Real 'will allow Owen to leave'

Hughesie

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBC website is running a story that he would like to go into management. I suppose he's pretty experienced at watching games from the dugout, so he has a head start on his peers. Peers as in those in a similar position to him, not friends. Michael Owen has no friends.

BBC website is running a story that he would like to go into management. I suppose he's pretty experienced at watching games from the dugout, so he has a head start on his peers. Peers as in those in a similar position to him, not friends. Michael Owen has no friends.

:lol:

Strange thing to say.

I'm looking for suggestions, he's mentioned it and its been mentioned on here when people slag him off but I can't think of a worse winner off the top of my head

From various news sources:

Michael Owen has taken to Twitter once again to clarify comments that he made on the social networking site regarding his stint at Newcastle United.

Following criticism from some supporters over his decision to leave the club for Manchester United in 2009 on a free transfer, 33-year-old Owen insisted that he hadnot been offered a new contract that would have kept him at St James' Park after their relegation to the Championship.

Today, though, Owen has revealed that he was handed fresh terms by the club in 2008 and issued an apology to the Toon Army for any confusion that his previous comments may have caused.

"Just to clarify. My tweet yesterday referred to no contract offer after Newcastle relegation. Which I said was understandable," he wrote on Twitter.

"Newcastle did make me an offer to extend in 2008 when Joe Kinnear was manager. Apologies to the club if there has been any confusion.

"I just didn't want the fans to think I had deserted the club after relegation. I didn't."

Obsequious, grovelling, mercenary turd.

"I just didn't want the fans to think I had deserted the club after relegation. I didn't."

Aye, you deserted it well before relegation.

Owen should give up with this shite. He wouldn't have stayed even if the club had offered him a new contract after relegation. In fact iirc he went on record saying he wouldn't drop down a division, even if we could've found the money to pay his bloated wages. So what's he on about?

The truth is people hate him not because he didn't sign a new contract, but because he did fuck all for us after we paid a huge transfer fee and paid him huge wages. And all the while he gave every appearance of not giving a flying fuck about our predicament, spent more time with his horses than his team-mates and didn't have deal with the consequences of relegation. And throughout all of this, he's not once said sorry because he can do no fucking wrong.

The twat.

Owen should give up with this shite. He wouldn't have stayed even if the club had offered him a new contract after relegation. In fact iirc he went on record saying he wouldn't drop down a division, even if we could've found the money to pay his bloated wages. So what's he on about?

"Prefer playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor team. Been there a[nd] didn't enjoy it."

Cunt.

Newcastle's managing director, Derek Llambias, said he was very disappointed by Owen's remarks. "Under Kevin Keegan's management he was offered a one-year extension at £140,000 a week which he did not take. He was already on £133,000. His time here cost £40-odd million, about £1.3m per goal."

Newcastle's tea lady, Glenda Munroe, said she was very disappointed by Owen's remarks. "Under Kevin Keegan's management he was offered a one-year extension at £140,000 a week which he did not take. He was already on £133,000. His time here cost £40-odd million, about £1.3m per goal. Would you like sugar with that love?"

I may have edited your post.

Fucking hate Llambias and agreeing with him makes that more of a chore.

Ha! Owen's ambition is to become a football agent according to an interview with Sky (below). Sounds about right that he'd go from one money-grabbing career of dicking clubs out of large amounts of cash for doing nothing to another career doing pretty much exactly the same - it's an even more horrendous thought that he'll be out there encouraging young players in to getting as much as they can for doing as little as possible.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8597707/Former-England-star-Michael-Owen-ready-to-become-an-agent

He reminds me of the Patrick Swayze character from Donnie Darko. Big smiley & media savvy but privately a hypocritical career climbing twat. Not a paedo though.

That would be awful, him being a paedo. It would be almost as bad if there was a rumour about him being one.