Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Watching goals on sunday and Ginola is on confirming the belief that in France Ben Arfa is seen as the most talented player of his generation and saying he is the next one in line from Zidane if he has the right attitude and does what's required to get there.

Also Ginola as usual when i see him interviewed is talking about how much he loves the city and people up here and he's a funny guy as well, comes across really well and unlike english footballers is clearly intelligent. And he did his geordie accent as well!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports in France that are quoting his agent are saying he'll be back in February. He'll have an operation in Manchester tonight and go back to OM for treatment later in the week.

What a shame. If I were Chris Hughton, I'd start Ben Arfa, cast and all, 21 more games then quickly substitute him to satisfy the 25 game minimum requirement. Either that or buy him outright during next summer's transfer window. That's how important I think he and Tiote are to Newcastle's future.

I'd be delighted albeit surprised if he made it back by February.

Getting a player of his calibre back for the last - and most important - third of the season would be a big boost.

Real shame that decent young players on our books such as Ben Arfa and Gosling will miss so much of the season.

The 25 game thing isn't on my mind right now, I just hope the guy gets back to full health quickly. He must be gutted. When he's back we'll see what the situation is and what his future holds whether it's with us or another club.

Edited by Tecato

Offical club statment

In the early stages of Sunday's Barclays Premier League fixture against Manchester City, Hatem Ben Arfa was stretchered from the field of play following a tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong.

X-rays taken this afternoon have confirmed that he has suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

He will undergo surgery tomorrow morning.

Everyone connected with the club sends Hatem their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

At this stage no time limit has been put on his expected return date.

Edited by Bizza

Offical club statment

In the early stages of Sunday's Barclays Premier League fixture against Manchester City, Hatem Ben Arfa was stretchered from the field of play following a tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong.

X-rays taken this afternoon have confirmed that he has suffered a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

He will undergo surgery tomorrow morning.

Everyone connected with the club sends Hatem their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

At this stage no time limit has been put on his expected return date.

So fucking frustrating. Why do things like this always happen to us?

I feel as gutted about this as I did when Shearer fucked himself in that daft preseason tourny at Everton.

Sickening isn't it? That was made worst by it being the same day the that Sir Les was sold to spurs.

Aye.

Whatever slight optimism I had for this season has been severely dented, much like then.

:lol:

I feel as gutted about this as I did when Shearer fucked himself in that daft preseason tourny at Everton.

Sickening isn't it? That was made worst by it being the same day the that Sir Les was sold to spurs.

Aye.

Whatever slight optimism I had for this season has been severely dented, much like then.

:lol:

Completely evaporated tbh.

De Jong went through the player to get to the ball, play is waved on...same as Williamson for the pen, and Willo also got a booking (why wasnt it a red? last man etc?)

Fuckin dreadful refereeing, amongst the worst I've seen in 25 years :lol:

"just one of those things"

MOTD's verdict on the dirty cunt's challenge.

Fucking shit kickers.

Sums up the retards in football, they seem to think getting any sort of touch on the ball is the end of the debate, they're too fucking thick to realise getting the ball is irrelivent when a tackle is dangerous and reckless and smashes somebodies leg in two. Going by their logic you may as well touch the ball then smash down on their knee and break it, its fine you won the ball first.

Its this attitude that means this will keep happening to players and Wenger will be left on his own complaining that the thugs in football are wrecking the game.

Did we pay a fee to loan him?

I dont think we will see him in a toon shirt this season now, or ever for that matter. That clause is void and i dont think FMA will pay OM what they will want outside of the clause.

Fuckin typical man.

first truly exciting player weve had for a long time and he gets crocked almost immediately, reminds me of the Ramsey injury and how Arsenal fans must have felt, just as the lad was starting to shine he gets sliced in half by some idiot.

Sadly looks like Ben Arfa will go down as yet another "what might have been" associated with this team

Pud questioned what Ashley would do to ensure HBA didn't complete the 25 games. Must say like, I didn't think slipping De Jong a brown envelope was on the cards like... :lol:

Absolutely gutted :D

I figured he'd have waited til 24 games in n'all :lol:

How much does his loss affect our chances of staying up?

For so long we’ve been crying out for a decent midfielder, so when we finally do, look what happens.

I think it was obvious to CH and even Ashley that we needed someone creative. So I can only hope that, come January, we seek out someone who can lead out of MF. The thing is, where will we be placed points-wise come January?

How much does his loss affect our chances of staying up?

For so long we’ve been crying out for a decent midfielder, so when we finally do, look what happens.

I think it was obvious to CH and even Ashley that we needed someone creative. So I can only hope that, come January, we seek out someone who can lead out of MF. The thing is, where will we be placed points-wise come January?

While gutted about losing him I'm not as down as some.

We have played and did again yesterday, very well without him.

Would prefer him in the team but still think we'll do ok.

Think the big problem is Routledge who seems like a little boy lost.