Bellamy on way out at Man City

Kitman

I only remember him being a former European footballer of the year when they signed him. Even as a kid you couldn't get your head around it. Charlton ffs :lol: I think the Valley was the biggest club ground in the country then mind (technically anyway), believe it or not.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only remember him being a former European footballer of the year when they signed him. Even as a kid you couldn't get your head around it. Charlton ffs :lol: I think the Valley was the biggest club ground in the country then mind (technically anyway), believe it or not.

One of the sides held 50k or something ridiculous like that

Aye, it's a bit of trivia from Shoot / Match annuals and Panini sticker books etc. from back then. Was a dump in the early 80s though I assume.

Where I've got 77 from was that's when he got the EPOTY award, I knew there was a connection to 77. 83 according to wiki. Barcelona to Charlton eh oh dear. Was like Newcastle to Tottenham in the 90's.

Villa and Ardiles to Spurs. :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

No I knew that. 71,000 iirc, was always the first thing I looked for in Football 85 believe it or not :)

"St James' Park, Newcastle upon Tyne 36,585".

No I knew that. 71,000 iirc, was always the first thing I looked for in Football 85 believe it or not :)

I knew you'd know, trainspotter :lol:

I thought it would come as a shock to some of the young uns though.

Aye, it's a bit of trivia from Shoot / Match annuals and Panini sticker books etc. from back then. Was a dump in the early 80s though I assume.

Yes, proper run down concrete steps with vegetation sprouting through. What Simonsen must have coming from the Camp Nou to that shit heap

No I knew that. 71,000 iirc, was always the first thing I looked for in Football 85 believe it or not :lol:

For many years, The Valley was the largest league ground in London, with a capacity of up to 75,000. The East Stand (or rather bank) was by far the largest stand in English football

valley1974.jpg

:) You learn something new every day!

As Stevie pointed out recently we've got about 5 or 6 strikers so there's no chance of another one coming in. That's an Ashley mindset rather than thinking what we have is good enough.

I think £ 90 k a week is a deciding factor.........

As ever the Buffet Car buffoon with his classic comments. Rob you're always up to speed on things. Cardiff are in major debt troubles, do you seriously think they could commit £5m to wages for one year :o

I'm struggling to think of a bigger coup by a non top flight club for a player since we signed Kevin Keegan in 1982.

Garforth town have done all right over the years ;)

But you're right, he will dominate in the championship and it's a huge huge signing for them. Who've they got up front to play alongside him?

As Stevie pointed out recently we've got about 5 or 6 strikers so there's no chance of another one coming in. That's an Ashley mindset rather than thinking what we have is good enough.

I think £ 90 k a week is a deciding factor.........

As ever the Buffet Car buffoon with his classic comments. Rob you're always up to speed on things. Cardiff are in major debt troubles, do you seriously think they could commit £5m to wages for one year :o

I'm struggling to think of a bigger coup by a non top flight club for a player since we signed Kevin Keegan in 1982.

Garforth town have done all right over the years ;)

But you're right, he will dominate in the championship and it's a huge huge signing for them. Who've they got up front to play alongside him?

chopra, bothroyd or mccormack

Now been confirmed. Season-long loan rather than just 6 months.

No doubt it'll become a permanent deal.

Well I won't pretend I'm not disappointed. Fair play to Cardiff City but we should really have pulled out the stops on this one. A front pairing of Carroll and Bellamy would have ensured Premiership survival in my opinion.

Now been confirmed. Season-long loan rather than just 6 months.

No doubt it'll become a permanent deal.

Well I won't pretend I'm not disappointed. Fair play to Cardiff City but we should really have pulled out the stops on this one. A front pairing of Carroll and Bellamy would have ensured Premiership survival in my opinion.

It may have worked until they ended up kicking the fuck out of each other and missing the rest of the season.

Would have taken him back in a second. He had a brilliant season at Man City last season, and I can't really understand why they don't want him. I know they have to try and fit all their trophy signings in but dont really understand why Santa Cruz, Adebayor and now Balotelli are considered so much better by Mancini. He's a winner and a whinger, you cant have too many of them in your squad.

He would walk into our team and we better sign someone before the window closes or we're in big trouble. The thought of Shola and Carroll trying to fire us to Premier League safety doesn't particularly fill me with the utmost confidence.

Would have taken him back in a second. He had a brilliant season at Man City last season, and I can't really understand why they don't want him. I know they have to try and fit all their trophy signings in but dont really understand why Santa Cruz, Adebayor and now Balotelli are considered so much better by Mancini. He's a winner and a whinger, you cant have too many of them in your squad.

He would walk into our team and we better sign someone before the window closes or we're in big trouble. The thought of Shola and Carroll trying to fire us to Premier League safety doesn't particularly fill me with the utmost confidence.

He is too good a player for an ordinary team, he is too big a gobshite to play for a big team. He left us less than five years ago and he is on his 6th team since then.

absolutely. our activity - or lack there of - in the next couple of weeks will make or break us. this is an absolutely massive window for us this. management's choice between a relegation battle and telling the rest of the league that we're serious and up for the fight.

i fear the former. ashley probably hoping we can wing it on a few last minute bargains. hope he proves us all wrong

I don't see this as a massive window for us as I doubt if Houghton has either the money or ability to bring in any players that will make a difference. If Perch's display is indicative of the quality of player that Houghton thinks can help us then more warm bodies of this calibre won't matter.

I don't see this as a massive window for us as I doubt if Houghton has either the money or ability to bring in any players that will make a difference. If Perch's display is indicative of the quality of player that Houghton thinks can help us then more warm bodies of this calibre won't matter.

he is finding the best he can for 1m quid man.

that's why it's massive. it's obvious we're operating on a smaller budget than in the past but either ashley puts his fingers in his pockets and gives us a fighting chance, or he reverts to type and only gives hughton the kind of cash that allows us to get one or two more perch type signings.

it's a huge window. if he doesn't act now, it may be too late come december to save us, like last time. and if we go down again, there's no guarantee we'll bounce straight back up again.

ashley still has time to allow hughton to add quality to the squad. if he doesn't, he's taking a pretty big punt, if you ask me.

that's why it's massive. it's obvious we're operating on a smaller budget than in the past but either ashley puts his fingers in his pockets and gives us a fighting chance, or he reverts to type and only gives hughton the kind of cash that allows us to get one or two more perch type signings.

it's a huge window. if he doesn't act now, it may be too late come december to save us, like last time. and if we go down again, there's no guarantee we'll bounce straight back up again.

ashley still has time to allow hughton to add quality to the squad. if he doesn't, he's taking a pretty big punt, if you ask me.

"If like (me) you enjoy a gamble now and again..."

Exactly my point as you get nowt for a million quid these days. And that is no better and probably worse than we have already. Like Best, FFS.

Exactly my point as you get nowt for a million quid these days. And that is no better and probably worse than we have already. Like Best, FFS.

well, it isn't a player he thinks can help us is it ? It means he's being forced to operate with his hands tied behind his back.

I'll be very surprised if Fat Mike funds any player that will make a difference to this team. In fact, I've already accepted that Houghton will tow the party line when his potential targets fall through and spout off about his confidence in his squad. Thats why I don't see this window as massive for us.

He might be a nice bloke, but I perceive him to be a third rate manager in charge of a mediocre team. Unfortunately for us.

well, it isn't a player he thinks can help us is it ? It means he's being forced to operate with his hands tied behind his back.

He may be but that doesn't change the fact that he won't be making any signings that raise the quality of this squad. Could well be the reason but so what? We all know that.