Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

"just one of those things"

MOTD's verdict on the dirty cunt's challenge.

Fucking shit kickers.

Sums up the retards in football, they seem to think getting any sort of touch on the ball is the end of the debate, they're too fucking thick to realise getting the ball is irrelivent when a tackle is dangerous and reckless and smashes somebodies leg in two. Going by their logic you may as well touch the ball then smash down on their knee and break it, its fine you won the ball first.

Its this attitude that means this will keep happening to players and Wenger will be left on his own complaining that the thugs in football are wrecking the game.

It seems to be drummed into players that getting a touch is all you need, especially since the advent of the holding midfielder. Just look at the amount of cloggers who make it their duty to 'go in hard' nowadays - Cattermole, Henry, De Jong, Essien, Smith etc. It's no surprise the number of serious injuries is going through the roof, these players don't know how to tackle properly. There used to be a skill to it, not anymore.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez

I tell you what it is, I've never seen anyone with less anguish on their face at breaking their leg he was so brave. He even had time to lean up and wave to the toon fans.

He'll be back.

I tell you what it is, I've never seen anyone with less anguish on their face at breaking their leg he was so brave. He even had time to lean up and wave to the toon fans.

He'll be back.

I've never been more sure of a player coming back than Bafra. He has the right spirit and single-mindedness.

Dutch poster on NO

THE article says That in Holland all analysts agree That it was à horendous tackle and that Its criminal.

Thet Say That Its not his fitst and That THE national caoch tried to tell him to not do this again afther tackles hè did in THE world cup, but it seems hè does not listen to them. And That normal criminals cant change who They are. De jong cant either They Say So They Call him à criminal.

Maybe hè should not play for Holland anymore cause it Will only hurt them selecting à player like That

Fans responses are THE Same:

Hè should be Locked up

Hè should be suspended for à year

And So on

No Nice words to be found

Hope this helps

De Jong's been dropped by Holland because of the tackle according to the Beeb ticker.

As much as I think he's an absolute dirty cunt, I can't understand their decision on that one.... Surely would have been more applicable for them to drop him after the challenge on Alonso in the WC? Or are they turning a blind eye to that one?

De Jong's been dropped by Holland because of the tackle according to the Beeb ticker.

As much as I think he's an absolute dirty cunt, I can't understand their decision on that one.... Surely would have been more applicable for them to drop him after the challenge on Alonso in the WC? Or are they turning a blind eye to that one?

The Dutch coaches have been onto him to calm down for over a year and at least since the WC.

The Dutch coaches have been onto him to calm down for over a year and at least since the WC.

I'm more interested to see what action the FA take. Should sanction that MCFC pay HBA's wages whilst he's out and that De Jong personally foots the medical bill. Spineless bastards will do fuck all though.

Quotes from the Dutch national team manager Bert van Marwijk:

"I've seen it on TV. It was a wild and unnecessary challenge.

"I don't think he did it on purpose, but he goes in way too hard in this challenge. That's

a pity, because he doesn't need tackles like this.

"The strange thing is that the referee doesn't give a card. Apparently there are other standards over there.

"I have a problem with the way Nigel unnecessarily searches for the limit. I'm going to talk about that with him these days."

He'll end up with a three game ban and nothing more which is of course no use to us or Ben Arfa whatsoever.

With regards to those feeling so down, despite this I'm still feeling very positive for the rest of the season. We went down last time by just one point iirc and this year we look so much better than that team despite having on paper a much weaker squad. If you take the first game out of the equation we could have very easily won all of the other games we've played. Someone else said last week that margin's of failure in the games we've lost have been very small and I think, as long as Hughton realises he needs to do something different when we average to poor teams at home, we'll do ok.

Also the Emergance of Tiote looking is buoying me no end!

:lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-27396958/?

HATEM BEN ARFA today promised the Newcastle United faithful: "I'll be back" after the French international suffered a horror injury at Eastlands to wreck his season.

Ben Arfa required oxygen before being stretchered off at Man City, but still found time to acknowledge both the Toon Army and the home fans who had applauded him from the field of play.

The 23-year-old was wiped out by an uncompromising challenge from Dutch international Nigel de Jong with just three minutes played.

That left Ben Arfa with a broken tibia and fibula, meaning that the Magpies will now be without their talisman until possibly March.

Ben Arfa – who is on loan from Marseille – was due to undergo surgery today in Manchester after suffering the same injury fate as his Toon team-mate Alan Smith, who broke his leg in two places at Anfield in 2006 while at Manchester United.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...?#ixzz11OJFb5W3

:lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-27396958/?

HATEM BEN ARFA today promised the Newcastle United faithful: "I'll be back" after the French international suffered a horror injury at Eastlands to wreck his season.

Ben Arfa required oxygen before being stretchered off at Man City, but still found time to acknowledge both the Toon Army and the home fans who had applauded him from the field of play.

The 23-year-old was wiped out by an uncompromising challenge from Dutch international Nigel de Jong with just three minutes played.

That left Ben Arfa with a broken tibia and fibula, meaning that the Magpies will now be without their talisman until possibly March.

Ben Arfa – who is on loan from Marseille – was due to undergo surgery today in Manchester after suffering the same injury fate as his Toon team-mate Alan Smith, who broke his leg in two places at Anfield in 2006 while at Manchester United.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...?#ixzz11OJFb5W3

That doesn't sound promising as Smith lost a hell of a lot of his game due to that injury!

Manchester City midfielder Nigel De Jong has been dropped from the Holland squad as punishment for his tackle which broke Hatem Ben Arfa's leg.

De Jong went in hard on Newcastle's France winger during the Barclays Premier League clash at Eastlands, with tests later in the day revealing Ben Arfa had suffered a broken tibia and fibula to his left leg.

Holland coach Bert van Marwijk had already expressed his concern at the tackle earlier in the day and a statement this lunchtime revealed the extent of his dismay.

The statement read: "I just informed the squad and told them I saw no other possibility.

"In the near future I will discuss this matter with Nigel but right now we have to focus on the upcoming two matches."

Van Marwijk described De Jong's challenge as "wild and unnecessary" in an interview this morning - even though match referee Martin Atkinson did not even award a foul at the time in a match City went on to win 2-1.

"I've seen the pictures back," Van Marwijk said in the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper.

"It was a wild and unnecessary offence. He went in much too hard.

"It is unfortunate, especially since he does not need to do it.

"The funny thing is that the referee did not even show a yellow card for it. Apparently, there are other standards.

"But I have a problem with the way Nigel needlessly looks to push the limit. I am going to speak to him."

It is not the first time the 25-year-old has come under the microscope for his aggressive play, having caused Bolton's United States midfielder Stuart Holden a fractured right fibula on international duty in March and then got away with a chest-high challenge on Spain's Xabi Alonso in the World Cup final.

De Jong was last week named in Van Marwijk's Oranje squad for the upcoming Euro 2012 qualifiers against Moldova and Sweden.

The World Cup runners-up, who picked up six points from their opening two Group E qualifiers against San Marino and Finland last month, take on Moldova in Chisinau on October 8 and Sweden four days later at the Amsterdam ArenA.

Just had a quick look on a City forum and the majority seem to be of the opinion that it was a fair tackle and 'it's just one of those things'.

I'd like to see their reaction if Barton had've done the same thing to Tevez.