Dan Gosling

BigAl

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as an Everton supporter I can happily say that it's no loss to my club.

Our fans are up in arms at the loss of several million pounds and not the loss of Gosling.

Moyes has generally played him on the right of midfield where he has been absolutely gash!!!

However his one strength is popping up in the right place at the right time in the box to net a winner.

If the Toon play him in central midfield he could turn in to a usefull player over time and probs will be a long term replacement for Nolan (providing you do actually sign him). I remember his first few appearance for us and he just roamed in to the box time and time again and was unlucky not to score a handful of goals.

However he'd never get in ahead of our current crop of players so him leaving aint a big loss... could be a good signing for the Toon but I have seen 2 very different sides to his game and he has a LOT of weaknessess... he's very slow, he's very weak, he's not technically all that good. However none of these things stopped Cahill being a great sucess so it just depends on how he is used I think.

Like I say i'm not bothered he's gone but he's a useful prospect for other teams I reckon.

Speaking as an Everton supporter I can happily say that it's no loss to my club.

Our fans are up in arms at the loss of several million pounds and not the loss of Gosling.

Moyes has generally played him on the right of midfield where he has been absolutely gash!!!

However his one strength is popping up in the right place at the right time in the box to net a winner.

If the Toon play him in central midfield he could turn in to a usefull player over time and probs will be a long term replacement for Nolan (providing you do actually sign him). I remember his first few appearance for us and he just roamed in to the box time and time again and was unlucky not to score a handful of goals.

However he'd never get in ahead of our current crop of players so him leaving aint a big loss... could be a good signing for the Toon but I have seen 2 very different sides to his game and he has a LOT of weaknessess... he's very slow, he's very weak, he's not technically all that good. However none of these things stopped Cahill being a great sucess so it just depends on how he is used I think.

Like I say i'm not bothered he's gone but he's a useful prospect for other teams I reckon.

He'll fit in nicely to our midfield then!

I'd put money on him being used in central midfield when he arrives here. It's a bit concerning reading that post but it's a signing for the long term (or it should be) so he could develop nicely. I'm being cautiously optimistic with it.

Yeah dont expect too much too soon from the lad. He is an ok squad player at present who may turn in to a decent premier league midfielder. He'll never be an Essien or Scholes, but he has potential to be decent. TBH for free your not going to get a world beater, so a young lad with some potential is a no lose signing really. If it doesn't work out you can always move him on for a million or so.

he's very slow, he's very weak, he's not technically all that good. However none of these things stopped Cahill being a great sucess so it just depends on how he is used I think.

As much as Cahill is a right cunt, the fact that an "Everton" supporter claims he's slow and weak shows what utter bullshit ajax_andy's comments are.

A blue bin dipper mate I've mine agrees that the general consensus is that people are pissed at the loss of transfer fee but they also believe he will turn out to be a handy player.

Their biggest problem is they always seem to have the "next big thing" coming through their youth system.

As much as Cahill is a right cunt, the fact that an "Everton" supporter claims he's slow and weak shows what utter bullshit ajax_andy's comments are.

A blue bin dipper mate I've mine agrees that the general consensus is that people are pissed at the loss of transfer fee but they also believe he will turn out to be a handy player.

Thought the same thing. Cahill isn't technically quick but he has great acceleration and certainly isn't weak. In terms of technical ability it really depends what you're talkingg about. Technically he's one of the best headers of the ball in the game, but isn't great with the ball at his feet.

Completely agree about the general Everton consensus. I think they'd be pissed about him leaving (and not just about the money) if they didn't have a very strong midfield.

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are poised to sign former Everton youngster Dan Gosling in the next 24 hours.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.comat the start of July, Newcastle were lining up a shock move for Gosling following a contract wrangle at Everton.

Gosling and his representatives are on Tyneside to put the finishing touches to his move to St James' Park.

The England Under-21 international arrives at Newcastle on a four-year deal after leaving Everton on a free transfer earlier this summer.

The Premier League ruled earlier this month Gosling was free to leave Goodison Park after the former Plymouth youngster was not given a new contract offer in writing.

Everton claimed they offered Gosling a rise verbally, but nothing was sent to him by the due date and he was allowed to leave for nothing.

Gosling, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, is set to become Newcastle's second signing of the summer following the arrival of James Perch from Nottingham Forest.

he's very slow, he's very weak, he's not technically all that good. However none of these things stopped Cahill being a great sucess so it just depends on how he is used I think.

Their biggest problem is they always seem to have the "next big thing" coming through their youth system.

Eh?! Ok just re-read what I wrote and I meant that the fact Cahill has limitations hasn't stopped him being a success, not the fact that he's weak as he's clearly not. However he is technically poor with his feet and although he can head a ball like the best, if you stick him in the centre of a 4 man midfield he's poor. So to re-itterate... Cahill doesn't have all of the same weaknesses as Gosling, but he has limitations and despite this has gone on to be a great success... glad to see its possible to come on here and try and post helpful info without being criticised!

I dont know many Everton fans who think he'll ever be good enough to play for my club as a regular starter and it really is the loss of several million pounds worth of compensation, Gosling's attitude by doing this, and the pathetic shambles that is our board that is really pissing everyone off.

Gosling has never been seen as the next big thing by our fans... believe me we have some outstanding youngsters coming through who are already better than Gosling.

Eh?! Ok just re-read what I wrote and I meant that the fact Cahill has limitations hasn't stopped him being a success, not the fact that he's weak as he's clearly not. However he is technically poor with his feet and although he can head a ball like the best, if you stick him in the centre of a 4 man midfield he's poor. So to re-itterate... Cahill doesn't have all of the same weaknesses as Gosling, but he has limitations and despite this has gone on to be a great success... glad to see its possible to come on here and try and post helpful info without being criticised!

I dont know many Everton fans who think he'll ever be good enough to play for my club as a regular starter and it really is the loss of several million pounds worth of compensation, Gosling's attitude by doing this, and the pathetic shambles that is our board that is really pissing everyone off.

Gosling has never been seen as the next big thing by our fans... believe me we have some outstanding youngsters coming through who are already better than Gosling.

Make sure you give them a contract then. :icon_lol:

Close this thread please.

WE WILL NOT, AND I REPEAT, NOT, SIGN DAN GOSLING !!!!!!!!!

What was that Kevin? ;)

Have we signed Dan Gosling?

We won't sign him.

:icon_lol:

Lads, do you not see what I done :D? I said we wouldn't sign up, because I knew we would :icon_lol:

Make sure you give them a contract then. :icon_lol:

Haha yeah they better bloody do! :icon_lol:

Skysports.com understands Newcastle are poised to sign former Everton youngster Dan Gosling in the next 24 hours.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.comat the start of July, Newcastle were lining up a shock move for Gosling following a contract wrangle at Everton.

Gosling and his representatives are on Tyneside to put the finishing touches to his move to St James' Park.

The England Under-21 international arrives at Newcastle on a four-year deal after leaving Everton on a free transfer earlier this summer.

The Premier League ruled earlier this month Gosling was free to leave Goodison Park after the former Plymouth youngster was not given a new contract offer in writing.

Everton claimed they offered Gosling a rise verbally, but nothing was sent to him by the due date and he was allowed to leave for nothing.

Gosling, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, is set to become Newcastle's second signing of the summer following the arrival of James Perch from Nottingham Forest.

Sky reporting that Dan Gosling to sign in the next 24 hours.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6272531,00.html

Great to see you're in the know.

I don't think you're in any position to comment in this thread.

Stop derailing the topic please.

Stop derailing the topic please.

He's following up to your comment you fucking idiot!

If Gosling! signs, as a show of self discipline Kevin! should leave the Board!

AND If Gosling doesn't sign, in compassion for our suffering Kevin! should leave the board.

The number of times that halfwits derail threads is bewildering. The end result is that the few meaningful posts become lost in the piles of shite.

Alright lads this is out of hand, this page is completely off topic, I'd expect better from craig but OzToonFan, you have no excuse :icon_lol:

Anyway, I accept i was wrong and look forward to young Dan signing tomorrow, although we won't see him in action 'til christmas, he should be a good signing.

Versatile aswell, can play RB and central defence aswell.

Alright lads this is out of hand, this page is completely off topic, I'd expect better from craig but OzToonFan, you have no excuse :icon_lol:

Anyway, I accept i was wrong and look forward to young Dan signing tomorrow, although we won't see him in action 'til christmas, he should be a good signing.

As far as I know he's never played central defence and is far too weak and probably too small to play there. He can play right back tho, but his future is as a attacking central midfielder.

Unfortuantely with him not being back till xmas and then the period it always takes a player to get back to full match fitness after such a long time I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing him contribute much until about march time. Could be handy to have a player capable of popping up in dangerous positions if you're struggling at that stage of the season. Like I said tho don't expect too much from the lad until next season at least... and even then he'll never be a world beater.

As far as I know he's never played central defence and is far too weak and probably too small to play there. He can play right back tho, but his future is as a attacking central midfielder.

Unfortuantely with him not being back till xmas and then the period it always takes a player to get back to full match fitness after such a long time I wouldn't hold out much hope of seeing him contribute much until about march time. Could be handy to have a player capable of popping up in dangerous positions if you're struggling at that stage of the season. Like I said tho don't expect too much from the lad until next season at least... and even then he'll never be a world beater.

As nice as a world beater would be a bottom three beater will do for now :icon_lol: