For you lovers of fine trainers

Tooj

Oh my god :dancing: You have no fashion sense!

Getting criticised by 16 year old Kevin on fashion? Well I feel destroyed.... :jester:

I'm also wearing a tracksuit. Does that make me a chav?

depends, are you doing some physical exercise?

typing.

Then, yeah. It does.

I'm also wearing a nike tshirt.

Now Kevin, do you smoke, legal or illegal substances, own a staffy dog, and wear a baseball cap? And do your ambitions extend to spending dole money at the bookies and the pub?

3 or more yeses then you are a chav.

typing.

Then, yeah. It does.

Now Kevin, do you smoke, legal or illegal substances, own a staffy dog, and wear a baseball cap? And do your ambitions extend to spending dole money at the bookies and the pub?

Also: Do you have a chunky 'gold' curb chain and matching bracelet that makes your skin go green?

Not all white trainers are chavvy like....

Converse20shoes2035-4420-093.jpg

:jester:

I had some of those but binned them after a couple of wears, they don't suit me. I think they only suit people who have pipe cleaners for legs.

typing.

Then, yeah. It does.

None of them. Don't own a dog, don't wear a cap, my ambition is to go to university my pedigree chum :jester:

Computer Science.

Genuinely, might want to talk to Ant (and a couple others, but I forget who) they'll probably give you some pointers.

Computer Science.

Genuinely, might want to talk to Ant (and a couple others, but I forget who) they'll probably give you some pointers.

Already chatted to Ant. He didn't bother going to Uni for his job, software engineering i think?

I'd always recommend going to Uni, but I'd take the serious advice seriously.

He said the only reason he got his job was because he had a good idea in what he was doing but I wouldn't really have a clue tbh. So it'd be best for me to go to uni. This time next year i'll be getting ready for uni, facking hell..

He said the only reason he got his job was because he had a good idea in what he was doing but I wouldn't really have a clue tbh. So it'd be best for me to go to uni. This time next year i'll be getting ready for uni, facking hell..

Just be cautious with where the "don't have a clue" approach lands you. My fella didn't have any better ideas and thought he was interested in Eastern Europe, so he ended up on a four-year Serbian, Croatian and Eastern European Studies course, year abroad slumming it in Belgrade and all - only to end up working in the (paid) charity sector afterwards. :jester: Mind you, if you're genuinely interested in the subject and you're up for the financial commitment and all, then obviously why not - you learn far more than just academic stuff as a smelly stoodent, after all.

Just be cautious with where the "don't have a clue" approach lands you. My fella didn't have any better ideas and thought he was interested in Eastern Europe, so he ended up on a four-year Serbian, Croatian and Eastern European Studies course, year abroad slumming it in Belgrade and all - only to end up working in the (paid) charity sector afterwards. :jester: Mind you, if you're genuinely interested in the subject and you're up for the financial commitment and all, then obviously why not - you learn far more than just academic stuff as a smelly stoodent, after all.

Aye i'm not doing it just for the sake of going to uni. I've always been interested in computers and electronics etc. So i'd genuinely be interested in the course im doing which hopefully leads me to an interesting job rather than something that i don't enjoy.

Aye i'm not doing it just for the sake of going to uni. I've always been interested in computers and electronics etc. So i'd genuinely be interested in the course im doing which hopefully leads me to an interesting job rather than something that i don't enjoy.

I second what Meenzer said. I have a history and Politics degree, which I did because that's what I was interested in, and I did a post grad diploma in heritage management. That would normally lead to a career in museums or that sort of thing, but they all expect you to have volunteered (i.e. worked for free) for 2 years before they'd even consider me for the lowest job. So have a definate career goal in mind when you go.

Kevin, beyond your experience of AS level ICT do you have any idea what a job in IT would involve? I loved A Level computer science but I could never have done it at uni or done the likes of programming for a job.

It's not a bad area to be in around NI, I know a couple of absolute bums who got decent graduate programming jobs in Belfast on good money, despite the fact I thought they'd be unemployable.

I second what Meenzer said. I have a history and Politics degree, which I did because that's what I was interested in, and I did a post grad diploma in heritage management. That would normally lead to a career in museums or that sort of thing, but they all expect you to have volunteered (i.e. worked for free) for 2 years before they'd even consider me for the lowest job. So have a definate career goal in mind when you go.

Well I plan on doing this because I'm interested in it. I don't have an exact career in mind involving it just in general.

Kevin, beyond your experience of AS level ICT do you have any idea what a job in IT would involve? I loved A Level computer science but I could never have done it at uni or done the likes of programming for a job.

It's not a bad area to be in around NI, I know a couple of absolute bums who got decent graduate programming jobs in Belfast on good money, despite the fact I thought they'd be unemployable.

To be completely honest, i have some idea what it involves but not 100%. My school does Computer science for ALevel but I moved schools for ALevel to a grammar school because my last one was shit so i had no idea at the time what alevels they were doing and never got a chance to see computer science for alevel. i always wanted to do ICT anyway for alevel but i would of chose computing over it.

And I don't know what you're trying to say with that last bit :dancing:... I'm not a bum and i work hard, i am also quite smart :)

What side of Computer science are you looking at Kevin? Databases, Graphics, programming, etc.?

Graphics or programming. Probably more into graphics because i'm quite good with all that.