Manchester U v Newcastle United.

Park Life

Bit worried about this Perch.

The rest of them looked like they were out for a stroll, rarely closing down and rarely picking up the spare man coming in from behind.

Positives

Williamson had a fairly good game as did Routledge, both look like they good contribute good things this season. Collo had a fair game as well SHOCK HORROR!! :lol:

Guti is still pretty shit and when will he stop trying to cross with his swinger?

We need one half decent striker and a mobile passing type midfielder (Arfa) and we could get through the coming months with some diginity.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to say all this technology Sky brought into the studio is a waste of money but then they one upped themselves with an advert for yet another pop idol talent show travesty.

Saved themselves with Karl Pilkington's travel show though.

Karl Pilkington in charge of the football coverage would probably save it.

Greetings from Canada. I hope most of you will be able to understand my English. :)

May I just say that even last season I had the Premiership in mind whilst watching our boys win the Championship. At no point last season did I think our midfield were good enough for the Premiership. Perhaps Guthrie in a rotation, and if you need to use Smith and Barton, then as deep cover. Most of our goals last season came via the air, rarely was anything created by keeping the ball on the deck. So other than this Arfa talk, I'm quite shocked that this midfield would stay in tact going into the new season.

That being said, I'm true Toon and will be cheering our boys on to fight to stay up.

All the best from the Toronto Toon contingent! :lol:

fergie just says well done to geoff shreeves for his questions. i'm not surprised. there weren't many challenging questions put to him were there? the man u love in rolls on.

i'm starting to miss maniche and stevie claridge already. jesus wept.

fergie just says well done to geoff shreeves for his questions. i'm not surprised. there weren't many challenging questions put to him were there? the man u love in rolls on.

i'm starting to miss maniche and stevie claridge already. jesus wept.

Now, Sir Alex, which brandy will you be drinking this evening?

Greetings from Canada. I hope most of you will be able to understand my English. :icon_lol:

May I just say that even last season I had the Premiership in mind whilst watching our boys win the Championship. At no point last season did I think our midfield were good enough for the Premiership. Perhaps Guthrie in a rotation, and if you need to use Smith and Barton, then as deep cover. Most of our goals last season came via the air, rarely was anything created by keeping the ball on the deck. So other than this Arfa talk, I'm quite shocked that this midfield would stay in tact going into the new season.

That being said, I'm true Toon and will be cheering our boys on to fight to stay up.

All the best from the Toronto Toon contingent! :lol:

Bit shocked? Most of us are suicidal at the though of Smith and Nolan STILL starting. :):lol:

Greetings from Canada. I hope most of you will be able to understand my English. :lol:

All the best from the Toronto Toon contingent! :)

:lol:

Think 3-0 was maybe a little harsh on us. Man Utd definitely deserved to win and had the majority of the play but Harper didn't make a save and their goals came from us losing posession near our own penalty area. I think 2-0 would have been fairer.

I've seen us pay a lot worse against the top teams and the number of goal attempts we had was encouraging.

Right back is a real worry, as is who to play alongside Carroll.

At the risk of jumping on the Skysports bandwagon, Scholes' passing was immaculate, best player on the park by a mile, as he was last weekend.

How embarassing is the format on Monday Night Football though? Fucking awful, almost makes me miss Jamie Redknapp's inane patter.

Greetings from Canada. I hope most of you will be able to understand my English. :lol:

And you're foreign too, genius.

At the risk of jumping on the Skysports bandwagon, Scholes' passing was immaculate, best player on the park by a mile, as he was last weekend

He was the definite MOM like. Sky's inability to deal in anything other than extremes is what we're all ridiculing though.

Completely agree, as good as he played, the post match analysis was fucking nauseating.

I'm not at all worried about this. We've went there with better teams and been beaten much worse. This will be a hard season but the players look much more up to the battle than last time. It's going to be tough no doubt. But there is hope there.

Gemmill i think he actually used the phrase 'if he can only chisel a couple of seasons out of him' poetically casting Ferguson as some sort of carpenter.

:) Aye he did. Probably picturing Scholes as Michelangelo's David but with a foot long ginger cock.

I see what you did there. You used complicated html to edit, or highlight some words in my post. You sneaky debil you.

:icon_lol:

Edited by LooneyToony

I'm not at all worried about this. We've went there with better teams and been beaten much worse. This will be a hard season but the players look much more up to the battle than last time. It's going to be tough no doubt. But there is hope there.

This. Spot on Kelly marra

based on the fact we just put that performance in against man u, who will do that to most if not all teams bar about 7 (the euro contenders) I reckon we'll be staying up

A fair few have said they thought Routy played well. I thought he wasn't great though. I agree about the movement infront of him, but his crossing was garbage and final has was poor in general.

I think a big problem for us this season will be options for when players aren't performing. Perch/Routy are playing shite/injured...Raylor?

Greetings from Canada. I hope most of you will be able to understand my English. :icon_lol:

All the best from the Toronto Toon contingent! :icon_lol:

I see what you did there. You used complicated html to edit, or highlight some words in my post. You sneaky debil you.

:):lol::icon_lol:

Anyway.. did ayone else notice the fat man behind the england coach baldini?

A fair few have said they thought Routy played well. I thought he wasn't great though. I agree about the movement infront of him, but his crossing was garbage and final has was poor in general.

I think a big problem for us this season will be options for when players aren't performing. Perch/Routy are playing shite/injured...Raylor?

lookin that way with out current squad

thing is if just a couple of these transfer rumours we're involved in come true, say ben arfa and fer then we'll have strengthed the wing and the CM spot

All the best from the Toronto Toon contingent! :icon_lol:

:):lol::icon_lol:

Anyway.. did ayone else notice the fat man behind the england coach baldini?

aye, it was mentioned earlier

hopefully FMA will take the sky view of that being a game we were utterly mullered beyond anything that has ever happened before and be encouraged to get on with some signings

that however will require a larger leap than ghosts being proven real