The Secret Diary of Lee Ryder (aged 44 and a half)

Craig

Actually, I don't think I ever heard anyone refer to Sunderland as 'the black cats' until they made it their 'official' nickname either. I realise they used to be called that, but it was years and years ago I think.

Mackem at work was trying to wind me up about having black cats on the stadium (if there's a puma logo going up) the other day. Said i didn't give a fuck about their manufactured identity. He got really defensive and started pulling out fanzines that had old programmes from the 30's in them referring to the Black Cats. Proper raw nerve with them that one.

Aye, that's the thing about it. I know it was their nickname in years gone by but it had completely fallen out of usage. Whoever heard of a poll to determine an official nickname for a club anyway? As you say, completely manufactured. :lol:

Edited by alex

Actually, I don't think I ever heard anyone refer to Sunderland as 'the black cats' until they made it their 'official' nickname either. I realise they used to be called that, but it was years and years ago I think.

Mackem at work was trying to wind me up about having black cats on the stadium (if there's a puma logo going up) the other day. Said i didn't give a fuck about their manufactured identity. He got really defensive and started pulling out fanzines that had old programmes from the 30's in them referring to the Black Cats. Proper raw nerve with them that one.

Aye, that's the thing about it. I know it was their nickname in years gone by but it had completely fallen out of usage. Whoever heard of a poll to determine an official nickname for a club anyway? As you say, completely manufactured. :lol:

I've heard my old man (sunlun fan btw) talk about The Bank of England Club but never The Black Cats. I'll try and remember to ask him the next time I see him.

Their nickname was always "Roker" or "The Rokerites". Pretty sure The Pink often used to write things like Roker 3 Southend 1.

Their nickname was always "Roker" or "The Rokerites". Pretty sure The Pink often used to write things like Roker 3 Southend 1.

Aye, I remember Rokerites (from the Pink).

I've heard my old man (sunlun fan btw) talk about The Bank of England Club but never The Black Cats. I'll try and remember to ask him the next time I see him.

Your old man said "be a Sunderland fan"

you said "fuck off fatha you're a cunt"

The bit i like on that webpage is 'Should Newcastle have won against Villa' poll - thats not going to be biased. I say we rig it.

Even Forest fans taking the piss out of Ryder and his polls. A game we totally dominated, who's going to click no?? Doil.

United’s gate was 10,000 down against Fulham compared to the season opener with Arsenal.

Well that doesn't even read correctly to me, there's a more simplistic way of saying that, but my point is, do you think he's even interested in his job? Do you think he's interested full stop. 46,894 against 42,684 is 10,000 is it? Most toon fans would automatically know that.

First article of his six that I have read and I'm saying oh dear.

This was typified towards the end of Saturday’s 3-1 win over Blackburn Rovers, when the Strawberry Corner section of the Gallowgate End rose to their feet in adoration for the midfielder who some fans have already nicknamed The Dreamboat.

Oh dear

Who the fuck is he on about?

Cabaye

:nufc:

What fucks me off with Ryder is he claims to "speak for the fans". Bollocks, he speaks for himself and the monkeys at the club who are telling him what to say.

Becoming a parody of himself IYAM.

The sad thing is that the guy will no doubt have the job as chief sports reporter there for another 30 years.

Indeed. And the truth is that if any of us were as shit in our respective professions as he is, we'd be booted out the door.

He's where he is because he keeps his nose clean which suits TH.

• 3 weeks later...
The sad thing is that the guy will no doubt have the job as chief sports reporter there for another 30 years.

Indeed. And the truth is that if any of us were as shit in our respective professions as he is, we'd be booted out the door.

He's where he is because he keeps his nose clean which suits TH.

This isn't true, though. I've worked with plenty of people over the years who aren't any good at their jobs but they know how to manage up aand never create waves. They always manage to get credit for a job but never any flak when the shit hits the fan. Ryder seems to be exactly like this and appears to be exactly what his bosses at the paper want.

They fact he has 20 odd pages on here show he's getting read.

Hmmm has the love affair between him and Dekka ended now?

Whats going on here. big man?

On Tuesday Steve Wraith was booted put of a corporate event by Dekka (using the words "you can't afford corporate"). I've since heard that Ryder was also ordered out.

On Tuesday Steve Wraith was booted put of a corporate event by Dekka (using the words "you can't afford corporate"). I've since heard that Ryder was also ordered out.

Ryder has been up his arse for months. Not a snide word about Dekka on his poxy blog that I've noticed.

What the fuck has he managed to do to get on his bad side?

Ryder has been up his arse for months. Not a snide word about Dekka on his poxy blog that I've noticed.

What the fuck has he managed to do to get on his bad side?

Well we'll never find out because the mardy child blocks everybody who says a bad word to him on twitter.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.480368,-0.110024