Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promising. Looks like the other clubs didn't want him as badly as being spun by the press. Looks like the wage demands story was nonsense. There is no way he's on 52k and asking for 80k. I think he'll be on 35k when he signs for a year. I'd take the option to buy personally if it is around 6m euro, the player would clearly be worth double that pending a good PL season.

Don't know about that one,but i do remember there was one with Stern John years ago. There was a clause where if he hit 20 goals Forest had to cough up. So he got to 18 & they had to leave him out just in case he scored & cost them a load of money.

Edited by vivid

Promising. Looks like the other clubs didn't want him as badly as being spun by the press. Looks like the wage demands story was nonsense. There is no way he's on 52k and asking for 80k. I think he'll be on 35k when he signs for a year. I'd take the option to buy personally if it is around 6m euro, the player would clearly be worth double that pending a good PL season.

This is probably true but if we are now agreeing to a deal in which we buy him at the end of the season, those stories might well have had just the effect that Marsielle desired!

This is probably true but if we are now agreeing to a deal in which we buy him at the end of the season, those stories might well have had just the effect that Marsielle desired!

And Bremen have a gadzillion quality midfielders.

That Marko Marin is like the next big thing. Quality quality player.

That Marko Marin is like the next big thing. Quality quality player.

Agreed, think he's one that will breakthrough next world cup. More gifted with his feet than Ozil.

Still no evidence that anything is actually happening, but I'm liking the sound of quotes saying we have agreed a deal instead of quotes saying we haven't as seems to be the norm with us.

I still want to get him in. Then we'll just need a striker and we should be set.

http://www.lamarseillaise.fr/om/ben-arfa-vers-newcastle.html

Ben Arfa To Newcastle

The International should finally be heading to the north of England, assuming there's no last minute reversal

After slamming doors, mistaken identities and various leaks, the Hatem Ben Arfa drama - or rather the vaudeville - is poised for its epilogue. Yes, the player will leave. Yes, he will go to England. Newcastle, who had made a first offer considered inadequate by OM, returned to the forefront. The Magpies have increased their offer, an increase sufficient enough for Dassier to give his approval. It will be a loan with an option to purchase (the purchase price being judged acceptable by the Directors of OM). New castle will also assume responsibility for the the player's full salary. "For us, it's a good compromise" said the club President. With the two clubs having reached an agreement, all that remained yesterday eveing was for discussions to open with the player himself. Dassier said "It's time to bring this to an end, now, and Hatem should make up his mind, and quickly"

Ben Arfa was willing to move to Tyneside two weeks ago, it remains to be seen whether this is still the case.

Meanwhile, he has received two other proposals, from Bremen and Liverpool. A move to Merseyside depends on the departure of Mascherano, and the move to Werder could be effected by CL qualification. Liverpool have not yet sold the Argentinian, whereas Bremen have qualified. "They now have a guaranteed income [CL money], so they could maybe outbid the others" added Dassier.

Newcastle have pole position. Everything should be settled by the end of today.

Cant see a striker coming in unless Houghton can unload one, either Best or Ameobi, maybe both but cant see it. I would hang on to Ranger tho`. Maybe he is planning on playing Ben Arfa as a support striker to Carroll

what about the Nolan? That's his spot..

After slamming doors, mistaken identities and various leaks, the Hatem Ben Arfa drama - or rather the vaudeville -

Excellent, given this character-type does so well for us in their first season or so, we're guaranteed to be safe. :)

I'm expecting Goal-of-the-Season contenders and Strop-of-the-Season guarantees :lol:

Ben Arfa can (and likes to) play out wide on the left too. He would give us loads of options.

You could have Nolan off the striker or in midfield with Ben Arfa wide, or Ben Arfa centre mid with Nolan up top with Carroll.

At home we could go 4-3-1-2 with Ben Arfa in the hole then switch to 4-4-1-1 to defend a lead with either of them coming off.

Or you could just drop Nolan :)

Cant see a striker coming in unless Houghton can unload one, either Best or Ameobi, maybe both but cant see it. I would hang on to Ranger tho`. Maybe he is planning on playing Ben Arfa as a support striker to Carroll

what about the Nolan? That's his spot..

WAS, maybe :)

http://www.lamarseillaise.fr/om/ben-arfa-vers-newcastle.html

Ben Arfa To Newcastle

The International should finally be heading to the north of England, assuming there's no last minute reversal

After slamming doors, mistaken identities and various leaks, the Hatem Ben Arfa drama - or rather the vaudeville - is poised for its epilogue. Yes, the player will leave. Yes, he will go to England. Newcastle, who had made a first offer considered inadequate by OM, returned to the forefront. The Magpies have increased their offer, an increase sufficient enough for Dassier to give his approval. It will be a loan with an option to purchase (the purchase price being judged acceptable by the Directors of OM). New castle will also assume responsibility for the the player's full salary. "For us, it's a good compromise" said the club President. With the two clubs having reached an agreement, all that remained yesterday eveing was for discussions to open with the player himself. Dassier said "It's time to bring this to an end, now, and Hatem should make up his mind, and quickly"

Ben Arfa was willing to move to Tyneside two weeks ago, it remains to be seen whether this is still the case.

Meanwhile, he has received two other proposals, from Bremen and Liverpool. A move to Merseyside depends on the departure of Mascherano, and the move to Werder could be effected by CL qualification. Liverpool have not yet sold the Argentinian, whereas Bremen have qualified. "They now have a guaranteed income [CL money], so they could maybe outbid the others" added Dassier.

Newcastle have pole position. Everything should be settled by the end of today.

Bremen were spanked on the weekend so that will sort that and I can't see Woy wanting (or having the money) for a Joe Cole backup.

Apparently our offer of loan, plus we'll sign him if he plays 25 games has been "accepted". We've been given permission to speak to him. Quotes form Dassler their chairman:

"They've [Newcastle] proposed to exercise the option to buy Hatem should he play 25 League matches this season and pay the 5% of FIFA. Once we've confirmed this it's then down to the player to agree a deal with the club. It must be done as quickly as possible so that we can finally end this story."

What's the odds on him playing 24 games this season?

haha did Forest not do that with someone like Marlon King? I'm sure there was a similar thing with Forest, that they'd need to pay 500k so he was stuck on 24 appearances, in fact it might've been goals.

Pompey have done this a few times.

Fernandes, some striker last year and maybe D'Alessandro.

Apparently our offer of loan, plus we'll sign him if he plays 25 games has been "accepted". We've been given permission to speak to him. Quotes form Dassler their chairman:

"They've [Newcastle] proposed to exercise the option to buy Hatem should he play 25 League matches this season and pay the 5% of FIFA. Once we've confirmed this it's then down to the player to agree a deal with the club. It must be done as quickly as possible so that we can finally end this story."

What's the odds on him playing 24 games this season?

haha did Forest not do that with someone like Marlon King? I'm sure there was a similar thing with Forest, that they'd need to pay 500k so he was stuck on 24 appearances, in fact it might've been goals.

Pompey have done this a few times.

Fernandes, some striker last year and maybe D'Alessandro.

Don't forget Williamson.