating Newcastle United taking a stand against a paper which constantly prints anti - NUFC agenda too, along with the latest disgraceful racist slurs against NUFC supporters ? After all, "racist" comments are a particular bone of contention with you and others ?

Or does slating England bid to host the World Cup hit harder home for you :wub:

My view is that general "Geordies are thick cunts" articles a la L Taylor are regrettable and should be questioned/slagged off/ apology demanded as a matter of course.

However even as someone who isn't a fan of National football, I think the Triesman thing was beyond the pale and deserves a different response. It was a despicable, callous attempt to sabotage something quite tangible for the good of this country and I think everyone involved (especially the cunt of a woman who did it) should be held up for what they are.

do-gooding loony lefties. all a bunch of fancy dan lecturers

:wub:

LM has a point tho. The guardian has SLATED us (Nufc fans) for being proper racist cunts (which many on here quite rightly feel EXTREMELY strongly about). However, when a 'right wing rag' to quote Renton blows the whistle on a dirty old bastard who obviously wants 'his whistle blown' from a so called lady many years younger than himself, you all get hot under the collar? Quite frankly the whole 'NUFC banning the Mail' thing stinks of ( a ) oportunism and ( b ) lost profit for the fat fucka in charge!

And quite frankly, getting a lecture from Lineker, that paragon of virtue who recently left his lass and disabled bairn for a younger, tighter model is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

All in all, everyone involved in this sordid tale is as bad as the next.

Edited by AgentAxeman

It seems odd for the club to take a principled stand on anything, given how they've behaved to date. No wonder people are cynical about their motives.

It seems odd for the club to take a principled stand on anything, given how they've behaved to date. No wonder people are cynical about their motives.

Many a big car run on motives drives past a petrol station only to run out of petrol.

Many a big car run on motives drives past a petrol station only to run out of petrol.

kung-fu-master-po-and-caine.jpg

Ah so. Consider the ripples on the pond, grasshopper...

"Tommy Dickfingers..poolballs for eyes! ..his coffin was yay big!"

Threads like this just serve to remind me what a dull cunt Leazes is. It can't be long now before he's put in a home or, God willing, shipped off to Dignitas.

This is far worse than anything I've read from him.

do-gooding loony lefties. all a bunch of fancy dan lecturers

LM has a point tho. The guardian has SLATED us (Nufc fans) for being proper racist cunts (which many on here quite rightly feel EXTREMELY strongly about). However, when a 'right wing rag' to quote Renton blows the whistle on a dirty old bastard who obviously wants 'his whistle blown' from a so called lady many years younger than himself, you all get hot under the collar? Quite frankly the whole 'NUFC banning the Mail' thing stinks of ( a ) oportunism and ( b ) lost profit for the fat fucka in charge!

And quite frankly, getting a lecture from Lineker, that paragon of virtue who recently left his lass and disabled bairn for a younger, tighter model is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

All in all, everyone involved in this sordid tale is as bad as the next.

I don't get the point at all. As far as I can tell, most posters here condemn both articles but want neither banned. So where's the hypocrisy in that?

As for the 'Guardian has slating NUFC fans for being proper racist cunts', I hardly think that's a rational appraisal of the article in question. More like the Guardian made up rubbish to try and validate some tenuous point without caring about the consequences (i.e. the stereotyping of Newcastle fans). I'm not defending the article which was shoddy, but honestly, you could probably ban every paper in the Country from attending NUFC if you set that as the benchmark.

Personally, I wouldn't really care if they were all banned anyway, I prefer to read peoples' match opinions on here.

"Tommy Dickfingers..poolballs for eyes! ..his coffin was yay big!"