Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comments from Man United fans, Liverpool fans and Werder Bremen fans all wanting him to sign for them.

TBF... :)

aye

music was annoying as fuck though

Would be happy with that.

Just wonder whether one real leftback will be enough for the season, I don't want Simpson or Kadar playing there when Enrique is injured or suspended. Apart from that, we should be in a canny position; Would only agree to buy a new striker if we can sell either Xisco, Best or Shola. This squad should be good enough to finish at least above Wigan, WBA, Blackpool & West Ham.

Will be quite happy if this ends up being our last signing. I think we should have enough quality to stay up then. I'm still just about holding on to the idea of Xisco actually coming good, and although he messed him his first few touches vs. Villa, his pass to set up Carroll's third was decent.

Will be quite happy if this ends up being our last signing. I think we should have enough quality to stay up then. I'm still just about holding on to the idea of Xisco actually coming good, and although he messed him his first few touches vs. Villa, his pass to set up Carroll's third was decent.

He looks up as soona as he gets the ball, which is a lot more than Shola ever does.

Just wonder whether one real leftback will be enough for the season, I don't want Simpson or Kadar playing there when Enrique is injured or suspended. Apart from that, we should be in a canny position; Would only agree to buy a new striker if we can sell either Xisco, Best or Shola. This squad should be good enough to finish at least above Wigan, WBA, Blackpool & West Ham.

Same here. I imagine if we get him we'll use him as a second striker in place of Nolan for more attacking games, centre mid in place of Barton when playing defensively.

Same here. I imagine if we get him we'll use him as a second striker in place of Nolan for more attacking games, centre mid in place of Barton when playing defensively.

Well or as a replacement for Guti/Routledge, haven't got loads of options out wide. I hope CH won't play Guthrie there again.

Looks a bit like a young Laurent Robert in my opinion

:) Nothing like Robert man.

Ben Afra does look like he has a smaller version of Roberts head in my opinion.

Looks a bit like a young Laurent Robert in my opinion

:) Nothing like Robert man.

:) even though he went as far as saying in his opinion...! ...and he does look a bit like him. :angry: He's got a lot more skill and generally offers a different game towards what Robert offered. Hope we do sign him, if its true.

The talk is that this is a loan with a clause that if he appears more than 22 times, we will purchase him outright.

If that's the case, I can only imagine that OM have inserted a heftly clause that they'll get a good percentage of any re-sale amount that NUFC would receive if/when Ashley gets a good offer a year or two down the line..

Moving on quickly from that...

I said it before but I reckon he looks a little similar to Jenas, and plays a little similar to Dyer.

If he's anything like Dyer in other areas we won't have to worry about him playing 21 games.

No idea how credible L'Equip is, but thet are saying:

L’Equipe is reporting that Newcastle are about to complete the signing of French midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa on a season-long loan from Marseille, with an option to purchase the player for between $6-7 million dollars if he makes at least 25 first team appearances.

The 23 year old joined Marseille from Lyon in 2008 for $14 million, making 63 first team appearances to date. Ben Arfa has been looking for a move away from Marseille during this transfer window, with a move to the Premier League always looking the most likely destination.

The young midfielder has scored two goals in 8 appearances for the French senior national team.

Looking around, L'Equip seems to be one of the more credible French sport newspapers.

BTW, I was wrong about the amount of games ... it looks like it's 25.

I really do think this is coming to fruition. If it does, I still have no idea why he chose us as the team he wanted to join ... :)

Edited by dbsweeney

Doesn't really matter how credible L'Equip is, the 25 games thing is taken from quotes from their president.

"He will travel to Newcastle tomorrow," said Dassier. "They have offered to raise the price for the option-to-buy if Hatem plays 25 matches and also pay the five per cent of the cost to FIFA.

"We will respond. After that it's up to Hatem to agree a deal. We have to finish this story as soon as possible."

According to F365 anyway.