Tiote

Toon_Man

Tiote probably going to ANC before FA Cup tie while fellow Ivorian's Kolo and Yaya Toure will remain until perhaps after Man City's League Cup First Leg tie. Utter bullshit.

whys that? the toures have asked to stay with their clubs longer and presumably man city have backed their request in some way

Tiote won't have done and even had he I can't see our board getting involved and trying to make sure he can

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiote probably going to ANC before FA Cup tie while fellow Ivorian's Kolo and Yaya Toure will remain until perhaps after Man City's League Cup First Leg tie. Utter bullshit.

whys that? the toures have asked to stay with their clubs longer and presumably man city have backed their request in some way

Tiote won't have done and even had he I can't see our board getting involved and trying to make sure he can

following up on this, news today that the Ivory Coast have not given the Toures permission to hang back for another match with city

• 3 months later...

Tiote Wanted To Play On!

Ivorian iron man Cheick Tiote was stretchered off during Newcastle's win at Chelsea and needed seven stitches to a head wound but insisted: "I wanted to play on!"

The tough-tackling midfielder was accidentally caught by John Mikel Obi as the pair challenged for a high ball and suffered a deep gash above his right eye, with play delayed for eight minutes as he was treated.

Players from both sides crowded around, visibly concerned for the 25-year-old, while both sets of supporters applauded him off the field as Ryan Taylor prepared to replace him. But amazingly, as he was carried down the tunnel Tiote pleaded with club doctor Paul Catterson and physio David Henderson to allow him to return to the fray.

"I wanted to play on but the doctor said it's not possible to come back onto the pitch so I had to respect his decision," he told nufc.co.uk.

"And the team finished the job so I'm happy tonight. It was painful but that's football. I am okay and I'm just thinking about Sunday now.

"When I was down, my eyes were groggy and I couldn't see properly but now I'm okay and I will be fit for Sunday."

A combination of Tiote's injury and several substitutions meant that there were ten minutes of stoppage time added on as United tried to preserve their 1-0 lead.

But rather than merely clinging on, the Magpies doubled their advantage through Papiss Cisse's second goal of the night.

And the former FC Twente man said: "I wasn't worried that we'd hold on because after that we stayed focused and played well. Then Papiss scored his second goal for a great result.

"When I came off I just took a shower and after that, sat in the dressing room so I didn't see the goal - only on video!

"But it was a nice goal, a good finish and that's Papiss - he scores every time and it's good for us.

"Chelsea have good players and it was another great win, like the one against Manchester United. We did very well as a team. Everyone did their job and we got a fantastic win."

:lol:

Tiote Wanted To Play On!

Ivorian iron man Cheick Tiote was stretchered off during Newcastle's win at Chelsea and needed seven stitches to a head wound but insisted: "I wanted to play on!"

The tough-tackling midfielder was accidentally caught by John Mikel Obi as the pair challenged for a high ball and suffered a deep gash above his right eye, with play delayed for eight minutes as he was treated.

Players from both sides crowded around, visibly concerned for the 25-year-old, while both sets of supporters applauded him off the field as Ryan Taylor prepared to replace him. But amazingly, as he was carried down the tunnel Tiote pleaded with club doctor Paul Catterson and physio David Henderson to allow him to return to the fray.

"I wanted to play on but the doctor said it's not possible to come back onto the pitch so I had to respect his decision," he told nufc.co.uk.

"And the team finished the job so I'm happy tonight. It was painful but that's football. I am okay and I'm just thinking about Sunday now.

"When I was down, my eyes were groggy and I couldn't see properly but now I'm okay and I will be fit for Sunday."

A combination of Tiote's injury and several substitutions meant that there were ten minutes of stoppage time added on as United tried to preserve their 1-0 lead.

But rather than merely clinging on, the Magpies doubled their advantage through Papiss Cisse's second goal of the night.

And the former FC Twente man said: "I wasn't worried that we'd hold on because after that we stayed focused and played well. Then Papiss scored his second goal for a great result.

"When I came off I just took a shower and after that, sat in the dressing room so I didn't see the goal - only on video!

"But it was a nice goal, a good finish and that's Papiss - he scores every time and it's good for us.

"Chelsea have good players and it was another great win, like the one against Manchester United. We did very well as a team. Everyone did their job and we got a fantastic win."

:lol:

ACCIDENTLY?

Fuck off!

Could've ended up a Gary Mabbutt situation that one.

I didn't think you can get Diabetes from a blow to the head?

Nothing accidental about it, anyone writing that is either an idiot, wasnt watching the game properly, or a Chelsea fan.

While Tiote was on the ground Mikel went over to Terry near the Chelsea box and they were having a little chat. I'm no lip reader, but it looked as though Mikel was gesturing to his nose where he'd been caught by Tiote earlier and saying he'd 'done him' in retaliation.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Maybe because Tiote is fine and it's not worth the hassle for him as manager to accuse the player of something it's hard to prove. It's as blatant a deliberate elbow in the face as you are likely to see though, I just don't understand how it has gone by with little comment over the intent from Mikel.

London presses not wishing to see a good player for Chelsea receive a ban for violent conduct at a crunch time of the season.

If Balotelli had done that to another player, he'd have the book thrown at him.