Ben Arfa

ChezGiven

Just had a quick look on a City forum and the majority seem to be of the opinion that it was a fair tackle and 'it's just one of those things'.

I'd like to see their reaction if Barton had've done the same thing to Tevez.

Yeah, I had a look at one earlier too. To be fair, I did also see a few fans admit that de Jong was too heavy going into the challenge and others also say that Shola deserved a pen.

A while there were definitely a few fuckwits, many thought they'd rather forget the game and be grateful for the three points.

As for Hatem saying he'll return to St James', I so hope he's right.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a quick look on a City forum and the majority seem to be of the opinion that it was a fair tackle and 'it's just one of those things'.

I'd like to see their reaction if Barton had've done the same thing to Tevez.

Yeah, I had a look at one earlier too. To be fair, I did also see a few fans admit that de Jong was too heavy going into the challenge and others also say that Shola deserved a pen.

A while there were definitely a few fuckwits, many thought they'd rather forget the game and be grateful for the three points.

As for Hatem saying he'll return to St James', I so hope he's right.

Hughton has confirmed we're keeping him and we're going to oversee is recovery, not Marseille. Big sign we're still looking towards a permanent deal when he's fit.

I know its a shame for the lad. But I'd like to see how he gets on when he gets back from his injury before we spend any money on him.

Someone made the comparison to Smith earlier in the thread, hopefully Ben Arfa hasn't sustained the ankle damage that Smith suffered, as that more than the break hindered his career.

That's the culture over here, would ruin the game to see that sort of challenge stamped out according to MOTD and Sky.

Not the only thing wrong with the football culture. Making young lads play on full size pitches so only the bugguns get pickes, hinders the development of skill etc..English football is a mess, but it's an entertaining mess iykwim.

Also the fact that he's shit at football has hindered Smith's career somewhat.

Actually I think his injury has a lot to do with why he's so shit. Was a totally different player before the leg break.

Didn't he break, dislocate and do the ligaments all at the same time? Quite similar to what Shearer did IIRC. Ben Arfa's looked like a relatively clean break half way up the leg so shouldn't have too much of an impact physically once he's back fit.

Actually I think his injury has a lot to do with why he's so shit. Was a totally different player before the leg break.

Didn't he break, dislocate and do the ligaments all at the same time?

Yep I think you're right - enough to completely end a career in all honesty. Had to endure the ambulance being attacked by Scousers as well IIRC.

Oh well at least there is one positive from the FA's spineless response, much more chance of someone breaking De Jong's leg if he is on the pitch.

Aye righto.. as someone commented on earlier, Man City are now in that percentile of clubs that the FA let get away with murder....

I don't think he was. He was in good form when he first went to Man Utd - then Taggart tried to turn him into the new Keane, and he looked way out of his depth.