Joe Cole

Guest The Three Lions

Guest The Three Lions
After Lee Cattermole, Ballack is my least favourite player. Hopefully they will send the angry kraut back to germany.

Benjani is released though, wouldnt mind him for free. cash in 500k on Best to pay his wages.

:icon_lol: funny how Norwegians call them krauts too.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seemed like this was getting lost in Ashleysskidmarks
Joe Cole and Michael Ballack to leave Chelsea

Chelsea are set to announce that Joe Cole and Michael Ballack are to leave the club on free transfers this summer.

Cole, 28, will depart at the start of July after the Premier League champions reportedly said they would not offer the England midfielder a fresh deal.

He joined Chelsea from West Ham in 2003 and is in South Africa preparing for the start of the World Cup.

Germany midfielder Ballack, 33, who has been with Chelsea since 2006, will also not have his deal renewed.

Ballack was set to captain Germany at the World Cup but was ruled out of the tournament with an ankle injury suffered in May's FA Cup final victory over Portsmouth.

His contract also expires at the end of June and last month he was confident a new deal with Chelsea could be struck, telling Germany's Bild newspaper: "Chelsea are absolutely my first option."

Ballack was signed by former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on a free transfer from Bayern Munich in 2006.

He made a total of 105 league appearances for the club - helping Chelsea claim their first title since 2006 this year - while also winning three FA Cups.

More to follow.

I can understand letting Ballack go at 33 but the decision on Cole is a bit strange to me, hes supposedly been out a lot this season but hes still played in 39 games for chelsea and is looking like being a starter during the WC

yawn

Benjani can't finish to save his life hes had one "good" season in the PL where he scored 12, otherwise hes been shite and hes 31 now

why the Ballack hate?

He always annoys me for some reason. He is always angry and i specifically remember him almost crying when he and drogba fought over taking a freekick, and Drogba took it. Mainly his facial expression that pisses me off. :icon_lol:

Fair enough I've not watched Benjani too much. Just remember him being decent before city got him and then got benched. Seemed like a good buy for free anyway.

Is Shunsuke Nakamura available on a free now? He was released on some recently updated FM game i had.

Oh and Nevland has gone back to Viking.

It sounds to me like we won't be signing anyone over 25, or anyone who wants top end PL wages or a big signing on bonus. Plus anyone with any ambition won't want to join a club who's only aim is to come 17th. Anyone who still wants to join us on a free after that probably isn't worth having.

Benjani can't finish to save his life hes had one "good" season in the PL where he scored 12, otherwise hes been shite and hes 31 now

why the Ballack hate?

He always annoys me for some reason. He is always angry and i specifically remember him almost crying when he and drogba fought over taking a freekick, and Drogba took it. Mainly his facial expression that pisses me off. :icon_lol:

Fair enough I've not watched Benjani too much. Just remember him being decent before city got him and then got benched. Seemed like a good buy for free anyway.

Is Shunsuke Nakamura available on a free now? He was released on some recently updated FM game i had.

Typical moody spoilt Kraut. Always thinks he's in the right and trying to get the old towel on the deckchair at dawn.

why the Ballack hate?

Typical moody spoilt Kraut. Always thinks he's in the right and trying to get the old towel on the deckchair at dawn.

the word you are looking for is........sour kraut

Guest The Three Lions
Revealed: Joe Cole has signed a contract to join Arsenal after World Cup 2010

* Deal agreed in principle before player flew out to the World Cup

* England midfielder's move will be completed if he passes full medical

* Three-year, £80,000-a-week contract laden with incentives

10 Jun 2010 08:07:00

1861Share

Buzz It

Related Links

Teams

* Arsenal

Players

* Joe Cole

* Arsene Wenger

EXCLUSIVE

By Wayne Veysey | Chief correspondent

England midfielder Joe Cole has signed a contract to join Arsenal, Goal.com UK can reveal.

The midfielder put pen to paper on an £80,000-a-week, three-year deal before flying out to South Africa with England’s World Cup squad.

The sensational free transfer has been kept under wraps by both parties because the agreement is dependent on Cole being able to prove his fitness when he returns from the World Cup.

MORE...

* Arsenal will only sign Cole if he drops wage demands

* Poll results - Readers agree with Arsenal on Cole wage

* In Pictures: London boy Cole's path from West Ham to Arsenal via Chelsea

* Analysis: Cole's attitude will rub off on team-mates

* Poll: Is Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger right to sign Joe Cole?

Goal.com UK understands that Cole was put through his paces in a basic medical on Monday of last week, which was enough to convince manager Arsene Wenger to tie him to a deal that wards off other clubs.

But, in order to insure themselves from the England midfielder suffering a serious injury on World Cup duty, Arsenal insisted on inserting a clause that means Cole must pass a more stringent, full medical when he returns from South Africa for the deal to be officially completed.

The move has ended Tottenham, Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool’s hopes of signing one of the most coveted free agents on the market this summer.

Despite mixed messages from Harry Redknapp over the past week about making a move for Cole, it is understood that the player had talks with Spurs but did not receive an offer.

Wenger is a huge admirer of Cole’s technical skills and ability to play in any of the three advanced midfield positions in his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation.

The Arsenal manager’s only concerns were Cole’s wage demands and long-term fitness. The 28-year-old missed most of 2009 with knee ligament damage and has not completed a full competitive 90 minutes since February.

PRESS WRAP | The Joe Cole Saga

"I like Joe Cole - whenever he played against us he did a lot of damage"

Although Cole will join second-tier earners Robin van Persie, Andrey Arshavin and William Gallas – in the unlikely event the Frenchman stays - as one of the best-paid players at Emirates Stadium, he will still be a long way short of captain Cesc Fabregas, who is on £110,000-a-week.

Arsenal made it clear in contract talks with Cole’s camp last week that they were unwilling to shatter their salary structure for a player with a chequered recent fitness record.

But the deal will include performance-related bonuses triggered by getting in the top four, winning the Premier League or the Champions League.

Ironically, part of the reason Chelsea let the midfielder go was because they would not bow to Cole’s demands for a 50 per cent hike on the £80,000-a-week he was earning at Stamford Bridge. The Premier League champions made one offer midway through the season which was rejected, and there has been no further offer made.

Cole’s signing is viewed by Arsenal in a similar way to the deal that brought Sol Campbell from Tottenham in 2001.

The club are willing to sanction such high-level wages because the deal does not involve a transfer fee and there is hope that Cole’s vast international experience and seven years spent with serial winners Chelsea will rub off on a dressing room that has not won a trophy in five years.

It is also a populist move because it increases the English contingent in a squad that has only one home-grown regular first-teamer in Theo Walcott.

All exclusively revealed to Toontastic readers a whole week before these clowns got hold of it.

Interesting to see who he ends up at.

First team football is what he is after unless he ends up at Man City. As I doubt any other club will pay him any more than what Chelsea had offered him.

Would be good for Man U or Spurs. Not sure Arsenal need him bar making up English numbers.

No better. He is not good enough for a top team to be playing every week. Still got under used by Rafa though.

Would be canny for the toon though...